Received used item query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I want to return a pair of shoes that have been worn, albeit gently. They definitely have wear and not just trying on scuffs.

Plus I know for sure they're a return as there's a returns slip from the previous person inside one of them!

I rang Q to tell them I'd had someone else's return and they've said if I keep them they'll refund the postage I paid.

Not really acceptable as free postage on second-hand goods isn't exactly the offer of the decade.

I'd normally not bother and would keep something with a small bit of wear as I don't like waste, but I won't try on shoes without pop socks on and as they're sandals and would need to be worn barefoot (unless I'm really going for the socks and sandal look I've seen in magazines, which is not me, sadly), I'm a bit :puke: at the thought. I can see indentations where the previous owner has had their feet in them, too. Faintly, but they're there. As much as I'm enjoying Toe Bro (thanks, Donna :mysmilie_59:), I can't stand the thought of picking up someone else's fungal infection or, worse, wart!

After I got off the phone the penny dropped. They're arranging pick up and a refund, but can I ask for a refund of the original postage paid, too?

Thanks.

Oh yes most definitely ask for the refund of postage you paid for used shoes to be sent to you.

Thanks, Dream Girl.

I've got a nasty feeling I'll have to argue because I refused the cost off as an "incentive" :mysmilie_19:to keep them.

I can't believe they only offered you the postage back. I had to reread because I assumed they said keep them and we will refund you the total cost! What a cheek to expect you to pay full price for scuffed shoes, and yes, they must definitely pay your postage costs as well. Oh, I'm quite annoyed now! If you need to ring and confirm this beforehand, my own tactic would be to say I am ringing to double check my refund will be £X plus £Y postage, a total of £Z. I wouldn't ask them to refund the postage, just speak as if that is only what should be expected.

The fact that you can see indentations where someone’s feet have rested is proof enough that they were not just tried on. They have clearly been worn and QVC should not be selling them as new. When they encourage us to try for 30 days they don’t add that they will be resold. An article of clothing that has quickly been tried on is one thing. If it has indentations or bodily odours don’t resell it to your customers. QVC don’t take us for fools. I only buy if an item is new in stock and even then I am cautious.

Never keep used goods, that’s what charity shops are for. This annoys me that the returns still aren’t being quality controlled, just put back on the shelf for the next customer, this is the main reason I closed my account six years ago (after 20) because everything they were sending out to me were dirty and used, so after I received five used items in a row I thought right, you can bugger off, closed my account and never looked back. I channel hop now again (less and less now) to see what’s out there but find whatever I want cheaper with free postage and returns. There’s a reason QVC are now rated bad (one star) on Trustpilot.

Thanks, Dream Girl.

I've got a nasty feeling I'll have to argue because I refused the cost off as an "incentive" :mysmilie_19:to keep them.

I can’t believe they even offered the postage for you to keep a used item.
Have they now had to change their stance on we don’t send out used goods?

Thanks, Dream Girl.

I had shoes for Hubby delivered the other day, they was a slight fault and this was written on the box. So must have been a return. They were in clearance already, no visible signs of wear, just a slight fault. Hubby still wanted them. I phoned & explained & they offered me £10 credit & I asked “what about the postage” & this was refunded. So I went from annoyed at the fault to happy at the outcome. Hubby used credit on something else he needed. Still no purchase for me since November though.

I had shoes for Hubby delivered the other day, they was a slight fault and this was written on the box. So must have been a return. They were in clearance already, no visible signs of wear, just a slight fault. Hubby still wanted them. I phoned & explained & they offered me £10 credit & I asked “what about the postage” & this was refunded. So I went from annoyed at the fault to happy at the outcome. Hubby used credit on something else he needed. Still no purchase for me since November though.

So didn’t they have a perfect pair to replace them with?

I’m pleased though you and your hubby are happy with the outcome on the purchase?

But that’s cheeky in my opinion they are trying it on, they may be reduced but unless each reduced pair are faulty you are expected to have faulty shoes sent to you paying the same price as non faulty.
And thinking some fool will either except them as is cause reduced or not even notice the fault.

So didn’t they have a perfect pair to replace them with?

I’m pleased though you and your hubby are happy with the outcome on the purchase?

But that’s cheeky in my opinion they are trying it on, they may be reduced but unless each reduced pair are faulty you are expected to have faulty shoes sent to you paying the same price as non faulty.
And thinking some fool will either except them as is cause reduced or not even notice the fault.

