Tarte Cosmetics TSV 28/06/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you, everyone. As usual st.com comes to the rescue in a way QVC cannot.

AndiK, I wear Light Sand in this foundation and it's definitely yellow-based - it's not quite Mally-yellow but vs the neutral (which definitely has a few more pinky notes) it's more yellow. I also wear Doll 10 in Light so I'm reasonably confident Light Sand in this foundation would suit your skintone. I've used Light Medium Neutral before (in the clay stick foundation) which was a teensy bit too dark but it's forgiving enough that you can blend it out.

Hope this helps!

It does help, and thank you. I am going to concentrate on the Light Sand.

Here's the foundation on Tarte's website with all their models' pictures in the 40 shades. I find neutral and even pinker foundations suit me better as a way to tone down my yellow skin. For years I matched my skin tone with yellow-based products but I have a hereditary liver condition that makes me faintly jaundiced-looking and I probably equate my skin looking yellow with feeling under the weather. I get more complements about my skin when I counteract the yellow. Ideally I'd use Light Neutral in the Winter and Light/Medium Neutral in the Summer with this foundation. In other ranges I'd mostly try "Fair" as a starting point, then "Light" because many "Fairs" have less yellow in them. Avon do a foundation shade "Shell" which is perfect on me. I wouldn't use one that's very pink; as though I'm wearing Calamine Lotion on my face, and curiously I still use a yellow powder (T LeClerc's Banane)and still use a yellow cream from Models Prefer to knock out any redness ( many years old but still smells fine and goes on perfectly.

I've never had a sensible foundation match at instore make up counters, though I haven't tried the Boots service (No7 products don't suit my skin). Sorry for rambling on!

Andi maybe wait to see the foundations applied on the day to see how the undertone colours translate on a face?

Yes, very sensible to wait and see, I agree. I was just jumping the gun a bit as I like to have a rough idea in advance. I'm off to look at all the shades on the website you linked to.

I also know Avon's Shell, which I have had, and it's definitely too pinky for me so knowing how we differ is useful too.

It is a long time since I used Tarte foundations Light Neutral was the best for me but I could wear Light Sand in the one in the TSV okay.

What I have found over the years is each brand I can be a totally different undertone.

Some I am Warm, some Neutral and some Cool. Also depends if some brands oxidize once applied. I have found this with a few think the colour is great, then over the space of say a minute or two turn orange.

Two Faced Born This Way are all very yellow based even though some shades are supposed to be more neutral. No, they are not!

Good advice as ever.

I assume the eyeshadow palette is 1.2g per colour and not in total (which would basically mean each pan had a fine layer of coloured dust)? Or no doubt just another QVC website c0ck-up.

I assume the eyeshadow palette is 1.2g per colour and not in total (which would basically mean each pan had a fine layer of coloured dust)? Or no doubt just another QVC website c0ck-up.

on the indivual item number for that palette it state

1 x Easy On The Eyes Eyeshadow Palette (8 x 1.2g) - with shades Glacier (champagne shimmer), Daybreak (matte warm tan), Sunbeam (copper shimmer), Explore (matte dark brown), Dusk (matte pale pink), Earthy (rose gold shimmer), Tropical (pearl shimmer), Crystallized (matte cream)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239581

ml for ml

1 x NEW Big Ego Mascara (7ml) - Worth £19 cost £6.81
1 x NEW Easy on the Eyes Eyeshadow Palette (1.2g) - Worth £30 cost £10.75
1 x Amazonian Clay Foundation (50ml) - Worth £30 cost £10.75
1 x H2O Gloss (4ml) - Worth £14 cost £5.02
1 x buffer airbrush foundation brush - sold separately Worth £24 cost £8.60
1 x make-up bag - not added price for this item

Total Worth if priced individually £117 cost incl p&p used in calculations £41.93. Without p&p items approx a third of the full price.

Not for me though, I’m a Bare Minerals fan.

My TSV has arrived. Thanks again, Tarketta, Akimbo and Donna, for your experience and suggestions. I did a Findation.com match and you were right about the shade Light Sand, Tarketta, as were all of you about the yellow. When I first tried it on my hand I thought it looked a bit pink but when I compared it to a swatch of the IT Cosmetics Light and Fair, I could see quite a bit more yellow. That puts so many people off, I know, but for me it’s spot on.

