Oh no Kathy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps the stoilists have given up on her. She never gets trouser/leggings length right. Like so many women who think a garment looks ok on them because its the right size.

My big bugbear is seeing ladies (and men) with jackets that have the sleeve midway down the palm of their hand. It may fit everywhere else, but manufactured clothing do not account for varying arm lengths, so need an alteration. Its not expensive to get cuffs shortened and the look of the garment is transformed. So many ladies on the tele get this badly wrong. Once saw Judy Finnegan look a ****** sight in this way, when a few inches off the sleeve would have made all the difference.

Men in their wedding suits (or sometimes any suit) also haven't a clue. I say this because I did a spell working in a mens outfitters, and would always recommend the sleeve be shortened to show about an inch of shirt cuff below. Just watch anything with Frank Sinatra or most American men in evening suit, and there is always a flash of shirt cuff showing. But British men ? need lessons in how to dress.

So agree about cuffs.

I wouldn’t buy anything which didn’t fit or couldn’t be altered in the sleeves.

When he was working Mr L wore a good suit everyday and although he had difficulty getting off the peg fit luckily the one area he never had trouble with was the sleeves and they always looked good with a well iron3d shirt. Unfortunately jumpers don’t fit the same and Tshirts are far too long in the body so every TS costs a fair bit more when each one needs altering.

Perhaps the stoilists have given up on her. She never gets trouser/leggings length right. Like so many women who think a garment looks ok on them because its the right size.

My big bugbear is seeing ladies (and men) with jackets that have the sleeve midway down the palm of their hand. It may fit everywhere else, but manufactured clothing do not account for varying arm lengths, so need an alteration. Its not expensive to get cuffs shortened and the look of the garment is transformed. So many ladies on the tele get this badly wrong. Once saw Judy Finnegan look a ****** sight in this way, when a few inches off the sleeve would have made all the difference.

Men in their wedding suits (or sometimes any suit) also haven't a clue. I say this because I did a spell working in a mens outfitters, and would always recommend the sleeve be shortened to show about an inch of shirt cuff below. Just watch anything with Frank Sinatra or most American men in evening suit, and there is always a flash of shirt cuff showing. But British men ? need lessons in how to dress.

That flash of shirt cuff is a fantastic look, I love cufflinks & seeing James Bond shooting his cuffs.

Personally I don't think there is anything sexier than wrapping your arms around a mans chest, underneath his jacket - even more of a turn-on if its a tux !!:whew: and even better if he's around 6' !!

Maybe KT had Trinny style her. I notice she's a fan of the wide-leg trouser that's a foot too long.

Personally I don't think there is anything sexier than wrapping your arms around a mans chest, underneath his jacket - even more of a turn-on if its a tux !!:whew: and even better if he's around 6' !!

What a delicious image.

Mr L wore a suit every-work day for 40+ years and always felt comfortable. Retired a year ago and of course the suits were redundant until the other week when he had to go to a funeral and dragged it out. Surprisingly he said the felt uncomfortable and was glad to get out of it.

It amuses me watching the soaps, when a character is going through a bad time...usually the women... they always wear tops with sleeves so long they hang over their hands.
It's like they keep those tops only for those times :mysmilie_486:

My most hated fashion at the moment is men with half mast trousers and no socks.

:mysmilie_504:

It amuses me watching the soaps, when a character is going through a bad time...usually the women... they always wear tops with sleeves so long they hang over their hands.
It's like they keep those tops only for those times :mysmilie_486:

My most hated fashion at the moment is men with half mast trousers and no socks.

More evidence that they haven't a clue in what looks good - OR what's attractive to women, and a football shirt covering a beer belly is the absolute pits. AND (oh God I've started now) just look at the same obese chap wearing trainers, and more than likely he is standing on the outside of his foot - they cant even stand properly.

Once upon a time if it was known you were going to appear on the tele, then it was a quick trip to the shops to get something posh and decent to wear. NOT ANY MORE ! both sexes, particularly on quiz shows look like they've dressed in the dark or from the charity shop. Faded polo shirts, frocks that are a size too small are the order of the day.

Considering you are likely to be seen by millions I find that strange there is a nonchalance attitude to not looking one's best, yet if an invite came to a Royal Garden Party where the company would be a couple of thousand, then its best bib and tucker and new hats !

More evidence that they haven't a clue in what looks good - OR what's attractive to women, and a football shirt covering a beer belly is the absolute pits. AND (oh God I've started now) just look at the same obese chap wearing trainers, and more than likely he is standing on the outside of his foot - they cant even stand properly.

Once upon a time if it was known you were going to appear on the tele, then it was a quick trip to the shops to get something posh and decent to wear. NOT ANY MORE ! both sexes, particularly on quiz shows look like they've dressed in the dark or from the charity shop. Faded polo shirts, frocks that are a size too small are the order of the day.

