The Holiday Shop trailer ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Why does that woman talk about deciding “what to BRING on holiday” ? It sounds completely wrong to me, she should be saying “what to TAKE on holiday”. I think it’s a grammatical error, verbs of motion probably. Drives me nuts!

I’m feeling grumpy this morning and really shouldn’t be listening to Vonda and Debbie F while I’m painting my fingernails.

Also, when people are in a bar or cafe and ask for a drink, they say "Can I get" instead of "Can I have". It drives me nuts! I know language evolves, but there are some things that are just grammatically wrong!

Also, when people are in a bar or cafe and ask for a drink, they say "Can I get" instead of "Can I have". It drives me nuts! I know language evolves, but there are some things that are just grammatically wrong!

Hearing bad grammar hurts my ears ! Reading it doesn’t bother me so much, no idea why not.

You was as in “What was you going to do with the money” sets my teeth on edge - much and all as I quite like him Bradley Walsh is really really bad and I scream at the TV.

Sounds as though they want to hop over the counter and help themselves to one. I also hate the American saying where is/was he/she at.

Too many grammatical mistakes on QVC to list now. I can't help but think that there isn't anyone there who knows better to be able to correct them. Even those with the affected posh accents do it. It seems to be a symptom of modern life though - even the BBC is full of mistakes now, but never used to be.

When I see that trailer, I wonder how anyone can afford a holiday, after all the p&p on their holiday shopping.

Latest posts

Back