Negative opions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love this Forum, even though I hardly ever post myself.
When I first came across QVC, the first order I ever placed was for a couple of 'Models Prefer' items (having fallen for the Stacey spiel) .... I couldn't believe the items were posted separately and that the postage charges were so extortionate as a result.
I soon got over that and went a bit mad at the start - but soon caught myself on and there was a longish period where I hardly bought anything.
However my purchases increased again a couple of years back. It was around the time my Mother died and in retrospect I think I was comfort buying. There is something about the whole homely / slightly amateurish QVC approach and their set of familiar faces that I find at times draws me in.
This is why I find this Forum so useful and now I generally consult for reviews of products & TSVs before I buy.

Another plus point for me is that I find some of the presenters irritating in the extreme and it's great to know I'm not alone ... plus the presenter criticism is generally positive and good-natured and never vile - not too many Forums you can say that about.

I love this Forum, even though I hardly ever post myself.
When I first came across QVC, the first order I ever placed was for a couple of 'Models Prefer' items (having fallen for the Stacey spiel) .... I couldn't believe the items were posted separately and that the postage charges were so extortionate as a result.
I soon got over that and went a bit mad at the start - but soon caught myself on and there was a longish period where I hardly bought anything.
However my purchases increased again a couple of years back. It was around the time my Mother died and in retrospect I think I was comfort buying. There is something about the whole homely / slightly amateurish QVC approach and their set of familiar faces that I find at times draws me in.
This is why I find this Forum so useful and now I generally consult for reviews of products & TSVs before I buy.

Another plus point for me is that I find some of the presenters irritating in the extreme and it's great to know I'm not alone ... plus the presenter criticism is generally positive and good-natured and never vile - not too many Forums you can say that about.

I'm often shocked by what I see under YouTube videos. If it doesn't pass the test of something you would say to that person face-to-face, or that you would not find upsetting if said to you... don't say it!

That's not to say that others may be more sensitive and thin-skinned than we are, and fragile egos in tv-land might be among those who would be upset. I think that often you get people who claim to speak on behalf of whoever is being given a dose of reality are more offended than the actual person would be. I'd say there are plenty of plain-speakers on this forum, and it's refreshing.

YouTube is really the only social media I interact with... (apart from here)and I'm not signed up to anyone or registered with YT...

Latest posts

Back