Tarte Cosmetics TSV 28/06/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really kind of what anyone would be expecting....
As the bag says “...never not anything different”

But the whole TSV doesn’t need revolve around a palette what about something completely different.

The palette is the same colours as always just a tiny little change in the colour which does not even look really different at all.

I lost interest in Tarte some time ago, gave away most of the palettes as it was like a time warp buying the same colours all the time. I did keep one mine one as I like the blush colour in it.

You can buy directly from the Tarte US website and they do have good sales and free shipping now and then but you still have to pay customs duty. So I think its time they actually came to the UK themselves.

Sister Bliss, to me that is a lipgloss and not a concealer.

Yes, it is.

https://tartecosmetics.com/EU/en_GB.../1285.html?cgid=makeup-lips-lip-gloss#start=6

I wouldn’t mind trying the foundation (and brush) as I’ve never had one from this brand but I’d only consider the TSV if the marginal cost to get the other bits and bobs (which I’d probably use but definitely do not need) was low. It sounds like the foundation might be a bit too matte (translated to very dry-looking and ageing on me) and I’m not sure I can face another research project working out the best shade for me either. I suppose I have a couple of weeks to think about it.

Tarte 5 Piece Effortless Essentials Make Up Collection
Item Number 239077
QVC Price £60.00
TSV Price £39.98
P&P: £1.95

Discover the five-piece Tarte Effortless Essentials make-up collection, featuring new Easy on the Eyes Eyeshadow Palette, new Big Ego Mascara, plus iconic, bestselling Amazonian Clay Foundation, a vibrant peach H20 Gloss and a buffer brush to help ensure an expert application. All housed in a gorgeous make-up bag, give your beauty stash an upgrade with this full-face Tarte set, offering everything you need to create a flawless make-up look.
Must-have make-up - this collection has everything you could need to create a gorgeous look, with products for your base, eyes and lips. Simply buff in the foundation, create a fabulous, champagne-gold eye look from the palette, slick on some mascara for bold volume and swipe on a layer of peachy lipgloss and you’re ready to face the day.

A new lash hero - boost your lash confidence with the new Big Ego Mascara. In a jet black shade, this mascara works to leave your lashes looking curled, lengthened and volumised. Plus, with a twisted double fibre bristle brush, this vegan formula certainly packs a punch.

Your perfect look - the Easy on the Eyes palette contains eight gorgeous neutral eyeshadows in a mix of matte and shimmer shades, meaning that regardless of your taste or the occasion you can create a stunning style. Experiment by blending and mixing colours to create a look that is truly personal to you.

Contains:
1 x NEW Big Ego Mascara (7ml) - working to leave your lashes looking fuller and longer, slick on this mascara to add a touch of drama to your make-up look
1 x NEW Easy on the Eyes Eyeshadow Palette (1.2g) - a collection of blendable and highly pigmented shades in Glacier (champagne shimmer), Daybreak (matte warm tan), Sunbeam (copper shimmer), Explore (matte dark brown), Dusk (matte pale pink), Earthy (rose gold shimmer), Tropical (pearl shimmer) and Crystallized (matte cream)
1 x Amazonian Clay Foundation (50ml) in a choice of Fair Sand, Light Sand, Light Medium Sand, Medium Sand, Tan Sand or Deep Sand - a long-wearing, blendable foundation with a satin-matte coverage and a lightweight texture
1 x H2O Gloss (4ml) in Sundress - a universally flattering peachy nude lipgloss shade that will add a lovely touch of shine while working to leave your lips looking hydrated
1 x buffer airbrush foundation brush - buff the Amazonian Clay Foundation into your skin with this brush to promote a flawless and even-looking complexion
1 x make-up bag - keep all your products handy in this fabulous pouch, perfect for keeping in your handbag

https://www.qvcuk.com/Tarte-5-Piece-Effortless-Essentials-Make-Up-Collection.product.239077.html

Last edited:
Sand, sand, sand, sand, sand and sand! Not everyone has a yellow base to their skintone; a couple of "neutral" options would widen its appeal. It's a good foundation if you find the right colour and Tarte offers 40 shades in this formulation. Trying the Light Neutral was a revelation after the yellow Sand version.

Sand, sand, sand, sand, sand and sand! Not everyone has a yellow base to their skintone; a couple of "neutral" options would widen its appeal. It's a good foundation if you find the right colour and Tarte offers 40 shades in this formulation. Trying the Light Neutral was a revelation after the yellow Sand version.

