What is the point of Ruth Langsford ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I've thought this for some time now. She has a limited 'own range', and spends most of her allotted (and contractual) time being just another presenter describing clothes from other ranges - and usually with the dipsy Kabler, who gets more stupid each time she's on air.

Like most who have taken the QVC Shilling, she's good at pontificating the quality and style of the stuff she flogs, but wear them herself outside of the QVC building, er, no thanks. She's quite a regular in womens magazines (to the point there is nothing we don't know about the 'happy' couples - another Madeley and Finnigan in the making as gossip fodder), but like in today's day at the races, it certainly was not a product of her own line or other qvc designer range she wanted to be seen in. Ok neither would we, but neither do we have the Langsford/Holmes bank accounts either.

Totally pointless and IMHO a total fraud especially when we know she wouldn’t be seen dead in them.

Did I read she fell the other day? Were there plenty of references to wearing to the races/suitable for the infirm.

I remember when I first watched Q the situation trotted out was it was suitable for wheelchair users but we are more upmarket now with garden parties and neighbours BBQ,

Apparently she fell as she was leaving Epsom on Saturday, her Michael Kors dress didn't look damaged even though her knees were grazed. She went on social media telling everyone that she wasn't drunk :drunk: but had just tripped. I read a comment by someone commiserating & saying that women of a certain age do fall over due to arthritis, I can't see RL being happy with that!

Does anyone know anything about her background in the fashion and design industry?

Does anyone know anything about her background in the fashion and design industry?

No surprise she doesn't have one, but we all knew that, didn't we? In fact the only connection she has to fashion is that she wears clothes. I bet she receives loads of adoring comments from the Q groupies who see her as a style icon. Bleurgh.

No surprise she doesn't have one, but we all knew that, didn't we? In fact the only connection she has to fashion is that she wears clothes. I bet she receives loads of adoring comments from the Q groupies who see her as a style icon. Bleurgh.

Last time I looked there were 23 adoring replies out of 24 to a post of her promoting a jacket. Obviously we aren’t the core audience.

When I first got wind that RL would be doing her fashion line, I thought to myself What, did I miss something . Let’s be honest here there is no way Ruth is a fashion icon in my world. If she wasn’t married to Eamon would we ever have heard of her? I doubt it.

Together they have been all expenses paid, to mingle and travel with the rich and famous. Next thing we’ll know Michelle Mone will be telling us how to live on a budget, and showing us how to style our interiors, something she does but has no qualifications for. It takes years to study to become an interor designer!

If you think I jest, watch that space:mysmilie_8::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_454:

Sadly there are a definite lack of British women in their 50's who could be defined as a style icon. At one end there is mumsy Ruthy, trying too hard Lorraine Kelly, and at the other end of the spectrum there is Carol Vorderman who dresses like a tart (pictured today looking like Jessica Rabbit and wearing bondage sandals). Her and the younger Ambitious Holden make a fine pair.

My own personal favourite (if I was to be in my 50's again) is Sandra Bullock, she's fab.

It always makes me chuckle when they run that promo where she claims she is designing stuff, or putting together ensembles, and ends with "with the help of the QVC stylists of course"....rigghhtttt.

And shop-ping! she loves shop-ping! QVC is “high end” shop-ping! apparently, yes their own brands of expensive bedding, cheap man made leather bags and Cuddl Duds most definitely high end. I think Ruthie is confusing expensive prices for things you can buy cheaper elsewhere as “high end” I think this is the type of woman though who’d sell her granny if it got her 10 minutes of paid air time.

Sadly there are a definite lack of British women in their 50's who could be defined as a style icon. At one end there is mumsy Ruthy, trying too hard Lorraine Kelly, and at the other end of the spectrum there is Carol Vorderman who dresses like a tart (pictured today looking like Jessica Rabbit and wearing bondage sandals). Her and the younger Ambitious Holden make a fine pair.

My own personal favourite (if I was to be in my 50's again) is Sandra Bullock, she's fab.

For me it’s Twiggy who believe it or not is 70 this year, I’ve always liked her and appreciate that she was endowed with THAT gene but I feel I believe her if she says she hasn’t had anything done.

There's something about Ruth that I just can't take to and that's applicable to any TV show she's on. And as for being a fashion "expert" I disagree with that title.

She was in the paper the other day on some fashion page and wearing a dress by Roman Originals which the article was promoting.

As a man, Ruth’s range obviously isn’t aimed at me. But, from my perspective, I like her a lot. She comes across as smart, witty and a good sport. She’s great on Loose Women and takes no nonsense from Eamonn when he’s in one of his moods on This Morning. A friend of mine got talking to her in a shop once - she’s a regular visitor here in Belfast - and said she was very approachable and down to earth.

I don’t think she’s ever claimed to be a fashion expert, just someone interested in clothing and looking as stylish as she can without going down the mutton-dressed-as-lamb route. So I can absolutely see why QVC signed her up, and, you know what, I think she does a great job.

Apparently she fell as she was leaving Epsom on Saturday, her Michael Kors dress didn't look damaged even though her knees were grazed. She went on social media telling everyone that she wasn't drunk :drunk: but had just tripped. I read a comment by someone commiserating & saying that women of a certain age do fall over due to arthritis, I can't see RL being happy with that!

Well Twilight don't know about arthritis causing a fall but at 70 I find my balance can be a bit of a problem especially if I turn round a bit quick. Plenty of bruises on my legs when gardening I turn round quick and over balance.

I like her and I think she dresses OK for her age and body. What I don't like is the way QVC put hugely inflated prices on very ordinary clothes, especially the jumpers and t-shirts, just because there's a well known name attached to it.

CC

There's something about Ruth that I just can't take to and that's applicable to any TV show she's on. And as for being a fashion "expert" I disagree with that title.

Same here Toril same with her husband.

Latest posts

Back