Is it just me who’s completely bored

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
With all the offerings these days? Especially the TSVs.
Have to admit 🤭 that I used to buy too much really, mostly beauty & jewellery back in the day when they sold really tempting gem set silver or gold. But I’ve hardly bought anything since Christmas, not even tempted

Yep it`s all boring, overpriced, same old same old. Awful fashion, too much beauty stuff, cheap looking poor quality jewellery, high p and p, obnoxious presenters and nobody at Q seems to give a damned.

Since my watching of QVC consists of flicking over in ad breaks from other things I am watching and moving quickly on up and down the music channels I actually have no idea.:mysmilie_17:

But the above habit must mean I have very very very little interest in the usual boring stuff they now sell. Now last week I did get a survey from QVC about the stuff they sell. My usual too expensive, boring and postage were my comments.

Strangely I have one from Liz Earle today asking about what would make me shop more directly with them? Free postage on all orders and collections with no C&P in them.

I did like the look of the Mark Fisher sandals on the tsv but I now need an 8'5 or even a size 9 to be comfortable, and despite the "try them at home for 30 days" mantra, I would know immediately if they had to be returned..and it's just so flipping expensive to keep wasting money like that on return postage.

Yep it`s all boring, overpriced, same old same old. Awful fashion, too much beauty stuff, cheap looking poor quality jewellery, high p and p, obnoxious presenters and nobody at Q seems to give a damned.

Couldn't have said it better myself Vienna,spot on.

Every time I turn on it's ****** Skechers and the lovely Vonda. I have some and I don't need or want any more no matter how many times they are on the TV. QVC has become boring, they need to pep it up a bit with some exciting products and less of the social media rollocks that seems to take over every show. Some of us don't actually do it!

CC

QVC is stale now, the same as anything would be if it stayed exactly the same for 26 years. The brands are getting less and less meaning they’ve only got the same handful of brands to fill in those hours, yes I agree boring and repetitive.

QVC is stale now, the same as anything would be if it stayed exactly the same for 26 years. The brands are getting less and less meaning they’ve only got the same handful of brands to fill in those hours, yes I agree boring and repetitive.

Could not agree more, once upon a time I could buy something every week and would sit up for a tsv launch, now I watch very rarely, it's good for insomnia! the last time I ordered anything they could not find my account details as I hadn't ordered for such a long time.

When you look at the TV schedule it's so predictable

Beyond awful. I’ve gone from several purchases a week to 2 a year! No interest in beauty, sketchers, Dyson so that leaves eek and fashion.

Got enough eek and need to try on clothes in a shop so those are out.

When you weigh up the shows you might have a smidgen of interest in against the awful presenters/BA there is nothing that would entice me to sit through a show.

Have just checked out the latest offerings from new to the Q Monsoon.
Well don’t know if it’s the especially just for Q, cause I’ve looked at Monsoon in the past and didn’t think they were that bad.

:mysmilie_490:

I also think apathy has set in with the presenters. I mean, look how Chloe Everton continues to act the goat when she's on - more than ever now. Clearly no-one in authority is that bothered or she would pack it in. Also is it holiday season? Franks hasn't been on for a long time, or Katy or Anne.

The products are samey-samey, the prices + p&p are ridiculous & the sales staff are unprofessional - with a number of them seeing themselves as celebs. However, it's good for a laugh, has introduced me to this forum & I see it as harmless because there's very little sold that I want & even less that I'm tempted to buy. I like to think that I've got life in balance & only care about the important aspects so these silly people who put so much of their lives on social media, make fools of themselves when they're at work & generally have delusions of grandeur amuse me. Add to that when I see something I do like I go to eBay & frequently see it on there at a bargain price.

Ah eBay! I got a fantastic Links oL bracelet retailing at over ÂŁ200 for an absolute bargain the other day.

It’s a little too big but even going to a jeweller to have a link removed I’m still over £100 quid in. As it was I had a silver clip thingy which I used to tighten it up as a stopgap and may never have to do anything unless this clip breaks.

Why would you even look at the shoddy offerings of “especially for Q” when you can hunt out better quality items for the same or, more often that not,less and you have the thrill of the chase and the seller doesn’t tell you about her sodding wedding/holidays/grandkids. Win win in my books.

Aha, I just bought a Nina Leonard maxi dress on ebay for a fiver, last year's model, and I also sold one that I no longer wanted for double that. Bargains to be had. You don't get to have a good laugh at DF's outfits though, that's the downside of ebay.

CC

And of course we wouldn't hear the intelligent spiel of Alison "I'm a jewellery designer you know" O'Reilly who knows all there is to know about precious gems, oh sorry diamoneeek.

I have not watched more than 5 minutes in the last couple of years. Only made a couple of purchases too.

And of course we wouldn't hear the intelligent spiel of Alison "I'm a jewellery designer you know" O'Reilly who knows all there is to know about precious gems, oh sorry diamoneeek.

And what about I am Alison Young your qualified beauty expert. Who introduces themselves like that? I am Ms Hermes your qualified parcel deliverer, I am Dr ........ your qualified GP........
I agree with Twilight, they are worth watching for a few minutes just for the comedy value. So many of them are a joke.
The embarrassing showing off, the girly voices, the model like poses and admiring looks at their image on the monitors, the promoting of books, that if it wasn’t for the QVC platform, no one would buy, the promotion of businesses and relatives’ businesses. It has become a comedy. QVC will one day realise that many viewers watch it for a laugh and are not buying.

Latest posts

Back