Nina Leonard Hour - Not Fair on Model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

candycane

Registered Shopper
Just seen a dress which is quite short being worn by two models. One's really skinny and one isn't. So the skinny girl gets to wear the black dress and the bigger girl gets a peachy colour that points out the fact that she is wearing a big bra and pants. Why not put the larger size model in the black??? It's Sophia and as usual she is smiling away and looking awful (awful in the clothes not in herself, not her fault at all). Why do they do it? It's making me quite cross at the moment as it's almost like they are trying to make her look ridiculous.

CC

The blush cropped trousers with the short top just take the biscuit but at least we can see how they'll look on us if we don't have ultra slim legs. I predict zero sales.

CC

Have to agree CC, Sophie is a very pretty lady, but I imagine she's aware of her shortcomings like the rest of us, so to humiliate her in the way the stylists dress and send her on the catwalk is ****** shameful. Clearly she's contracted and knows the system, but you'd have to have skin as tough as a rhino not to feel ridiculous - particularly showing her in those godawful blush crops where there is no escape from showing off huge thighs and everything else in the absence of a long tunic.

If QVC profits are down, then little wonder, when we are shown garments we wouldn't be seen dead in - if we looked like that.

Just seen a dress which is quite short being worn by two models. One's really skinny and one isn't. So the skinny girl gets to wear the black dress and the bigger girl gets a peachy colour that points out the fact that she is wearing a big bra and pants. Why not put the larger size model in the black??? It's Sophia and as usual she is smiling away and looking awful (awful in the clothes not in herself, not her fault at all). Why do they do it? It's making me quite cross at the moment as it's almost like they are trying to make her look ridiculous.

CC

Link? Please?

The dress would possibly be a bit better in a different colour but the crops would be awful on anyone. Far too thin and no one and I mean no one looks acceptable in germolene ointment coloured leggings.

Those trousers are the exact same colour as pork sausage skins and sadly the poor model`s legs make them look more so. Whoever dressed that girl in those awful trousers needs shooting. I know they have to show items on various shapes and sizes of people but at least they should dress them in appropriate sizes and colours which look the best for them.

Those trousers are the exact same colour as pork sausage skins and sadly the poor model`s legs make them look more so. Whoever dressed that girl in those awful trousers needs shooting. I know they have to show items on various shapes and sizes of people but at least they should dress them in appropriate sizes and colours which look the best for them.

I think there's a thin & quite spiteful person who works behind the scenes, probably wanted to be a MODELLL herself, & she deliberately chooses the worst garments.

The dress would possibly be a bit better in a different colour but the crops would be awful on anyone. Far too thin and no one and I mean no one looks acceptable in germolene ointment coloured leggings.

I describe wishy-washy coral/peach/pink as Germolene. I haven't used the stuff since it was changed from ointment to cream & stopped being pink. I also have a description for all things in the mustard range but as it's just after breakfast I'll keep quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just this second reading a craft magazine where they are using avocado pear skin and pip to dye fabric blush pink. Funny as I thought it would have been green and need something like beetroot peelings for pink but obviously it’s not the outer colour that matters.

I think there's a thin & quite spiteful person who works behind the scenes, probably wanted to be a MODELLL herself, & she deliberately chooses the worst garments.

I describe wishy-washy coral/peach/pink as Germolene. I haven't used the stuff since it was changed from ointment to cream & stopped being pink. I also have a description for all things in the mustard range but as it's just after breakfast I'll keep quiet.

The trousers are pretty bad. It's probably a case of whatever sizes/colours backstage have been given as samples though, that determines what colours the model wears.
That awful dress is the OTO today!
Love the smell of Germolene. Might get some for my doggies (clean) flaky bottom - stop him licking the dry bits, hopefully.

I’ve seen some dreadful fashion offerings on QVC but those blush cropped trousers take the biscuit. They reminded me of a picture (photo shopped) on the internet that showed a woman who appeared to have forgotten to wear anything on her lower half but was actually wearing flesh coloured leggings.

I’ve seen some dreadful fashion offerings on QVC but those blush cropped trousers take the biscuit. They reminded me of a picture (photo shopped) on the internet that showed a woman who appeared to have forgotten to wear anything on her lower half but was actually wearing flesh coloured leggings.

Photo Shopped?

This reminded me of something I once saw whilst stuck in traffic one day. Up ahead in the distance I saw a rather large woman, who appeared to be wearing nothing on her lower half.
As we drew nearer to her, I could see she was wearing sausage skin coloured leggings, they wear stretched so tight they may as well have been sausage skins.
How can someone even think to buy such things, let alone wear them walking along the busy main road.

I stopped a young girl and her boyfriend who'd walked past me then walked back to nicely explain to her that her black leggings were see-through in the sun and got told to f-off by both of them. :mysmilie_11:

It IS true that no good deed goes unpunished.

God yes!! Where I used to live there was a woman with a big backside that wore these flesh coloured leggings. Every time I saw her I nearly crashed my car as it looked like she was naked halfway down :mysmilie_17: She never wore a long top either so said big bottom was on full display. It was like two elephants doing the rhumba when she walked.

CC

I know I’m the wrong shape for leggings but in my defence I only wear them with long tunics really more as very thick stockings and always black or dark navy.

I once bought a pair of pale pink summer trousers (not tight)but they never got further than the garden.

I stopped a young girl and her boyfriend who'd walked past me then walked back to nicely explain to her that her black leggings were see-through in the sun and got told to f-off by both of them. :mysmilie_11:

It IS true that no good deed goes unpunished.

I noticed the word 'young', and I think that's most of the problem. These days - well for the past 20 years actually, the past couple of generations have little idea about 'looking nice' anymore. They clearly don't look in a mirror before going out, and have an attitude of "its YOUR problem, not mine if you don't like how I look", so the days of "does my bum look big in this" has long gone, because they couldn't give a toss if it does !

If I didn't look up to scratch when going out, my Mum (and Dad) would say "are you really going out looking like that ?", and yes I did rebel when it came to the mini in the 60's, but we at least wore girdles and shapewear so we didn't have a big ...rse on view ! and of course we lived in times when obesity wasn't exactly headline news.

Sausage skin coloured leggings that are too tight & show everything just demonstrate confidence & a positive body image. This is to be embraced & never condemned because we are all beautiful. Who am I kidding?

Sausage skin coloured leggings that are too tight & show everything just demonstrate confidence & a positive body image. This is to be embraced & never condemned because we are all beautiful. Who am I kidding?

Will that be teamed with the crop top that shows the hanging out stomach? Seen so many young women doing that with a big "so what" attitude. By all means wear what you want but lordy . . .

Latest posts

Back