I’m Chloe The QVC Prepared.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to spend many Christmasses alone and it would get to me when the presenters were all banging on about family and friends and drinks parties and having everyone round and big dinners and a lovely cosy time. Of course it's no one's fault if some people have families and some don't but they might want to stop and think what they are saying and who their audience is. You can feel very left out. We only have the presenter's word that all this is happening to them and maybe they just want to seem more exciting.

CC

Reminds me of a couple of people at work. A woman came into the office one morning wearing the previous day's clothes. The younger staff spent all day trying to discover why she hadn't been home. They eventually found out where she'd been, and with whom.

We had a very good looking male graduate spend 3 months with us as part of his fast-track training. He
Kept a spare shirt and toiletries in his briefcase and on several occasions to my knowledge he stayed overnight at a nearby hotel with one of my friends. Sadly she hadn't arranged a contingency outfit and came in the next day in yesterday's clothes. It's such a give-away !

I had a collegaue at work, going back a few years, when private lives were generally kept private as Facebook didn't exist, who came in to the office after a good night out, stood in front of the boss and his business partner, hitched up her mini-skirt and asked "Do you want to see my carpet burns?". I just didn't know where to put my face and they stood there looking gobsmacked. The boss was very straight laced and couldn't believe one of his secretaries could behave like that. The rest of us laughed like hyenas. I should say, she was a very nice girl, just went a bit OTT sometimes.

Chloe in full force now on the main channel. I’ve just flicked over to view a full screen look of raw cut off hems of her jeans. Then she pulls up the jean leg to flash mosquito bites, that gave her a fever in Sri Lanka. Then singing “Footsteps on the dance floor, reminds me of you” her favourite song.

I used to spend many Christmasses alone and it would get to me when the presenters were all banging on about family and friends and drinks parties and having everyone round and big dinners and a lovely cosy time. Of course it's no one's fault if some people have families and some don't but they might want to stop and think what they are saying and who their audience is. You can feel very left out. We only have the presenter's word that all this is happening to them and maybe they just want to seem more exciting.

CC

I agree it can’t be helped that some people have different lifestyles but when they must know that a good proportion of their viewers may be housebound their showing off and bragging is to say the least extremely insensitive and shows what fools some of them are.

CC

That’s right, QVC take insensitive to a whole other level.

I had a collegaue at work, going back a few years, when private lives were generally kept private as Facebook didn't exist, who came in to the office after a good night out, stood in front of the boss and his business partner, hitched up her mini-skirt and asked "Do you want to see my carpet burns?". I just didn't know where to put my face and they stood there looking gobsmacked. The boss was very straight laced and couldn't believe one of his secretaries could behave like that. The rest of us laughed like hyenas. I should say, she was a very nice girl, just went a bit OTT sometimes.

:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13: I don't think I'd have waited to be sacked!!! Never have shown my face again.

CC

CC

On a similar theme I received an email from Molton Brown recently advising customers that they could opt out of upcoming marketing emails for Father's Day. I assume they may do the same next spring for Mothering Sunday. I know that we can't be protected from everything in life but I found that really thoughtful.

On a similar theme I received an email from Molton Brown recently advising customers that they could opt out of upcoming marketing emails for Father's Day. I assume they may do the same next spring for Mothering Sunday. I know that we can't be protected from everything in life but I found that really thoughtful.

Oh that's nice to know.. I've had a couple of similar emails regarding Mother's Day including from Bloom and Wild, florists, and Liz Earle too, I think, but I did think at the time that I wished people were as sensitive about Father's Day!

I agree about not needing to be protected from life - I could and would feel very hurt indeed if I took to heart a lot of what was said etc, as I have so many areas/issues linked to my own sad (in every sense, sadly!) circumstances. And I don't expect anyone to worry about that - but it's really nice when you learn that people have considered that there are people out there who may wish to avoid additional 'emotional bruises'...

(Sorry that was a very long-winded, poorly expressed post but hopefully the intention is clear?!! Not slept for a few days again!!)

Ms Everton is taking the proverbial, she's unprofessional, immature & crude. I've sent yet another 'moan about a sales assistant' email to the powers that be in Q land about her.

I agree it can’t be helped that some people have different lifestyles but when they must know that a good proportion of their viewers may be housebound their showing off and bragging is to say the least extremely insensitive and shows what fools some of them are.

Agreed, there’s a difference between you can’t protect everyone to out and outright bragging about house renovations, holidays, expensive lifestyles etc when some people can’t put a meal on the table and yes I know that’s not their fault but how about just sticking to selling instead of bragging and self promoting. We’re lucky we own our house outright after downsizing so no mortgage now, financially we’re ok, not loaded but we’re ok that’s why I like to give something back through the likes of animal and homeless charities. I might be wrong but it feels like if ever a presenter does something for charity, it’s to self publicise and feed their narcissism, too many takers on QVC, including QVC, and not enough givers......phew! there I’ve said it :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Oh that's nice to know.. I've had a couple of similar emails regarding Mother's Day including from Bloom and Wild, florists, and Liz Earle too, I think, but I did think at the time that I wished people were as sensitive about Father's Day!

