SJ Bareminerals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think SJ looks great now but I thought she did before too. We have no idea what goes on in another person's head regarding body image or over eating. I am glad she feels happier and looks happier.

I’ve put on over a stone due to medication which I am not happy about, especially as the meds didn’t work so now I’m stuck with dieting it off when I’ve always watched my weight and have such a strict diet it’s hard to see what I can reduce :mysmilie_51:

I feel your pain. So sorry :(
I've always been extremely strict with my eating and slim but after steroids I blew up... And they didn't help. Am now on another drug which puts weight on... So unfair isn't it :(

But it may be worth you seeing what happens now you're off the meds, without making changes to an already strict diet, as weight may come off naturally, albeit not immediately.

That happened to me in the past, as did gradually get back to natural weight - some was obviously fluid related.

(Trouble is now most of my current medication is supposed to increase appetite as well! And iller I am, the less mobile I am... Luckily (!) I also suffer from nausea!! ;))

Good luck.

I feel your pain. So sorry :(
I've always been extremely strict with my eating and slim but after steroids I blew up... And they didn't help. Am now on another drug which puts weight on... So unfair isn't it :(

But it may be worth you seeing what happens now you're off the meds, without making changes to an already strict diet, as weight may come off naturally, albeit not immediately.

That happened to me in the past, as did gradually get back to natural weight - some was obviously fluid related.

(Trouble is now most of my current medication is supposed to increase appetite as well! And iller I am, the less mobile I am... Luckily (!) I also suffer from nausea!! ;))

Good luck.

Thank you Loopy! My GP said get more active, I’m wiped out when I get home from work but I’ll have to do something. Yes, I’m hoping some, if not all, will naturally go now off those meds but because I have multiple health issues and hitting 60 I feel it won’t be easy. My very best wishes to you, you are really suffering but with a great sense of humour :bear:

I feel the same about slimming groups - also for personal reasons and my own history.. And I know it seems to be effective, but I find the slimming world plans/approach very odd (mum and grannie both did it when I was a teen - but that's another story!)

Are you planning to use the app to log your intake and set goals? Should work well as a motivation and it's useful to use as a food and exercise diary. But remember to focus on doing it slowly but surely as it's easier to make positive changes and maintain weight in the longer term. Good luck!

Thanks, Totally LL. I lost a few stone doing it when it first came out, but had a stint on steroids and lost heart. At least I know it works. I've since gone on different meds and one in particular has made me want to eat non-stop! I've never felt anything like it. I'm tapering down now as it's stressing me out and making me feel worse. Exercise is limited for me. I'm on crutches, but asides that, I suffer the most crippling fatigue. Pacing helps, but when I'm knackered beyond a joke just getting out of bed. Getting downstairs nearly kills me and I need a half-hour lie-down after a shower.

I'm pretty motivated as I'm going on my first cruise next year. I'm hoping (perhaps beyond hope)that the fatigue won't be so bad if I lose a few stone. I've been logging food for the last month just to get into it, as I find it easier to look at what my problem areas are (eating out, desserts etc). Cutting sugar would be the main thing for me but as I can't have a cup of tea without two sugars, I shall just have to cut my tea back.

I have two friends that go religiously to SW every year, lose a stone each then put it on. This has gone on for at least 10 years but each time the regain, they also add. They're now bigger than they've ever been and poorer for it. My sister has done quite well on WW, though, but I suspect it's because she's gone there almost every week for the last five years, despite getting to her comfortable weight within six months.

Good luck to you and all the others who want to lose some weight.

Latest posts

Back