Vonda Barnes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Gosh, Vonda Barnes is getting on my wick today on the Skechers show. Everything is 'phenomenal'. Can she not use any other word? She is one of the worst brand ambassadors, she shouts, talks too fast and is ridiculously pushy (although she has just said she isn't.) Oh and did I mention that everything is 'phenomenal.'

I felt like throwing my tv out the window when a few weeks back she said “from the get go” what’s with the Americanism, why not just say from the start? Oh yes Vonda irritates the heck out of me even before she opens her big gob.

It's just a pair of trainers or trainer/shoes, overpriced IMO. The last ones I bought off QVC were not good quality, rubbed like hell at the back and the front overlay came away after 3 wears. Not what I'd expect for nearly £50. When I first bought Skechers years ago for around £25 a pair, they were a great buy but since they've become "the in thing" the price has rocketed while the quality has gone the other way.

Vonda gets on my wick as well and I never watch.

CC

Yes you can buy cheaper, much more comfortable shoes/trainers anywhere for a fraction of what Sketchers charge, honestly to hear her and QVC presenters talk, you’d think they’d found the Holy Grail.

I felt like throwing my tv out the window when a few weeks back she said “from the get go” what’s with the Americanism, why not just say from the start? Oh yes Vonda irritates the heck out of me even before she opens her big gob.

I absolutely hate that expression. It’s so widespread now but it makes no sense. What is a get go? Or, for that matter, what’s a go and how do you get it?

I absolutely hate that expression. It’s so widespread now but it makes no sense. What is a get go? Or, for that matter, what’s a go and how do you get it?

Orrrr, do you get it then go? or do you go when you’ve got it? I agree, it makes absolutely no sense, like the much loved “find what you love, love what you find” or Chloe’s Everton’s “coming up on the way” a few of life’s little fables, utterly useless and senseless. :mysmilie_19:

Orrrr, do you get it then go? or do you go when you’ve got it? I agree, it makes absolutely no sense, like the much loved “find what you love, love what you find” or Chloe’s Everton’s “coming up on the way” a few of life’s little fables, utterly useless and senseless. :mysmilie_19:

Also annoying! It's like the opposite of, "Looking back in retrospect" ... not that I've heard that on QVC. I have heard plenty of other silly things, though. I still hate the constant repetition of "for you" - reminding viewers that everything they do on QVC is entirely for our good and nothing whatsoever to do with their desire for maximum sales and the extraction of our very last penny.

"As you can see, there", drives me nuts, and Dale just drops it into his sentences, whether it makes sense, or not.

there was also a lot of "you guys" and even a "wowzer" thrown in!

nooooooooooo!

'her big gob'

:mysmilie_15:

She’s used to mixing with the acting darlings accompanying her youngest Woody Norman.
Who’s a very busy child star and been in loads of stuff including Marks Mrs Christmas advert https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5QPXhStb5I and the Les Mis. tv drama
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7035760/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t63

Vonda herself is/was a some time/one time actor. She was even in a 'girl band' (which in itself I feel is a bit desperate)

'Going with' to shoots & film sets is probably her way of seeing if she can have a role somewhere.

She is clearly a pushy mother & living out her 'dream' through him. 'Woody' - ffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
She really is an annoying bint just pipped to the post by the 2 awful Abbies.

My blood pressure hits the roof when I am addressed as “guy” by servers in restaurant one day I am going to strip off and shout at the top of m6 voice “do these bits look like a fecking guy”

Current hate on Q is starting very reply with “yes absolutely “ and even “no absolutely “.

I don’t get on with Skechers at all but I do like Deichmann Venice which are much cheaper and more roomy without being wide.

We don’t have a store here but I bought a pair in a store in Krakow and liked them so much I ordered another pair on line. Totally my fault I ordered the wrong size but sent them back for a bigger size all done very promptly and no letters or waiting over 72 hours for a reply or weeks for a refund.

I ordered plants 19 days ago still in process and no satisfaction from email which takes 72 hours for every reply back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know who the Jenny woman who is on with KP on 4pm show but she is definitely in the running with Vonda and the Abbies. Not helped by it being a bit of everything show so one minute a brand of shoes can’t be lived without and the next minute a different brand is going to solve every foot problem you never had.

Another brainless bint.

I think I've mentioned on another thread, that Vonda's eyebrows look like a couple of slugs.

I'm glad someone else on here mentioned her over use of 'guys' - I loathe the term, in fact in a moment of the red mist coming down, I fired off an email to channel 4 Homes in the Sun because one of their presenters - Dannie Menzies used 'guys' in every sentence she uttered in one episode, and once you notice something it was all I could concentrate on thereafter. In that sense she takes the part of an overseas e/agent, so was not professional in using the term, particularly when dealing with more mature potential customers.

Its no different on QVC, I would not expect to be called a 'guy' in a retail shop, so I don't expect to hear it, or be referred to as 'you guys out there' coming from the tv screen.

I can imagine the QVC management guys have a 'Word You Must Use' directive that gets sent out to the sales assistants on a regular basis & as it's an American company the get-go would be one of the ones chosen. Along with many others I don't like gifting & I was surprised to read that it's a verb that's been used for centuries as an alternative to endow & is used in Scotland more than anywhere else. Apparently it came back into common useage in the 1930s because of tax code changes & people started talking about a gift tax. Regardless of all of that it still irritates me.

Matchey matchey (sp?)is a term forever on Q these days.The Vonda & Chloe we’re trying to outdo each other this a.m,it was too much so off I went.

Latest posts

Back