Today's Top Tech TSV 26/06/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Supercoolwillow, since when has Silentnight been top tech?

I don't know, but I think Q may have trouble with regard to what items fit into a particular show or category. On Extra they have had a show that has been 'billed' as tech when it was a 'Vonda hour', thought this may have been a mistake but no. Also of course in the 'tech' shows they often have items such as Vacuum cleaners and household 'gadgets', whilst I realise that there is technology within these items this is not necessarily what I think of when I think of tech. Tend to think of these shows as the 'fun tech' not the 'functional tech'!

Blink XT Indoor/Outdoor Security System Hub, 3 Cameras & Double Storage
Item Number: 519326
QVC Price £259.98
Todays Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £2.95

User Guide
FAQ's

This Blink XT security system contains three weatherproof indoor/outdoor cameras, which detect motion in your home and send HD video and audio alerts right to your smart device via Wi-Fi, and also record a short clip of the event to the Cloud. With double the Cloud storage, allowing for up to 240 minutes of recorded footage to be saved, a security sticker, and batteries that last up to two years, this wire-free security system can help protect your entire home inside and out, giving you peace of mind when you're not there.
*A great saving: if you were to buy the XT Indoor/Outdoor Security System directly from Blink you’d pay £259.99. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £199.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £57.06, plus we are also including double storage and a security sticker!

Stay in the know - have you ever wondered what's going on at your house when you're not at home? How the dog is? If that package has arrived? This affordable, easy-to-install home monitoring and video security system will send you motion-activated alerts to answer all these questions and more. What's more, you can live-stream video anytime from anywhere.

Come rain or shine - these water-resistant Blink XT cameras ensure clear, HD-quality video no matter the forecast, making this the perfect indoor/outdoor camera. Plus the built-in LED illuminator coupled with the advanced low-light performance of the built-in technology will ensure that you always receive full-colour, HD quality video, day or night.

Straight to the Cloud - because you’ll get double the amount of Cloud storage, you'll have the ability to record up to 240 minutes of video that can be easily downloaded and saved to devices. Plus, there's no need to do extra set-up work as this feature is activated automatically by Blinx XT, so it’s ready to go right out of the box.

Works with Alexa - control your Blink cameras with your voice through selected Alexa devices. You can also view and live-stream footage taken by the cameras on the Amazon Echo Show and Echo Spot devices.

Easy set up - with the ability to link to most smart devices, simply download and launch the app, then follow the instructions on your phone to get started. You can then place and move your Blink cameras anywhere, inside or outside your home, and you're ready to enjoy easy, wireless home security.

What's in the box?

3 x Blink XT cameras
3 x mounting kits (1 x per camera)
6 x AA lithium batteries (2 x per camera)
1 x Sync Module
1 x USB cable
1 x power adaptor
Protected By Blink Sticker
Quick Start Guide

Call the Blink Support team directly at 0115 838 4189, customer Support is available 24/7 and calls are free.

Visit support.blinkforhome.com to view helpful How-To videos and guides, read our FAQs, or to submit an email support ticket

Direct dispatch: please allow 5 - 7 working days to UK mainland only

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519326

I was considering this but not too sure now. This range has very mixed reviews. Reports of poor night vision, loss of connection and needing multi rebooting,unclear images, difficult to adjust sensor - either too sensitive or delayed movement activation or no activation at all, poor mounting brackets. Positive reports are it’s easy to set up and some are happy with the product.

Mr Akimbo (bless him) has a spreadsheet somewhere collating the pros and cons (for us) of various systems like this. He's been waiting for the Arlo system to become more affordable. Anyhoo I said I'd ask on here for any first-hand feedback for the Blink products. We have iphones, Android phone and Echo Show.

Anyone got any useful feedback please? TIA xx

ps thank you for your comments DD

I watched the 'launch show' (well 8am this morning actually, but that is just a 'minor detail') and Mr Hohbein was stating how he had this product for a year, I am sure it wasn't that long since he was 'spouting' on about another Amazon doorbell that he had. I did note though that Charlie (who has in the past 'raved' about the previous doorbell), was keeping rather 'quiet' during the whole presentation. The problem with both the Amazon products are that they are not really designed to work in 'thick wall' houses, whereas the more expensive products (Arlo et al), are, thus more reliable. I know the others are more expensive, but if you are going to invest, then you may invest on something that will work in the majority of UK houses. You have to remember that some of the house in this country are older than 'tea party' America, thus will struggle against 'modern' houses!

I bought the last TSV, but more as a pet cam than anything. Having house rabbits it means I can position the cameras where needed without having to worry about extension leads and chewed cables. Not had any problems with them so far.

@yorkrose26 Hohbein is known for stretching the truth to say the least. Everything he features, is the thing he uses himself and is the best thing ever!

Blink is on offat at Amazon

1 camera and hub £49.99
1 extra camera £44.99

So a 3 camera set up same as TSV £139.97 a £62.96 saving over QVC , so anyone that bought from QVC i suggest you send them back

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075RCZFWZ/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Blimey, I’m not easily shocked but that’s verging on the criminal ! I’d
be ‘gutted’ if I found out.

On the other hand they don’t actually claim to be the cheapest, it’s the implication and also their over all mantra of buying power and the V for value.

Just shows how vital it is to do your research before buying from QVC, just as you would for high st. shops and other on-line purchases.

Latest posts

Back