Negative opions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julie A

Registered Shopper
I'm quite new to this forum. I've previously only read posts. I don't like everything that QVC sells, but a lot is really quite good, & the TSV's are really good value. Yet the only posts that I ever see are negative. Doesn't QVC have any fans, or is it only the critics who post their comments?

Welcome.

If you read the TSV posts quite a few do still buy and many are happy.

But some like myself have shopped with QVC since last century and see how much it has changed and not for the better. In fact, if you ever read their own Facebook page 95% of the comments are complaints about the postage, getting send used products, customer service, presenters not actually presenting the products, not giving sizes on clothes and how unhappy they are. If you go read Trustpilot QVC only have one star! Now that is really bad for such a big company which used to go on about their award-winning customer service.

Julie (?) negativity isn’t a dirty word, and the reason there are lots of negative opinions about QVC is because QVC have earned them, they’ve been rated “bad” one star on Trustpilot for a long time and there’s a reason for that, it’s because QVC don’t offer a good service. This is an honest forum run brilliantly that’s why you’ll see honest negative comments allowed to stay up (within reason) I suppose there are other places people can go were there are only positive comments allowed but that’s not an honest reflection of a company that’s going down hill fast and stuck in 1993, with no next day delivery, expensive postage, no Click and Collect, no Paypal, no capped postage, no free returns, used return sent out were they’re in a dirty used state. Free returns, capped postage, Paypal and Click and Collect are all things other companies in 2019 do as standard. Sorry for going on, but you did ask. :mysmilie_17:

Joking aside though, everything shopping TV related good or bad is welcome. :mysmilie_3:

I'm quite new to this forum. I've previously only read posts. I don't like everything that QVC sells, but a lot is really quite good, & the TSV's are really good value. Yet the only posts that I ever see are negative. Doesn't QVC have any fans, or is it only the critics who post their comments?

Hello Julie & welcome to STF. Once upon a time QVC was a different way to shop & not only did it introduce me to some excellent brands it also gave good service. Obviously life, & shopping, moves on but the Q seems to have gone backwards. In my opinion many of the products now sold are so similar they could all have come from the same production line, the service - p&p costs, delivery times, items lost, soiled/faulty goods sent out & much more - is appalling & the shop assistants, aka presenters, only present themselves which is not why they are on selly telly. I have posted positive comments, many of us do, however, we're an honest group & tell it as it is.

Welcome JulieA. My viewing is minutes a week, I re-purchase one beauty item. The presenters are a big factor in my switch off, self promoting self publishers are the world’s biggest bores, not giving brand ambassadors a chance to speak and very often when BA tries to the presenter doesn’t shut up so they are both shouting. Their extended family and their dog doesn’t interest me. And a fake story can be spotted a mile away. Postage and packaging is a very sore topic that Q powers that be won’t budge on. Factor in £7 on average on every price on screen. I could go on. We don’t moan for the sake of it. The good old days are well and truly gone for Q. That’s what happens when you don’t move with the times and keep presenters in check.

Welcome JulieA, I agree with all the previous posts. In addition it takes ages to get refunds, customer service is a joke.
:hi::hi:

Hi Julia A. & welcome! Agree with most of what has been said.Back in the Dark Ages I was one of QVC’s leading fans but now other retailers have caught up and overtaken them, main gripe with me is P&P & cost of returns, but on the positive side I have been able to try some beauty items and then returned.My shopping with Q has shrunk considerably to the odd TSV.You will find plenty of laughs on here too!

There is a 30 day money back guarantee, but, and it’s a big but, it’s limited or like some people have said, you get the dreaded letter through your letterbox if you take advantage of their offer too much, but of course customers aren’t told this.

There is a 30 day money back guarantee, but, and it’s a big but, it’s limited or like some people have said, you get the dreaded letter through your letterbox if you take advantage of their offer too much, but of course customers aren’t told this.

This is the final clause in the cancellation & money back guarantee part of the terms & conditions section. I find the words 'high number' a very nebulous term & they don't differentiate between those items returned because a customer has changed their mind & those that are faulty, dirty or not as described by the sales staff.
'It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer's statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance their terms'.

This is the final clause in the cancellation & money back guarantee part of the terms & conditions section. I find the words 'high number' a very nebulous term & they don't differentiate between those items returned because a customer has changed their mind & those that are faulty, dirty or not as described by the sales staff.
'It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer's statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance their terms'.

Yes T, I take offence at them saying that, they’re so patronising especially when it’s actually QVCs fault that there are so many returns from sending out items that had the wrong description, weren’t described properly, no sizes given or in a used, dirty state sent out to goodness knows how many people before you.

I will be completely honest and say when I first discovered this forum, not long after I had started buying from QVC (those early, heady, dazzled-by-the-bright-sparkly-goods days), I found this forum negative, too. I felt it rather spoiled my enjoyment of the browsing, buying and receiving of all the new items I was discovering on QVC. Those were the days when I was working in an office so had to get up early for the commute but would still stay up till after midnight to see the TSV demo and buy (fewer opportunities to pre-order in those days too, if I remember rightly). I used to think the forum was populated by jaded, hyper-critical people who just wanted a good old moan.