I was going to just return them as faulty, my Hubby said if you can get a further reduction,(as they were reduced to a good price in the clearance already),then he would keep them. So I tried & he was happy with the outcome. There were no replacements available. The CS advisor said she was surprised they had been sent out as the fault was clearly written on the box. I agree entirely that they should not have been sent out at all.

I can’t believe they even offered the postage for you to keep a used item.
Have they now had to change their stance on we don’t send out used goods?

I posted for the query and also to let people know that they ARE definitely sending out used stock. Even if they were perfect the returns slip inside was proof that someone else had tried them - which I don't mind in theory. When I try clothes on in store I expect that others have already tried them on before me. What I don't expect is an item to have been used then re-sold as new. Very annoying.

I couldn't believe that all they were willing to offer was the original postage off either. They must know that they'll be able to send them out again as it was a colour that sold out quickly and a size 6 which is always popular (or a coincidence as I can never find bargains in that size).

My friend had a Saturday job in our local Wallis. Her job was ironing the clothes the staff had worn out the night before! She'd moan that no matter how hard she tried she wouldn't be able to get those teeny creases you get in viscose when you've sat in it and haven't washed them out.

She also had to try to use the steam from the iron to get the BO smell out of the tops the manager had been wearing :puke: As soon as she said that I realised what it was about that particular Wallis - there was always a BO type smell in the changing rooms. It was the manager!

ETA: I should have known by the state of the box inside the blue bag. It had clearly been re-taped and possibly by more than one person.

They’ve always sent out used returns from you’d barely notice to OMG! look at the state of those!! :mysmilie_10:

I've returned shoes today that were received in a damaged box with the tissue paper inside all scrunched up, although there were no marks on them. As it turned out, I didn't like them anyway. I emailed customer care and said that I was returning them under my statutory right to cancel ( notify them within 14 days of receipt and send back within 14 days of notification) and that I required a full refund of purchase cost and postage. I also wrote this on the returns slip. I received an email from them that said all costs would be refunded once the item was returned.

They’ve always sent out used returns from you’d barely notice to OMG! look at the state of those!! :mysmilie_10:

I can understand people returning as the presenters continually bang on about the wonderful 30 day MBG but if someone is returning a barely notice job it would be nice if they made an effort to pack it tidily. I've had a bag that still had the labels and was clearly unused just thrown into the box with the plastic bag I assume it originally shipped in just thrown on top along with a used tissue :puke:

I honestly don't mind having something that's been sent out before as long as it's in a new condition. If I'm returning I pack it as well as I can and make sure it can be re-sold. I'd prefer that to see things being wasted.

I object to the OMG look at the state of those items being sent out as new, though. The only time I've ever done that was with a pair of Clarks shoes that cut my feet to shreds. I'd have kept them but as more and more reviews rolled in about them cutting other peoples' feet I decided to return. It was pretty clear that the shoes were faulty so I didn't feel bad about it.

Yes alter, if you were happy with them that’s the main thing. The returns I got were definitely in the “look at the state of those!!!!” category, for example a Ninja that had dried cake mix in side and all over the blades, Yankee Candle with a tea light half burned in the glass holder and Brirkenstocks with gravel in the soles, just to name a few.

When I last visited the outlet they had better stuff than that at a quarter of the price

Yes alter, if you were happy with them that’s the main thing. The returns I got were definitely in the “look at the state of those!!!!” category, for example a Ninja that had dried cake mix in side and all over the blades, Yankee Candle with a tea light half burned in the glass holder and Brirkenstocks with gravel in the soles, just to name a few.

That's horrendous, no wonder you had enough & told them where to stick it. I've only had one problem regarding quality of goods & I'm not even sure if it was a return. I bought a dress, loved it & was about to remove the label when I saw what I thought was a loose thread. I looked more closely & found out that it was the end of a long darn, done in the exact colour as the dress, & about 30 centimetres long. I did get another dress & £25 voucher so I chalked that up as a win

That's horrendous, no wonder you had enough & told them where to stick it. I've only had one problem regarding quality of goods & I'm not even sure if it was a return. I bought a dress, loved it & was about to remove the label when I saw what I thought was a loose thread. I looked more closely & found out that it was the end of a long darn, done in the exact colour as the dress, & about 30 centimetres long. I did get another dress & £25 voucher so I chalked that up as a win

Thanks T, this is just the tip of the Gower Cottage Brownie, over the years I had more second hand goods than I did new.

No wonder Clara has taken to with Vicella Vita pants, “If your returning them girls for a refund please give then a wash before you do”
Oh yes Clara, it saves the warehouse returns department bunging them in a 30, before packaging them up to go out again.

Latest posts

Back