MarlaWynne

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a denim jacket & I'm 60, I've also got one in pink cotton, same shape from Sainsburys. However, my hair isn't in the iron helmet style favoured by RL so I feel I can get away with wearing them.

Ahhhhhh, but we only have your word for that......:mysmilie_17:

It's a once in a lifetime thing, a week round the Med. Never been on one before and Mr CC got us a good deal - big chance to wear all my QVC clothes LOL. People will be pointing and talking about me. Dog is going to the kennels. He loves it and they love him so he won't be lonely.

CC

I put Obie in 'home boarding' once (as I don't think he'd cope in kennels) It was expensive but great as he stayed in the family home with her 2 own dogs & her family (obvs) He was very taken with the (female) Old English Sheepdog & was not at all interested in me when I came to collect him. The owners were embarrassed for me!
I recommend home boarding very much if your dog is a wimp like mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband is a part time taxi driver. He`s 67 and doesn`t think of himself as an OAP and likes to see people our age group look fashionable but dignified. Men as well as women.
Anyway he came home yesterday laughing his socks off. He`d collected 2 ladies in his cab and they were off out for a meal to celebrate one of the ladies 76th birthday.
He said the birthday girl (aged 76) got into his taxi and was wearing a bright red basque, pleather tight fitting trousers and bright red stiletto heeled ankle boots, plus she had pink streaks in her silver grey hair and tats across her chest and up her arms. He said her mate was dressed pretty similar.
They told him they were going for a meal and then would hit the town centre clubs for drinks and a dance. He said he didn`t know whether to admire their guts not to mention their stamina or to shake his head in disbelief. All I can say is my grand daughters would disown me if/when I reach 76 and wanted to do the same !

It's a once in a lifetime thing, a week round the Med. Never been on one before and Mr CC got us a good deal - big chance to wear all my QVC clothes LOL. People will be pointing and talking about me. Dog is going to the kennels. He loves it and they love him so he won't be lonely.

CC

I've not been on holiday for a decade as my woofer definitely would not do well in a kennel. He's such a baby that he pouted for a week after we left him with my out-laws. To be fair, though, I'd pout for a lot longer if I was left with my out-laws :mysmilie_516:

My friend put her dog into kennels for a week and as well as not looking at her for almost a month, he started leaving little parcels around the house to punish her.

So... a cruise. I want every little detail please. I think my partner wants to book one. Our woofer is getting on a bit now. I keep reminding myself about the inevitable because I know I'm going to be very upset. I won't be going anywhere before he goes, though. It's been so long, though, I'm very nervous at the thought of going on holiday.

The only time any dog I've had minded about being left was some years ago when I went to Australia/NZ and I was away for 5 weeks. He was such an independent little dog I thought he'd be fine but he pined like mad after a couple of weeks and I'd never go away for that long again. Only 10 days this time and the dog we have now is very gregarious and just loves people so he seems to be OK in the kennels, although I'm quite picky where I put him. He's not been a problem so far.

The cruise. We're off on 3 July so not long to go and we're going with MSC. Fly to Venice, then around Italy/Greece/Croatia then back to Venice. I was advised by cruising friends to book a balcony cabin (more expensive of course) so we have. Hopefully it will be lovely with good weather. I shall report back once we've been. I never thought I'd be a cruise person but we're giving it a go.

CC

I've cruised many times, AND mostly on my own. Full of trepidation on the first ever trip (Cunard), but boy was I hooked after that. The ship is your 'home', and after a day's sightseeing, so nice to come back to a bit of luxury, followed by nothing more taxing than deciding what to wear and what to have for dinner - cooked by someone else. Bliss !

Incidentally, don't be stung by the huge added on tipping bill at the end of the voyage to your on board account. A day or two into your journey go to the Pursers Office and have it taken off, saying you will make your own gratuity arrangements. That way your favours go to those who have given you great service.

I've not been on holiday for a decade as my woofer definitely would not do well in a kennel. He's such a baby that he pouted for a week after we left him with my out-laws. To be fair, though, I'd pout for a lot longer if I was left with my out-laws :mysmilie_516:

My friend put her dog into kennels for a week and as well as not looking at her for almost a month, he started leaving little parcels around the house to punish her.

So... a cruise. I want every little detail please. I think my partner wants to book one. Our woofer is getting on a bit now. I keep reminding myself about the inevitable because I know I'm going to be very upset. I won't be going anywhere before he goes, though. It's been so long, though, I'm very nervous at the thought of going on holiday.

You could try home boarding him? Unless he is very old, of course.

I've cruised many times, AND mostly on my own. Full of trepidation on the first ever trip (Cunard), but boy was I hooked after that. The ship is your 'home', and after a day's sightseeing, so nice to come back to a bit of luxury, followed by nothing more taxing than deciding what to wear and what to have for dinner - cooked by someone else. Bliss !

Incidentally, don't be stung by the huge added on tipping bill at the end of the voyage to your on board account. A day or two into your journey go to the Pursers Office and have it taken off, saying you will make your own gratuity arrangements. That way your favours go to those who have given you great service.

Thanks Brissels. Any more tips gratefully received as we don't know what to expect. We are arranging our own trips though ("We" ha ha, Mr CC is in his element trying to save money by doing it ourselves). I always prefer to tip where it's due rather than have a general charge added to bills. I think Mr CC has booked a drinks package - maybe I'd better warn the ship :mysmilie_17: :glass::glass::glass::glass::glass:

My husband is a part time taxi driver. He`s 67 and doesn`t think of himself as an OAP and likes to see people our age group look fashionable but dignified. Men as well as women.
Anyway he came home yesterday laughing his socks off. He`d collected 2 ladies in his cab and they were off out for a meal to celebrate one of the ladies 76th birthday.
He said the birthday girl (aged 76) got into his taxi and was wearing a bright red basque, pleather tight fitting trousers and bright red stiletto heeled ankle boots, plus she had pink streaks in her silver grey hair and tats across her chest and up her arms. He said her mate was dressed pretty similar.
They told him they were going for a meal and then would hit the town centre clubs for drinks and a dance. He said he didn`t know whether to admire their guts not to mention their stamina or to shake his head in disbelief. All I can say is my grand daughters would disown me if/when I reach 76 and wanted to do the same !

OMG!!!! My mother is 76 and has just had hysterics reading this!!! And yes I would definitely be disown her if she went out dressed like that!!!!

Latest posts

Back