Now we know !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PLEASE come back and tell us all about it - I've been thinking about a cruise for years but have no idea what to take. I've not been on holiday for over a decade (and that was only to family) so I'm a bit out of the loop. Well. a lot out of the loop.

Anyone else's experiences also welcomed.

Of course I will! 3 weeks on Thursday and never been on a cruise before :mysmilie_8: I've tons of QVC clothes, most of which I like and I think look nice, however I once went to a wedding and heard these two women absolutely crucifying another's Matalan dress. To have heard them you would have thought she'd either turned up in a shroud or stark b**llock naked. I want people to point for the right reasons lol.

CC

Love cruising, just take shorts or crops for daytime, dresses or trousers for evening and if you want to be posh an evening dress or two depending on how many nights. A lot depends on which cruise line you sail with . Our first cruise was 17 nights. Hope this helps a bit.

I get travel sick even on planes and trains. I'm going to be seasick aren't I?!

I wish I still had those faux fur bonnets with the pom-pom ties. I had a black one and a leopard type one, they had satin linings that didn't mess your hair up no matter how tight you tied the cords and they were super warm. They were so big that your head could have turned right round and the bonnet stayed in place!

I have a photo of me in one. Complete with sewn on ears, eyeliner whiskers, a black catsuit (of course), a hand-made fur tail and white boots. I won first in a fancy dress thanks to my mum's ingenuity and that bonnet.

Well it has been going since 1959 so unless he was doing it in his cot that’s another of Del Boys porkie pies.

She's old enough to remember it! Surely she is aware that much of her audience is also old enough to remember it and knows she is, too?

Could it be that lying is now so ingrained she doesn't realise she's doing it?

Of course I will! 3 weeks on Thursday and never been on a cruise before :mysmilie_8: I've tons of QVC clothes, most of which I like and I think look nice, however I once went to a wedding and heard these two women absolutely crucifying another's Matalan dress. To have heard them you would have thought she'd either turned up in a shroud or stark b**llock naked. I want people to point for the right reasons lol.

CC

Thanks, CC. I'm looking forward to it.

PS For some reason I can't leave thanks on your post.

When I went on a cruise I was very very sick and I was advised to go to the ships Dr who gave me an injection in the bum and after that I was absolutely fine, well worth the money I paid

Me and the husband went on a cruise years ago and I swore never again, I was sick from the minute it pulled off to the minute we stepped foot on dry land, it was quite windy and the motion made my tummy feel like it was on the Waltzers. I wouldn’t mind I love Titanic it’s one of my biggest fascinations but I think I’ll stick to holidays on land. That was just me though, not everyone is sick, even without the sickness I don’t think cruises are for us, but we all like different things, I’m sure anyone cruising is going to love it :mysmilie_3:

Thanks for sickness advice everyone, now I will be ultra, ultra careful. Once went on a ferry to Orkney, OMG even the dog threw up. Never again. Hoping a cruise liner might be different!

CC

CC

People say things about others, good & bad, all the time, so chances are comments may be made, however, if you don't hear them you'll never know. 'No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent' is one of my favourite quotes & both my daughters & many students at school have benefitted from Eleanor Roosevelt's wise words. I don't get twizzled by comments because I've got a very thick skin, it's only cruelty to the innocent & what we're doing to the planet that bothers me, consequently I've developed a really good alternative to a resting bitch face - a snooty half smile & a couple of put down lines. Please don't let anyone spoil your holiday & if you do I'll be very cross. If you're going to take a remedy for sea sickness I don't recommend Stugeron, it stopped me feeling sick but meant I sat on the loo for hours.

I get sick on an escalator. Kwells do the trick although sea sickness is THE worst feeling ever so you need to be prepared.

CC

I don't get physically sick I get vertigo. Took Avomine last year and was asleep for 2 hours but fine after. Have been unable to get Kwells for the last 2 years,chemists I have been to say they can't get them anymore.

I don't get physically sick I get vertigo. Took Avomine last year and was asleep for 2 hours but fine after. Have been unable to get Kwells for the last 2 years,chemists I have been to say they can't get them anymore.
You poor love, vertigo is horrendous. Kwells are available online & in chemists, I bought my last lot from Sainsburys. I get migraines & as soon as the sunlight on water visual disturbance happens I take two paracetamols & 1/2 litre of water, when my vision gets back to normal I take a Kwell.

You poor love, vertigo is horrendous. Kwells are available online & in chemists, I bought my last lot from Sainsburys. I get migraines & as soon as the sunlight on water visual disturbance happens I take two paracetamols & 1/2 litre of water, when my vision gets back to normal I take a Kwell.

I feel for anyone who gets any type of sickness feeling. I get it for all kind of travel, heights and hormonal-linked sickness. Also had HG all through pregnancies, but never had vertigo. I couldn't sit upright without throwing up when pregnant which is how my friend suffered with her vertigo. Hers cleared after the worst six months of her life so there is hope. Another friend gets hormonal migraine which is as you describe, Twilight. I rarely get headaches so am lucky there.

I'm on pretty high strength painkillers but paracetamol ALWAYS takes the edge off at bad times. A very underestimated drug as far as I'm concerned (though it doesn't really help with period pain, annoyingly).

I've heard a few people say that travel sick tablets are becoming hard to find lately.

I fortunately am a good traveller but certain things I don’t do.Cannot read in a car or bus/coach & only a short time on trains.Flying is no problem although have experienced bad turbulence when I tell myself it is like a bumpy road ride! My ship experiences are only Ferries and if rough sit very still or lie down in my cabin.Hope all cruisers have good experiences my only gripe with them is when I am staying somewhere and then there is an influx of thousands from one or multiple cruise ships!Some places just cannot absorb that number of people.

OOOOH, are you going on a crooooose?

Sorry. I promise I won't mention it again :mysmilie_11: cruise.jpg

Mr L is reading a gadget magazine at the moment and had just shown me some of them. One is a pair of glasses to stop motion sickness. They look like those glasses the Boggles (?) wore in the video.

There was also a personal portable air purifier system - they looked a bit like a headphone/microphone combo.

Not quite a gadget but a pair of Alexander McQueen leather sliders at about 700 squids. Any orders whilst I’m ordering mine to save on postage?:mysmilie_50:

Latest posts

Back