Are they all yellow-based though, Akimbo? I’m new to Tarte and am looking at the shades as a newcomer too. I actively seek out the yellow shades but looking at the pictures in the TSV details, the Fair Sand looks white/grey and the Light Sand looks pink, both of which I can’t stand in foundations. I’ll do the shade-finder website thing but they don’t always have the QVC brands and shades to compare with so any tips about best shades would be welcome. I can wear Fair and Light in Doll 10 Hydralux and in It Cosmetics CC+, sometimes mixing shades in some combination at different times of year. I’m wondering if Light Medium Sand would be too beige for me if the lighter two are white/pink.

Are they all yellow-based though, Akimbo? I’m new to Tarte and am looking at the shades as a newcomer too. I actively seek out the yellow shades but looking at the pictures in the TSV details, the Fair Sand looks white/grey and the Light Sand looks pink, both of which I can’t stand in foundations. I’ll do the shade-finder website thing but they don’t always have the QVC brands and shades to compare with so any tips about best shades would be welcome. I can wear Fair and Light in Doll 10 Hydralux and in It Cosmetics CC+, sometimes mixing shades in some combination at different times of year. I’m wondering if Light Medium Sand would be too beige for me if the lighter two are white/pink.

AndiK, I wear Light Sand in this foundation and it's definitely yellow-based - it's not quite Mally-yellow but vs the neutral (which definitely has a few more pinky notes) it's more yellow. I also wear Doll 10 in Light so I'm reasonably confident Light Sand in this foundation would suit your skintone. I've used Light Medium Neutral before (in the clay stick foundation) which was a teensy bit too dark but it's forgiving enough that you can blend it out.

Hope this helps!

Here's the foundation on Tarte's website with all their models' pictures in the 40 shades. I find neutral and even pinker foundations suit me better as a way to tone down my yellow skin. For years I matched my skin tone with yellow-based products but I have a hereditary liver condition that makes me faintly jaundiced-looking and I probably equate my skin looking yellow with feeling under the weather. I get more complements about my skin when I counteract the yellow. Ideally I'd use Light Neutral in the Winter and Light/Medium Neutral in the Summer with this foundation. In other ranges I'd mostly try "Fair" as a starting point, then "Light" because many "Fairs" have less yellow in them. Avon do a foundation shade "Shell" which is perfect on me. I wouldn't use one that's very pink; as though I'm wearing Calamine Lotion on my face, and curiously I still use a yellow powder (T LeClerc's Banane)and still use a yellow cream from Models Prefer to knock out any redness ( many years old but still smells fine and goes on perfectly.

I've never had a sensible foundation match at instore make up counters, though I haven't tried the Boots service (No7 products don't suit my skin). Sorry for rambling on!

Andi maybe wait to see the foundations applied on the day to see how the undertone colours translate on a face?

Here's the foundation on Tarte's website with all their models' pictures in the 40 shades. I find neutral and even pinker foundations suit me better as a way to tone down my yellow skin. For years I matched my skin tone with yellow-based products but I have a hereditary liver condition that makes me faintly jaundiced-looking and I probably equate my skin looking yellow with feeling under the weather. I get more complements about my skin when I counteract the yellow. Ideally I'd use Light Neutral in the Winter and Light/Medium Neutral in the Summer with this foundation. In other ranges I'd mostly try "Fair" as a starting point, then "Light" because many "Fairs" have less yellow in them. Avon do a foundation shade "Shell" which is perfect on me. I wouldn't use one that's very pink; as though I'm wearing Calamine Lotion on my face, and curiously I still use a yellow powder (T LeClerc's Banane)and still use a yellow cream from Models Prefer to knock out any redness ( many years old but still smells fine and goes on perfectly.

I've never had a sensible foundation match at instore make up counters, though I haven't tried the Boots service (No7 products don't suit my skin). Sorry for rambling on!

Andi maybe wait to see the foundations applied on the day to see how the undertone colours translate on a face?

Oh, I've been after a decent yellow cream (for redness) but perhaps one that isn't designed to be used under foundation & is therefore ok alone, albeit with a bit of blush. Can you recommend, or where can I get one? Do you have a link to the yellow powder - I 'd love one with no talc (& even nice ingredients if poss) ......

It is a long time since I used Tarte foundations Light Neutral was the best for me but I could wear Light Sand in the one in the TSV okay.

What I have found over the years is each brand I can be a totally different undertone.

Some I am Warm, some Neutral and some Cool. Also depends if some brands oxidize once applied. I have found this with a few think the colour is great, then over the space of say a minute or two turn orange.

Two Faced Born This Way are all very yellow based even though some shades are supposed to be more neutral. No, they are not!

Latest posts

Back