Feet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
You can tell the warm weather has arrived by the amount of 'feet' that are only display, with the modelling of open toed footwear by all the brands.

Well, I for one cant bear it ! Rarely are there any feet worth looking it, but Lord preserve us from the godawful specimens belonging to the models that we have to endure.

Bony and misshapen toes, pale blue nail polish, bluey white skin, its all there in glorious technicolour. The prize for the worst must go to Frankie who has claw like feet and a complete turn off for me.

The competition (IW) are no better, with the mature models showing off their bunions and turned in big toes. Noooooo, not something I want to see when eating my dinner thanks very much.

Even the most famous A listers on the red carpet have awful feet, with toes hanging over the front sole of the sandal. Mostly they get everything else right, but get it so wrong with their bony toes.

I have cute feet that I'm obsessed with. They look quite pretty when I make time and effort to polish my nails.

I do, however, suffer with fast-growing hard skin under them. I've tried every file known to woman over the years and nearly fainted with joy when I found the amazing combination of one of those skin slicers followed by a Microplane. Hard skin gone in seconds!

I still couldn't resist trying one of those battery operated Scholl files - and have to say that I find it wonderful. It takes a lot longer than my old faves but the result lasts at least a month. Using metal tools, I was filing every week as the skin seemed to grow harder and faster.

I gave up on creams a long time ago as they never penetrated the hard skin let alone softened it. I do enjoy a good foot rub, though, and OH doesn't mind so much since I discovered the Scholl as the skin is more "normal, not hoofy" (his words).

I do understand your revulsion, Brissles. Some of them are pretty ugly. I have a friend who refuses to wear sandals as she finds her own feet revolting. I was quite upset when she said mine were horrible but I suppose beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

You must watch the Toe Bro on Lifetime Thursday night.

If you thought Doctor Pimple Popper was gross the Toe Bro knocks it out of the park.

He does ingrown toenails, fungal infections, warts the lot.:mysmilie_19: In between ripping the nails out treating the rest, he does how to look after your feet properly for healthy feet.

You can tell the warm weather has arrived by the amount of 'feet' that are only display, with the modelling of open toed footwear by all the brands.

Well, I for one cant bear it ! Rarely are there any feet worth looking it, but Lord preserve us from the godawful specimens belonging to the models that we have to endure.

Bony and misshapen toes, pale blue nail polish, bluey white skin, its all there in glorious technicolour. The prize for the worst must go to Frankie who has claw like feet and a complete turn off for me.

The competition (IW) are no better, with the mature models showing off their bunions and turned in big toes. Noooooo, not something I want to see when eating my dinner thanks very much.

Even the most famous A listers on the red carpet have awful feet, with toes hanging over the front sole of the sandal. Mostly they get everything else right, but get it so wrong with their bony toes.

I have always hated feet since I was a toddler- the only feet I find cute are baby feet! I do agree, some of the models AND presenters feet are gross & I don't understand why they get them out to be honest. Just whilst we are talking about body parts we hate, I hate knees too! I think they just look weird?? (especially saggy ones)

If you thought Doctor Pimple Popper was gross the Toe Bro knocks it out of the park.

He does ingrown toenails, fungal infections, warts the lot.:mysmilie_19: In between ripping the nails out treating the rest, he does how to look after your feet properly for healthy feet.

Thanks for the rec. I'll watch that with interest. Dr PP is a bit tame for me :mysmilie_13:

I've been watching the Meticulous Manicurist on YouTube. The way she digs around makes me cringe so I'm sure Toe Bro will be right up my street.

I have always hated feet since I was a toddler- the only feet I find cute are baby feet! I do agree, some of the models AND presenters feet are gross & I don't understand why they get them out to be honest. Just whilst we are talking about body parts we hate, I hate knees too! I think they just look weird?? (especially saggy ones)

I'm exactly the same. Baby feet are gorgeous & I also love cat feet, except for their cruel claws.

I remember Pedikur being sold on the Q, for those who aren't aware of this product it's a liquid that 'melts away' hard skin. It's applied by covering the feet in cotton wool pads that have been soaked in the liquid & then wrapping them in plastic wrap - how environmentally friendly. After a period of time the feet are unwrapped & the soggy skin is scrapped off with a plastic tool. All this was done in close up shots. Revolting.

I remember Pedikur being sold on the Q, for those who aren't aware of this product it's a liquid that 'melts away' hard skin. It's applied by covering the feet in cotton wool pads that have been soaked in the liquid & then wrapping them in plastic wrap - how environmentally friendly. After a period of time the feet are unwrapped & the soggy skin is scrapped off with a plastic tool. All this was done in close up shots. Revolting.