BUT THEN .... I started to see the light. I had a few bad experiences with Customer Services and realised they and their warehouse staff were in a straightjacket. I also soon saw how the P&P was extortionate (even though I only ever looked at the total price including postage before I considered buying) because I had reason to return an item or two so I could see how much cheaper the actual postage really was. I had begun to multi-buy and was gaily adding items to a basket before realising the total was like £20 or £30 even though I was ordering the same thing in different colours/sizes, etc, etc.

So then shoppingtelly.com became a first port of call: visit the forum then look at QVC.com (or tv presentation), not the other way round. And it wasn’t long before it hit me between the eyes that not only did people on here post news about future TSVs, but they could also tell me more about products than Q themselves and offer advice on use, tips on where to buy cheaper or suggest alternatives. So it was far from a negative place to be. I don’t know how long you’ve been shopping with QVC, Julie A, but you may find the same in time? If not, please do come on and give your positive experiences because praise where praise is due, I say, and most of us do also post about good buys and fair treatment as well. Most of all, as Silver Fox said above, we have a bit of a laugh on here because we don’t take all the QVC hype too seriously (as they tend to do on Facebook, for example!).

Welcome, anyway. Give us a chance to prove much of the nagativity is deserved and the forum can actually be a very useful place.

I like to think of the ‘negative opinions’ more like constructive criticism. Most posters will suggest how they expect to be treated, what they like and dislike about products and the channel in general. If the senior management at QVC really want to improve the profitability of the channel they would be wise to analyse the comments, decide which they feel are valid and make changes accordingly. Then review subsequent comments and tweak. This should be an on-going process in every business if it is to maintain its place against competitors.

Hi Julie, and welcome to the forum.

I agree with much of what has been said upthread. Like Andi I was quite shocked when I first found this forum because, with no other criticism available to be read, I had rather bought into their hype. But when you read perfectly valid criticisms, and not vindictive bitching, then it does give you pause. I woukd never have known about people receiving used handbags with items like tablets still inside. At the time I joined, the Q FB page never had criticisms such as this, and that has changed mightily in the past couple of years I have to say. In the other hand, I think people react very favourably to some of the TSV or OTO deals, well I know I do when it comes to certain brands!!! But then I spend a ton of money on Yankee Candles or Molton Brown when others would see that as a total waste of money, and we must just agree to differ, but that isn't a criticism of the Q per se. So I think there are positive and negative comments about the products as well as the Q, some of which are because of unsatisfactory practices (the letter, the self obsessed presenters). And I think it is good to be able to discuss bad practices such as Alter Ego's thread about being charged postage on a defective product, namely shoes sold as new which are scuffed and bear someone else's toe marks.

Oh I have rambled on a bit now and probably lost the point I was trying to make! I'm too hungry to try and edit it now though!!

Welcome Julie you will find people post as they find, good or bad which is actually good as it helps others.
I’m sure if you have some genuine positive things to say about Q, then there won’t be a problem to say. Just as if yourself or others have less than positive observations. The fact that helpful to forum viewers QVC item numbers and details are posted days in advance of either being available or being aired is positive for possible buyers and QVC.
Perhaps there are more positives than you are actually stating.

Hello Julie and welcome to the forum. I love this forum - it is my 'go to' place a fair number of times a day. We may criticize but we also do praise and, we still find bargains to be had, and products that we can try out and use, unlike other 'shops' and return if not happy and get a full refund. I have not bought as much lately, but I do still shop with QVC if I see something that I just must have and cannot find elsewhere. Criticism is probably more of what is posted, as times have moved on, and QVC, for the most part has not. I hate the p & p on each product. I dislike the presenters forgetting that they are there to actually present, and not talk about themselves and their lives and other businesses. I am not into beauty products and prefer jewellery mostly, but that had died a death, apart from diamonique. A forum that is happy clappy and everything is wonderful in the world, would not be a forum I would want to be part of. This forum is fun, honest and friendly, and I for one am very happy to be part of that.

I will be completely honest and say when I first discovered this forum, not long after I had started buying from QVC (those early, heady, dazzled-by-the-bright-sparkly-goods days), I found this forum negative, too. I felt it rather spoiled my enjoyment of the browsing, buying and receiving of all the new items I was discovering on QVC. Those were the days when I was working in an office so had to get up early for the commute but would still stay up till after midnight to see the TSV demo and buy (fewer opportunities to pre-order in those days too, if I remember rightly). I used to think the forum was populated by jaded, hyper-critical people who just wanted a good old moan.

BUT THEN .... I started to see the light. I had a few bad experiences with Customer Services and realised they and their warehouse staff were in a straightjacket. I also soon saw how the P&P was extortionate (even though I only ever looked at the total price including postage before I considered buying) because I had reason to return an item or two so I could see how much cheaper the actual postage really was. I had begun to multi-buy and was gaily adding items to a basket before realising the total was like £20 or £30 even though I was ordering the same thing in different colours/sizes, etc, etc.