Considering you are likely to be seen by millions I find that strange there is a nonchalance attitude to not looking one's best, yet if an invite came to a Royal Garden Party where the company would be a couple of thousand, then its best bib and tucker and new hats !

Sports shirts should only be worn by those playing sports. My Mr T is a lovely man & doesn't look 60. He's what my mum called wiry & is a runner & a climber. He also loves our football club & every season buys the home & away shirts. I DETEST THEM. He does wear them but always with a plain fleece & a jacket over the top, this is alright because sitting on a cold plastic seat in Lancashire for the best part of two hours means you're so numb the thought of taking off your layers doesn't enter your head.

Unfortunately with UK males the less likely he is to participate in sport the more likely he is to wear sports gear. I just don’t get it.

Pet hate for me are females wearing polo shirts I don’t like them at all but particularly on ladies.

Ladies Day at the races. Why do the women that dress as far from ladylike as possible moan at being slated in the press? Surely dressing like some of them do, they should expect negative comments? Why do they turn up in outfits that breach the dress code of these events. It's a bit like the attention seeking woman that wears white lace to another woman's wedding.

Believe it or not I'm a feminist and think that women should be able to wear whatever they like. I get angry when I hear that women are forced to wear high heels or skirts at work, but also get annoyed with women who wear black bras under white shirts (recently in the press). FFS really? Can't these women use a bit of common sense? It's a uniform! Stop bleating about men being able to wear whatever underwear they want and just be professional. If I had to look at a supposedly professionally dressed bloke with trousers round his arse, flashing his Calvins or whatever youngsters flash deliberately these days, I'd get annoyed at that, too.

When some women moan about something as trivial as that it takes us all back years. I would rather they campaign for trousers and flat shoes that wouldn't hamper in an emergency like a tight skirt and high heels.

I was always a rule-breaker and would rather have not turned up to events that had a dress code, but if I had to attend I wouldn't make myself look like an idiot by being my usual 'rebellious' self. Same with uniforms. In the one job I had to wear a uniform I wouldn't have dreamt of wearing one of my more flamboyantly coloured or lace-therefore-a-bit-see-through bras under a white shirt. Though I was the first both at that place of work and school to wear trousers. Caused a bit of a kerfuffle but not in an attention-seeking way and persuading the people in charge that trousers are more practical was easy in the end (the headmaster was fed up with complaints about girls turning up in pelmet-length skirts and the boss was fed up with his wife moaning about the cost of tights so saw one of my points).

Ladies Day at the Races - Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. I used to go with my friend to Musselburgh where the "ladies" are quite tame compared to what you see in some of the papers lol. However, why would you wear a dress where your breasts hang out? A dress 3 sizes too small that squeezes all your dyed orange flab out the sides? A dress that shows your pants (or lack of them)? A dress so ridiculous it makes all around you stand there with their mouth hanging open? Sorry younger ladies but you're the worst offenders. I know people might look at me and think WTF? but at least I'm decent (albeit with a hat that makes me look a fright lol) and I always take spare (flat) shoes and if I do fall over due to excessive prosecco at least my hooot n annie isn't going to be all over the Daily Mail :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

CC

I thought it funny that the newspaper coverage of the last big race showed at least a dozen young laddetts all wearing the exact same dress and wondered how more than one person thought they looked good in it. I know I sound a fuddy duddy but I’ve seen ladies in Amsterdam and Berlin selling their wares looking classier than those at ladies day.

CC - I believe 'Ladies Day at the Races' peeps use the same mirrors as the QVC stylists and presenters .. lol

Ladies Day at the Races - Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. I used to go with my friend to Musselburgh where the "ladies" are quite tame compared to what you see in some of the papers lol. However, why would you wear a dress where your breasts hang out? A dress 3 sizes too small that squeezes all your dyed orange flab out the sides? A dress that shows your pants (or lack of them)? A dress so ridiculous it makes all around you stand there with their mouth hanging open? Sorry younger ladies but you're the worst offenders. I know people might look at me and think WTF? but at least I'm decent (albeit with a hat that makes me look a fright lol) and I always take spare (flat) shoes and if I do fall over due to excessive prosecco at least my hooot n annie isn't going to be all over the Daily Mail :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

CC

Your post also applies to weddings too ! I would have thought that with the recent flux of royal brides wearing elegant, sophisticated and demure dresses, we would see the end of strapless bridal and bridesmaids frocks with acres of flesh over spilling, and no-one having the guts to say "what ARE you thinking ?" But no, we are still confronted with young women with huge busts and flabby arms continually hoicking up their strapless dresses every 5 minutes.

I've travelled to more than a few placed around the world in my time, and yep, we consume more alcohol, have more tattoos, and are amongst the worst dressed on the planet. The smartest dressed for me ? the Japanese.

Latest posts

Back