I agree about not needing to be protected from life - I could and would feel very hurt indeed if I took to heart a lot of what was said etc, as I have so many areas/issues linked to my own sad (in every sense, sadly!) circumstances. And I don't expect anyone to worry about that - but it's really nice when you learn that people have considered that there are people out there who may wish to avoid additional 'emotional bruises'...

(Sorry that was a very long-winded, poorly expressed post but hopefully the intention is clear?!! Not slept for a few days again!!)

It wasn't poorly expressed at all. We lost our first baby, he was born too early & even though I accepted that his life would haven't been what we wanted for him it was, as you can imagine, the most awful time of our lives. Everywhere I went, every time I switched on the tv or opened a magazine I saw a pregnant woman. To make matters worse I worked in a predominantly female office, we were all similar in age & one by one most announced that they were expecting. I came through that dark time & the sun started to shine again, the one positive was that it made me conscious of the pain of others & that empathy, not sympathy, is important. I hope you're able to sleep tonight.

Just had similar from Superdrug.

As we know there are dozens of negative posts on arsebook re CE but the groupies have now raised their heads and want the “Chloe haters” to stop posting. Some chance!

As we know there are dozens of negative posts on arsebook re CE but the groupies have now raised their heads and want the “Chloe haters” to stop posting. Some chance!

I’m surprised any CE/presenter haters (or the truth as I like to call it) get through QVC Facebook bouncers :mysmilie_17:

It wasn't poorly expressed at all. We lost our first baby, he was born too early & even though I accepted that his life would haven't been what we wanted for him it was, as you can imagine, the most awful time of our lives. Everywhere I went, every time I switched on the tv or opened a magazine I saw a pregnant woman. To make matters worse I worked in a predominantly female office, we were all similar in age & one by one most announced that they were expecting. I came through that dark time & the sun started to shine again, the one positive was that it made me conscious of the pain of others & that empathy, not sympathy, is important. I hope you're able to sleep tonight.

I wrote a reply to this soon after you posted it and felt sure I posted that. But can't find any sign of it...
Didn't want you to think I had ignored such a heartfelt post.
I shall now see if I wrote reply in my notes first (sometimes do/have to!) in which case I will try again! X

I did write reply in notes so will try again to post now! But thank you for sharing...

Oh gosh, I am SO sorry to read and learn this...
And I can only begin to empathise with how very hideous and hellish that was for you - and the father.

I sometimes get so down as I struggle to accept that I can't have babies.
(Weirdly somehow it's harder to accept because I would/have been able to conceive, but just too ill to carry/actual have a child, if that makes sense?!)
And to be a mum was all I ever wanted in many ways. (Mind you that was before I got ill and housebound and all the rest, so I would settle for less now!)

But to have actually had and held your baby, and then to have had it taken from you must be more painful than I can even imagine :(

People around you also often seem to move on so quickly after a bereavement (and I don't blame them, that's life). But I know from experience it leaves you broken and changed forever, and it can feel so insensitive and only amplifies the agony.

Well done you for getting through the worst of it and coming out the other side (know it's not something one gets over, nor should it be). And how amazing for recognising that it gave you the opportunity to learn such important lessons and inspiring such a positive trait in you (just sorry you had to)...

[Again apologies, less rest and sleep I've had, the more verbose and inarticulate I become! ;) ]

I did write reply in notes so will try again to post now! But thank you for sharing...

Oh gosh, I am SO sorry to read and learn this...
And I can only begin to empathise with how very hideous and hellish that was for you - and the father.

I sometimes get so down as I struggle to accept that I can't have babies.
(Weirdly somehow it's harder to accept because I would/have been able to conceive, but just too ill to carry/actual have a child, if that makes sense?!)
And to be a mum was all I ever wanted in many ways. (Mind you that was before I got ill and housebound and all the rest, so I would settle for less now!)

But to have actually had and held your baby, and then to have had it taken from you must be more painful than I can even imagine :(

People around you also often seem to move on so quickly after a bereavement (and I don't blame them, that's life). But I know from experience it leaves you broken and changed forever, and it can feel so insensitive and only amplifies the agony.

Well done you for getting through the worst of it and coming out the other side (know it's not something one gets over, nor should it be). And how amazing for recognising that it gave you the opportunity to learn such important lessons and inspiring such a positive trait in you (just sorry you had to)...

[Again apologies, less rest and sleep I've had, the more verbose and inarticulate I become! ;) ]

Sending some love to you xxx

Thank you Lou. Sorry that this is a late reply, the combination of breaking my charger lead, so no power, a visit to Chelsea Flower Show & two days baby-sitting took me away from the forum. You sound very stoical but I'm so sorry that you have to be because of what life has thrown at you. When my dad was doing his National Service he met a WW1 veteran who said to him "Life's a struggle, captain", my dad adopted it as his saying when times got rough & they were both right. I wish you a happy weekend :flower:

Latest posts

Back