New phrases.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I’ve noticed all presenters and guests have introduced new words and phrases into their QVC dictionary.

- “it’s a doddle” about anything technical or electronic. I think it started with Abi Horne, now they’re all at it.

- “back to black” . Used several times in every fashion, footwear and bag show for any item that has even a tiny bit of black in it. Not difficult with all the gaudy prints they are flogging at the moment.

They are so lazy that they pop these phrases in as a filler instead of giving us a proper description.

I’ve noticed all presenters and guests have introduced new words and phrases into their QVC dictionary.

- “it’s a doddle” about anything technical or electronic. I think it started with Abi Horne, now they’re all at it.

- “back to black” . Used several times in every fashion, footwear and bag show for any item that has even a tiny bit of black in it. Not difficult with all the gaudy prints they are flogging at the moment.

They are so lazy that they pop these phrases in as a filler instead of giving us a proper description.

Product of one of their brainstorms. To a regular watcher, this sticks out like a sore thumb.... Subtle, QVC ain't!

Matchey matchey (sp!) is frequently used as something you want to avoid in wearing the same colours in accessories etc.For me this is on a par with ‘gifting’ which will soon be endlessly trotted out as we approach the run down to Christmas in the next few weeks.

Crap......that’s a good one for QVC presenters to use, applies to every thing QVC, products, clothing, prices, postage.....all “crap!” :mysmilie_3:

Matchey matchey (sp!) is frequently used as something you want to avoid in wearing the same colours in accessories etc.For me this is on a par with ‘gifting’ which will soon be endlessly trotted out as we approach the run down to Christmas in the next few weeks.

I hate that matchey matchey nonsense. Hey, buy a bog standard ordinary bra for £50 and we'll offer you two pairs of pants for £75. You'll have spent all your wages but at least you'll be matchey matchey if you get run over by a bus. Carla Laszlo, you're the worst offender.

CC

Crap......that’s a good one for QVC presenters to use, applies to every thing QVC, products, clothing, prices, postage.....all “crap!” :mysmilie_3:

Add to that how the sales staff look. For the TSV launch the dratted Vonda's in the dress that didn't do Queen Julia any favours & her hair looks awful, so maybe JR's her style icon. As for the market trader she's in a vile tunic thing & dark jeans that are rolled up, presumably to see the shoes, either that or she's had to walk through a flood. I'm very sad & have found the 'vile tunic thing' in Natural Multi.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Kim-&-Co-Prin...lbow-Sleeve-Tunic.product.172849.html?sc=PSCH

I hate that matchey matchey nonsense. Hey, buy a bog standard ordinary bra for £50 and we'll offer you two pairs of pants for £75. You'll have spent all your wages but at least you'll be matchey matchey if you get run over by a bus. Carla Laszlo, you're the worst offender.

CC

I have always had to match the colours of bra & knickers, more to do with OCD tendencies than worrying about what A&E staff will think!

Add to that how the sales staff look. For the TSV launch the dratted Vonda's in the dress that didn't do Queen Julia any favours & her hair looks awful, so maybe JR's her style icon. As for the market trader she's in a vile tunic thing & dark jeans that are rolled up, presumably to see the shoes, either that or she's had to walk through a flood. I'm very sad & have found the 'vile tunic thing' in Natural Multi.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Kim-&-Co-Prin...lbow-Sleeve-Tunic.product.172849.html?sc=PSCH

Oh my word just had a look, why does she wear long tunics that make her legs look soooooo short? Let’s be honest, if she’s got no idea what suits her shape best after all these years working with clothes, there’s no hope for her.

I have always had to match the colours of bra & knickers, more to do with OCD tendencies than worrying about what A&E staff will think!

Nothing wrong T with being put together in the undies department, I found that out two years ago when gastroenteritis struck at midnight and the husband had to take me to A&E at two in the morning, it’s always when you’ve got your old comfy bra on :mysmilie_17:

I have a hatred for stock phrases in all aspects of communication. Sports commentators are one of the worst offenders. Advertising especially in the lower end of the market is another. I think it is a mixture of poor education and downright laziness so anyone on Q is a prime candidate.

When did it become necessary to start every answer with either - yes absolutely to no absolutely. This has taken over from “so” and as for calling everyone “guys” !

Matching bra and pants? Usually because I only buy the one style in white, black or nude as i find them so difficult to get a comfortable fit.

I'd love to still be the person that wanted to look her best even under her clothes lol but I'm afraid the knickers are out the drawer and on the bum and matched up with whatever bra is clean. Back in the days of working in London City, I had lovely lingerie that matched under my work suit but those days are long gone.

My goal in life used to be that one day I would be the correct weight/shape to be able to wear lovely underwear now it is just to get ones comfortable enough to last the day!

I have a hatred for stock phrases in all aspects of communication. Sports commentators are one of the worst offenders. Advertising especially in the lower end of the market is another. I think it is a mixture of poor education and downright laziness so anyone on Q is a prime candidate.

When did it become necessary to start every answer with either - yes absolutely to no absolutely. This has taken over from “so” and as for calling everyone “guys” !

Matching bra and pants? Usually because I only buy the one style in white, black or nude as i find them so difficult to get a comfortable fit.

I only have black,white and nude undies,don't know why I have an aversion to prints and colours in undies.

Try counting the ‘as well’ put into every sentence. Sometimes more than once as well! I find myself shouting at the tv and then think, time to turn off. It all started I think with Alison Young who finished every sentence with ‘as well’ because as other posters have said bad ideas spread like wildfire at Qvc. And what about Today’s Special Value TODAY, when else would it be? Time for my tablets. ����

And we aren’t even quoting the Wichita Lines Man’s little pump, crisp white shirt, pant et+ etc.

Going through to .......(insert inane function or season)

Holiday coverup (at £120 plus)

Bang on trend (maybe 20 years ago)

On the catwalk (full of cats piss more like)

And on and on

I always try to go for nude in bras but knickers all colours as usually bought in multipacks in the sales.

Oh, I have a well known Northern Ireland saying for the QVC presenters.

Catch yourself on. :mysmilie_17: It means someone is talking rubbish or telling little lies and we do not believe them.

I always try to go for nude in bras but knickers all colours as usually bought in multipacks in the sales.

Oh, I have a well known Northern Ireland saying for the QVC presenters.

Catch yourself on. :mysmilie_17: It means someone is talking rubbish or telling little lies and we do not believe them.

Even better “catch your self on hey” in some parts they just love to add hey to the end of sentence!

Surprised Eamon hasn’t taught Ruthie a few blinders but then again his mentor was Gloria, the plumbs in my mouth are so big I can hardly speak, Hunniford so he will be a bit posher than us!

The most recent phrase that I have heard is 'inbox me' it is only a matter of time before it is used on the Q!

I don't post much but I do enjoy reading all of your posts. Since finding this forum you have all saved me a small fortune as I hardly shop on the Q these days, to be honest I think they're stuck in a time warp. :mysmilie_48:

Latest posts

Back