Instagram & Influencers - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The world has gone bloody barmy, where we have people prostituting themselves to sell a few products - only these days its called 'influencing'.

QVC clearly haven't got a clue as to their viewing audience, only who they want to target - the young, who are joined at the hip with their phones. Ok its the way of the world, but incessant plugging of social media, wanting everyone to wear denim jackets and white plimsolls, or slashed to the thigh maxi dresses, is not the demographic who are slumped in the chair with tea and 3 donuts in front of them, and a copy of Womens Weekly to fan away the menopausal flushes !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    The world has gone bloody barmy, where we have people prostituting themselves to sell a few products - only these days its called 'influencing'.

QVC clearly haven't got a clue as to their viewing audience, only who they want to target - the young, who are joined at the hip with their phones. Ok its the way of the world, but incessant plugging of social media, wanting everyone to wear denim jackets and white plimsolls, or slashed to the thigh maxi dresses, is not the demographic who are slumped in the chair with tea and 3 donuts in front of them, and a copy of Womens Weekly to fan away the menopausal flushes !!!
    What an excellent post.

CC
    Thanks brissles thanked for this post
    Likes Twilight , alter ego , donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post

Too right, Katie Pemberton said the TSV sandals are perfect for wearing to a garden party. I've been to parties in gardens but never a GARDEN PARTY.

Post Thanks / Like

No one goes to garden parties unless you're the queen or invited by the queen. Actually, I think my gran WAS invited to Holyrood Palace by the queen (don't know why unless very old). There's a picture of her with my mum at Holyrood so it must be true. I've never been to one in my life except my own.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Too right, Katie Pemberton said the TSV sandals are perfect for wearing to a garden party. I've been to parties in gardens but never a GARDEN PARTY.
    I thought they looked uncomfortable, particularly when the model bent her foot and the clumpy heel was flapping about. I think I've reached the age where unless the footbed is either cushion sole or Vionic then its a no no. (and this is me who worked all day for years in 3" stilettos)
    Likes Evie , SisterBliss, donna255 liked this post