The other thing that originally put me off was it might be too matte (Tarte call it satin matte so I risked it) and it is a wee bit for me, but I suspect it will “moisten up” a little over the day, especially with it being warm. It doesn’t enhance my fine lines at least.

Finally, coverage - I’m happy with it. Some reviews said it had poor coverage but I’m ok with it and I do like good coverage.

That’s all I’ve tried so far. I haven’t even used the brush yet but I will. I don’t really want to open the mascara until I need a new one and I have not decided whether to keep the lipgloss. The eye palette will get used - my sort of shades although I have several similar already.

Anyone else going for this TSV?

My TSV has arrived. Thanks again, Tarketta, Akimbo and Donna, for your experience and suggestions. I did a Findation.com match and you were right about the shade Light Sand, Tarketta, as were all of you about the yellow. When I first tried it on my hand I thought it looked a bit pink but when I compared it to a swatch of the IT Cosmetics Light and Fair, I could see quite a bit more yellow. That puts so many people off, I know, but for me it’s spot on.

The other thing that originally put me off was it might be too matte (Tarte call it satin matte so I risked it) and it is a wee bit for me, but I suspect it will “moisten up” a little over the day, especially with it being warm. It doesn’t enhance my fine lines at least.

Finally, coverage - I’m happy with it. Some reviews said it had poor coverage but I’m ok with it and I do like good coverage.

That’s all I’ve tried so far. I haven’t even used the brush yet but I will. I don’t really want to open the mascara until I need a new one and I have not decided whether to keep the lipgloss. The eye palette will get used - my sort of shades although I have several similar already.

Anyone else going for this TSV?

Really pleased to hear that, AndiK - it's a good quality foundation and it lasts for ages as a little goes a very long way with the buffing brush. Hope you like the rest of the TSV!

I won't be going for it as I've got two of the foundations in the stash, lots of mascara and really don't like the look of the palette (too warm for me) and the lipgloss I have tons of dupes for.

Really pleased to hear that, AndiK - it's a good quality foundation and it lasts for ages as a little goes a very long way with the buffing brush. Hope you like the rest of the TSV!

I won't be going for it as I've got two of the foundations in the stash, lots of mascara and really don't like the look of the palette (too warm for me) and the lipgloss I have tons of dupes for.

You’re right, I didn’t use a lot. I’ll give it a go tomorrow with the brush in the set. The foundation could be a new favourite.

I’m looking forward to the full demo tonight. I did look at the videos on Q’s site for the foundation as suggested.

I watched the launch show and the person who was presenting (not DF the guest presenter), was so lacklustre and boring that I am surprised that anyone would purchase at all. On the very rare occasion (OK I think this was the first time ever), DF asked a leading question with regards to 'shelf-life' that she navigated round twice, thus DF had to answer. No she was very lacklustre, didn't seem to know the product well and was certainly not 'inspiring' if you were perhaps thinking of trying the brand for the first time. The previous 'Tartette' whilst very annoying at least had some 'life'!

After-note- As predicted in the midnight show one of the shades was practically at limit stock, if they are going to be moving to 9pm thus longer sale time then they need to re-look at this !

Last edited:
I mix foundation colours on the back of my hand & usually go for a European brand as I need a pink, they call it Cool undertone.Have just repurchased YSL Touche Eclat in BR 45 & put a drop of Bare Minerals ( yes I know American!) BarePro Cool Beige to lighten slightly.The textures and cover are great applied with the BM brush & stipple on where more coverage is needed.

I mix foundation colours on the back of my hand & usually go for a European brand as I need a pink, they call it Cool undertone.Have just repurchased YSL Touche Eclat in BR 45 & put a drop of Bare Minerals ( yes I know American!) BarePro Cool Beige to lighten slightly.The textures and cover are great applied with the BM brush & stipple on where more coverage is needed.

I used to use YSL Touche in BR20 loved it. Then they decided to add SPF(a total joke in foundation people, as you will need to use 1 whole mil to get the protection it says on the bottle or tube), and the shades changed. A friend who worked for YSL at the time tried to get a match with the new one and had to give up as either too light, too deep or too yellow.

Latest posts

Back