So then shoppingtelly.com became a first port of call: visit the forum then look at QVC.com (or tv presentation), not the other way round. And it wasn’t long before it hit me between the eyes that not only did people on here post news about future TSVs, but they could also tell me more about products than Q themselves and offer advice on use, tips on where to buy cheaper or suggest alternatives. So it was far from a negative place to be. I don’t know how long you’ve been shopping with QVC, Julie A, but you may find the same in time? If not, please do come on and give your positive experiences because praise where praise is due, I say, and most of us do also post about good buys and fair treatment as well. Most of all, as Silver Fox said above, we have a bit of a laugh on here because we don’t take all the QVC hype too seriously (as they tend to do on Facebook, for example!).

Welcome, anyway. Give us a chance to prove much of the nagativity is deserved and the forum can actually be a very useful place.

:mysmilie_471:

Julie (?) negativity isn’t a dirty word, and the reason there are lots of negative opinions about QVC is because QVC have earned them, they’ve been rated “bad” one star on Trustpilot for a long time and there’s a reason for that, it’s because QVC don’t offer a good service. This is an honest forum run brilliantly that’s why you’ll see honest negative comments allowed to stay up (within reason) I suppose there are other places people can go were there are only positive comments allowed but that’s not an honest reflection of a company that’s going down hill fast and stuck in 1993, with no next day delivery, expensive postage, no Click and Collect, no Paypal, no capped postage, no free returns, used return sent out were they’re in a dirty used state. Free returns, capped postage, Paypal and Click and Collect are all things other companies in 2019 do as standard. Sorry for going on, but you did ask. :mysmilie_17:

Joking aside though, everything shopping TV related good or bad is welcome. :mysmilie_3:

Julie (?) :mysmilie_11:

:mysmilie_497:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and please feel free to post exactly what you want as we are proud of the fact that unlike the sycophants on other forums we don’t censor posts.

My Q history is that years ago I was Mrs QVC, purchased several times a week praised them to all and sundry, however I have only purchased 4 items in the past year so mega change! Out of those 3 were plants, 1 lot fine, 1 not so good and 1 never arrived (still chasing refund) so hardly a resounding success. The fourth was a garden chair which I am pleased with but I should be at the price!

There are 2 reasons I don’t buy and one is there just isn’t anything of interest as I’m not into beauty and a big second is the awful presenters who are hyper in all things except details of the actual products. Believe me I can still spend money as if it was. an Olympic sport, just not with Q. I find it beyond boring, Groundhog Day, same 6 brands over and over.

I found the forum years ago when I was searching for a Q item I had purchased in the past. Then the forum was 99% positive and 100% fun with most of us still buying regularly. A lot of original members no longer post so I don’t know if they are still buying.

Last year I felt I had nothing positive to say and felt I was perhaps whinging so didn’t post for quite a while however Q didn’t get any better which confirmed it wasn’t just me. As so few buy from Q we are no longer the font of all knowledge on Q products as we once were with the exception of beauty.

Possibly the best way to enjoy the forum is tongue in cheek (as a lot of posts are) rather than a factual platform like Trust pilot. There are many Tena moments but I’m afraid if you are into the presenters you will need a fairly thick skin but don’t let it put you off.

I`ve been with Q since the start and same as others I used to enjoy their shows, loved seeing new and unusual items especially the jewellery they did back then and loved waiting for my regular orders to arrive. It`s been all down hill ever since.
I`m not an expensive beauty brand user and I think Q now relies too heavily on people who are. Their fashion is mainly dire and overpriced, their presenters are diabolical self promoters, their choice of items has dwindled and they are so last Century when it comes down to their website, customer services, refunds and delivery costs.
Like many people I have to watch my pennies so I want value for money, quality, preferably a discount or voucher code, free delivery or capped delivery and plenty of choice. Sadly Q rarely fits the bill these days.
When watching a show annoys you because of how the presenters behave or the lack of information etc then many people are going to switch off therefore not be tempted to buy. QVC are fools to themselves and if you read the reviews in the link below you`ll see it isn`t just people on this forum who are fedup with them.
Of course you`ll still find the QVC diehards, the people who live, eat and breathe all things Q and will argue black is white that there is no better place to buy from. Or those people who see the presenters as friends and follow the presenter blogs, tweets or instagrams to the point of almost looking upon them as family and defending them to the hilt. Thats their choice of course.
Anyway welcome to the forum and have a browse at the link below and you`ll see we really aren`t any different than many of Q`s customers.
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.qvcuk.com

Perfectly put, Shopps

I appreciate the shock of the forum if all you experience elsewhere is sanitised or censored.

When we think something's good someone will hop on here to draw attention to it. When something's excellent value unmatched elsewhere, the same. There is positive amid the negative. The negative is born of personal experience, or frustration that QVC doesn't seem to want to evolve.
We just don't see QVC through QVC's rose-tinted spectacles and prefer to make up our own minds. We are also able to have diverging views on things.

Please feel free to post about your positive experiences of QVC, without fear you will be shouted down. Welcome, and enjoy the ride, Julie.

Latest posts

Back