http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.177055

Regular
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.177056

Tall
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.177057

QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £2.95

A stunning sleeveless maxi dress from Ruth Langsford, featuring a V-neckline, flattering ruching and a knot detail across the bust. The first maxi dress released in her gorgeous collection, Ruth Langsford has designed the ultimate summer dress, ideal to pack in your holiday suitcase for keeping stylish and cool when in the sun.
Daytime style to evening glamour - this versatile dress will see you through any event with ease. Pair with some flat sandals and a denim jacket for an elegant everyday look, or dress up with your favourite heels and jewellery for timeless evening style.

Chic choices for all - solid or patterned, neutral or bold, we have colour options to suit everyone. Go for the classic Khaki, Black or Sunset Red for a staple style that can easily be accessorised, or go for Black and White Print, Blue Geometric Print or Snake Print for a statement dress that is sure to impress.

95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine wash cold

Colour options:

Black/White Print
Khaki
Blue Geo Print
Snake Print
Black
Sunset Red

View attachment 17419

View attachment 17420

View attachment 17421

View attachment 17422

View attachment 17423

And the difference between this and others offered in past years by Rene, Antthony, Kim, Nina Leonard and countless others, is... ?????

I remember when I first started watching Q years ago, of seeing this exact same style poly maxi dress, in plain and various prints, and because it was a new concept I succumbed, but like most other poly/elastene 'stuff' they ended up in the charity bag - and no this fabric does NOT keep you "cool in the sun", it sticks to your skin and is uncomfortable in heatwave summers.

I have a dress almost identical in red, it's Ronni Nicole and I bought it for £5 on ebay. Looks gorgeous on but I had to cut 6" off the bottom! It is a very flattering shape if anyone fancies it and I'd go for a plain colour. I 100% agree that the fabric does not keep you cool in hot weather. It makes you sweat like a beast then sticks to you.

CC

'A stunning sleeveless maxi dress from Ruth Langsford, featuring a V-neckline, flattering ruching and a knot detail across the bust. The first maxi dress released in her gorgeous collection, Ruth Langsford has designed the ultimate summer dress, ideal to pack in your holiday suitcase for keeping stylish and cool when in the sun'.
Really? I just saw a dress in a style that's been around for years, in man-made fabric that would be anything other than cool in the sun.

I’m sure I heard Debbie Flint say if your on a budget have it as your bridesmaids dresses WTF!!!!!!

I’m sure I heard Debbie Flint say if your on a budget have it as your bridesmaids dresses WTF!!!!!!

Sh has no idea. The patterns are awful & none of the plains could be worn unless you had an Army themed wedding & whooped with joy when the khaki one appeared.

She did!!!! I watched the video because I wondered if Ruth would be presenting, given her recent loss and the fact Rylan has covered for her on telly, and it was a BA in her place. I don't know who because I don't watch normally. But I couldn't believe it when Del Boy said buy a few of these for your bridesmaids. WTF indeed.

'A stunning sleeveless maxi dress from Ruth Langsford, featuring a V-neckline, flattering ruching and a knot detail across the bust. The first maxi dress released in her gorgeous collection, Ruth Langsford has designed the ultimate summer dress, ideal to pack in your holiday suitcase for keeping stylish and cool when in the sun'.
Really? I just saw a dress in a style that's been around for years, in man-made fabric that would be anything other than cool in the sun.

The Melissa woman and gobby Kabler are now talking about Ruth as though she has sat at a sewing machine and run up the ****** frocks herself !!! "she's sorted out the seaming, she's made sure the stitching under the armhole..... da di da di da, she's picked the fabric and the prints. On and on its goes. If she works so damned hard on her 'collection', why doesn't she wear it outside the QVC building ?????

Please don't take us for sodding idiots ! Ruth and Holden and Lulu and Ryan and the rest of the Z listers are just a face being paid to 'front' a product. There's a sweat shop of designers knocking this stuff out with the cheapest ingredients and assembled in a warehouse/factory in Wapping or China.

I did see on Celebrity Gogglebox that Rylan had some of his stuff on display in his home. I was paying specific attention to this! I may be naive but I do think he is involved in his candle range.

I haven’t watched the presentation of this but I’ll bet they have gushed about the fact that the ruched up tie front is sooooo slimming. This, together with an empire style is the very last style for someone with a muffin top and tummy, you only have to think back to that multi stripe monstrosity Julia was wearing a week or so ago.

No Ruth, you shouldn't have succumbed to cheap poly. I suspect little involvement by her here. Generic shape, good on the target aged British woman (boobs & tum - yes me also - diet starting soon, promise) Folk /Stan's will just buy cos it's her. Wonder if her absence will affect sales?
I would have loved to see her fib/promote the poly/avoid the issue on air.
Added: I'm sorry for her recent grief, but TSV's arranged yonks in advance. This has made me go off her even more.

I did see on Celebrity Gogglebox that Rylan had some of his stuff on display in his home. I was paying specific attention to this! I may be naive but I do think he is involved in his candle range.

I think he's just so 'on' every single platform (or his people are) that he displays them.

I have a dress almost identical in red, it's Ronni Nicole and I bought it for £5 on ebay. Looks gorgeous on but I had to cut 6" off the bottom! It is a very flattering shape if anyone fancies it and I'd go for a plain colour. I 100% agree that the fabric does not keep you cool in hot weather. It makes you sweat like a beast then sticks to you.

CC

It makes you sweat like a beast then sticks to you.

s.e.x.y.........

:mysmilie_15:

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible, sweaty Poly frock! The model looks like a chieftain tank in the plain Khaki one.

Poor Claire, she absolutely did look like a tank in that sludge coloured dress. It was really awful on her, however, she did look really nice in the blue and white one, as did Jackie Kabler.

CC

And the difference between this and others offered in past years by Rene, Antthony, Kim, Nina Leonard and countless others, is... ?????

I remember when I first started watching Q years ago, of seeing this exact same style poly maxi dress, in plain and various prints, and because it was a new concept I succumbed, but like most other poly/elastene 'stuff' they ended up in the charity bag - and no this fabric does NOT keep you "cool in the sun", it sticks to your skin and is uncomfortable in heatwave summers.

The phrase a 'rose by any other name' springs to mind. There isn't a massive difference, just a name change (both 'celeb') and title of the garment!

Who in their right mind would want to wear this monstrosity as a bridesmaid dress ? Even if you had a very limited budget there would be much nicer offerings out there.

Rylan always appears to know his stuff about the events eff of his candles. I can't help liking him.

Polyester being sold on the hottest day of the year...oops!!

Polyester works in the US where most seem to have aircon at home, in the car, at work and everywhere in between. Here a clammy suffocating item which will absorb any body longs permanently seems ridiculous.

Aside from all the negative comments on this frock, there is one upside ......

it doesn't have a side slit !!!

Funny how the presenters praise the 'slit' in other maxi dresses, - easier to walk (eh?), more room to sit down in (eh?), sexy show of leg (debatable).

At least there is no expanse of bare aged legs on show in this one, and it would have been more popular if Ruth (in her designing wisdom) had included pockets ! Kim is ahead of the game on that one.

Latest posts

Back