Now we know !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
There is a name for polyester/elastene apparently, its.........Shopping Telly Fabric !!!

And who informed us of this ? Old Flinty. She was discussing a 'different fabrication' of one of Anttony's garments, and she said "oh its not the usual shopping telly fabric then ?" Kerching ! I bet the bosses loved that.

The conversation continued in the vein that Anttony was the instigator of this fabric back in the day when shopping channels wanted garments that didn't have zips or buttons. Personally I thought poly/elastene was decades old rather than something invented for telly shopping.

So ladies, we are now defined not only by QVC clothing, but the very fabric of the stuff. Right, where's the black charity bag. I'm not ditching the chintz, I'm ditching the STF !!

Well DF does know everything so she must be right but I disagree with her that the size 18 was too loose on her. The fit was just right.

Well DF does know everything so she must be right but I disagree with her that the size 18 was too loose on her. The fit was just right.

Spot on, Evie & I posted much the same this afternoon.

Do you think people will point/talk about me if I take QVC clothes on my cruise??? I am seriously going to take some but I don't want to appear common or cheap (not that any of it WAS cheap!).

CC

I’ve said it before, I wouldn’t be carried out feet first in one piece of Antttttttonys designs, not one single piece.

As for Debbie Flint I’ve just channel hopped on and words fail me, well they don’t but I can’t put them here, after ten seconds and the best laugh I’ve had all week, over the channel goes.

Do you think people will point/talk about me if I take QVC clothes on my cruise??? I am seriously going to take some but I don't want to appear common or cheap (not that any of it WAS cheap!).

CC

I wouldn't recommend anything by Kim & Co or Artscape. You'll see more on board worn with beige cropped trousers by women with big a....ses than anything else.

On the other hand, if you've anything by Dreamkeeper with sparkles, then you'll be the envy of the ship.

CC

No CC you will be fine. I have some early Kim and Co pieces, 1 black dress,1 grey crepe dress and a top and skirt in a pattern (not the patterns she does now). They pack really well and no one has laughed at me yet.

I thought polyester/elastane was a descendant of Crimplene ?

I equate crimplene most closely with crepe jersey. When I was a kid my gran and mum lived in crimplene trouser suits, mostly sewn by my gran, when I was a kid. I had a purple trouser suit and some green bell-bottoms.

I equate crimplene most closely with crepe jersey. When I was a kid my gran and mum lived in crimplene trouser suits, mostly sewn by my gran, when I was a kid. I had a purple trouser suit and some green bell-bottoms.

My mum also wore them, some had a long waistcoat rather than a jacket & she's wear them with a polo neck jumper or blouse with balloon sleeves. Crimplene makes me also think of bri nylon sheets & faux fur 'bonnet' hats that had ties ending in pompoms.

He ! he ! he ! those were the days. I had a crimplene dress and matching coat. And who remembers the fashionable tabards ??? usually part of a 3 piece set - skirt or trousers with a matching print blouse with the tabard worn over the top. My mum had an apple green 'set'.

I wish I still had those faux fur bonnets with the pom-pom ties. I had a black one and a leopard type one, they had satin linings that didn't mess your hair up no matter how tight you tied the cords and they were super warm. They were so big that your head could have turned right round and the bonnet stayed in place!

CC

PLEASE come back and tell us all about it - I've been thinking about a cruise for years but have no idea what to take. I've not been on holiday for over a decade (and that was only to family) so I'm a bit out of the loop. Well. a lot out of the loop.

Anyone else's experiences also welcomed.

PLEASE come back and tell us all about it - I've been thinking about a cruise for years but have no idea what to take. I've not been on holiday for over a decade (and that was only to family) so I'm a bit out of the loop. Well. a lot out of the loop.

Anyone else's experiences also welcomed.

Love cruising, just take shorts or crops for daytime, dresses or trousers for evening and if you want to be posh an evening dress or two depending on how many nights. A lot depends on which cruise line you sail with . Our first cruise was 17 nights. Hope this helps a bit.

Latest posts

Back