I tried it. It failed miserably with my poor hooves. I was so looking forward to scraping off the grunge, too.

Feet are gross, nobpdy has nice feet. They just have slightly more tolerable feet than most. Foot festich people....weird. Watching women undress, but asking to see their feet instead of anything else....so I have heard!

I have cute feet that I'm obsessed with. They look quite pretty when I make time and effort to polish my nails.

I do, however, suffer with fast-growing hard skin under them. I've tried every file known to woman over the years and nearly fainted with joy when I found the amazing combination of one of those skin slicers followed by a Microplane. Hard skin gone in seconds!

I still couldn't resist trying one of those battery operated Scholl files - and have to say that I find it wonderful. It takes a lot longer than my old faves but the result lasts at least a month. Using metal tools, I was filing every week as the skin seemed to grow harder and faster.

I gave up on creams a long time ago as they never penetrated the hard skin let alone softened it. I do enjoy a good foot rub, though, and OH doesn't mind so much since I discovered the Scholl as the skin is more "normal, not hoofy" (his words).

I do understand your revulsion, Brissles. Some of them are pretty ugly. I have a friend who refuses to wear sandals as she finds her own feet revolting. I was quite upset when she said mine were horrible but I suppose beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

Flexitol is fabulous, emollient texture, you don’t need loads be warned. Use as a maintenance treatment with pedicure socks when you go to bed. Can’t recommend it enough. They’ve brought out hand treatments too. Vitamin deficiencies and thyroid issues can cause very dry skin on feet, just a thought.

Oh, I remember Pedikur and even bought it. A friend borrowed it(well asked if she could have it), for her husband's feet as he had really bad hard skin because he was standing all day in his job. They thought it was brilliant stuff. I never really had much hard skin for it to work on.

I have to go to a podiatrist once a year and get told I have great feet and keep doing whatever I am doing with them. I put this down to my Mum making me wear sensible shoes as a child.

My partner has lovely feet. The toes are all straight and spaced out. He never wears sandals so they are white without a blemish. However he got the dreaded nail fungus and I have spent the last 2 years getting rid of the problem. Almost there now. I managed to catch it off him but have sorted mine out now. I have hammer toes - not fair

My husband reckons I could give a Hobbit a run for his money when it comes to feet, pardon the pun. There is no justice in this World because I actually look after my feet but they aren`t the least attractive, big, long and not at all dainty and with big toes. I keep the dry skin at bay, trim my nails, cream my feet daily but only a magic wand could make them look pretty.
My late first hubby had gorgeous feet, smooth, cute toes and yet he spent years wearing steel toecap boots and working outdoors. I used to tell him that he had the feet I should have had. Consequently I really dislike wearing sandals but hey ho, such is life, we can`t have it all and as my sister once said to me, she got the cute feet but I got the long legs.

Best thing I’ve found for hard skin is Margaret Dabbs foot file and Heel Chemistry foot cream (by Decium), used daily for 1-2 weeks. I’ve tried loads of brands over the years, but 6his has given me the best results and then maintain by filing and creaming weekly.
My husband too has the dreaded fungal nail infections, his nails look like hooves, and yes he’s passed it onto me too. We’ve tried most remedies on the market to no avail. We are now using a laser treatment device and are beginning to see some improvement. It really is difficult to get rid of once it gets a hold.

My feet aren't too bad (not that I spend time admiring them) except for the big toe on my right foot. I've broken it twice which means it's not as straight as it was and there is a bump on the top where the bones 'mended' badly. Fortunately dry skin isn't really a problem .... at the moment anyway.

I do paint my toe nails, once the sandal season starts, but only in one colour. The trend I could never bother with is a French manicure on them, which I've seen on some models. It'd be too much of a faff for me.

I inherited my dad's knobbly knees.

Where can I find this programme? Is it U tube? I am obsessed with pimple popper type vids....my dream job.
I'm fine with all kinds of disgusting body matter except anything out of noses/teeth/ears

Where can I find this programme? Is it U tube? I am obsessed with pimple popper type vids....my dream job.
I'm fine with all kinds of disgusting body matter except anything out of noses/teeth/ears

Good grief, I can't believe I've just read that. Body matter should stay inside &, if it has to come out, it should do it in private. Yuck, yuck & more yuck.

Okay, sorry it is actually the TLC Channel Thursday night at 9 pm.

No idea if any of it is up on youtube. Dr.Sandra Lee has her own youtube channel I think you have to subscribe to see the full videos?

This all started as a child watching open heart operations on Your Life In Their Hands my Mum watched so, did I.

Watched life autopsies as on TV very interesting.