Models ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Is it me ? or are the continuing influx of new faces on the catwalk about as far removed from 'models' as you can get ?

I've no disagreement with the varying heights and body sizes, but models ? certainly not in the old sense of the word.

Standing awkwardly, faces like slapped arses, skin like translucent snow, and with no idea how to show off an article to its full potential. And, being really unkind, my border terrier has a far prettier face and could do a better job.

Why are we suddenly seeing so many new faces when for years and years we had the older and familiar models who knew their stuff, and who have long been 'retired off'. Cordelia and her strange walk, Sally and Sharon are about the only long termers left, even Katherine is a fairly recent addition who has now dragged her mother on board.

Is it me ? or are the continuing influx of new faces on the catwalk about as far removed from 'models' as you can get ?

I've no disagreement with the varying heights and body sizes, but models ? certainly not in the old sense of the word.

Standing awkwardly, faces like slapped arses, skin like translucent snow, and with no idea how to show off an article to its full potential. And, being really unkind, my border terrier has a far prettier face and could do a better job.

Why are we suddenly seeing so many new faces when for years and years we had the older and familiar models who knew their stuff, and who have long been 'retired off'. Cordelia and her strange walk, Sally and Sharon are about the only long termers left, even Katherine is a fairly recent addition who has now dragged her mother on board.

I think it could be down to the less-than-generous pay rates Q are willing to pay. So the really professional models don't get put up for jobs by their agents as the agents can find better pay rates for them.

Some of the old guard may have reacted badly to the downward trend in the rates offered, so Q waves them goodbye. In the main, the likes of Joy, Goody, Tanya and Sharron Raynor could make some of the direst fashion look good. Then because they've got a bit of a backbone, some personality and "sass" off they get shunted.

I agree. Tanya was lovely, Sharon the lovely black model (and Joy and Pam as well), Goody was gorgeous, there used to be a cute petite Asian model who gave us tinies an idea of sizes. Don't get me wrong, the models on Q are all OK and good at their jobs. My big favourite was always Sharon who could have sold papers to chip shops. Beautiful lady and I hope she is doing just fine without QVC.

CC

My brains not in gear tonight but there was Beth.... Renee & now will describe
Tanya’s blonde friend who went briefly to Ideal World with talk of the over weight story.
Model who dated Spencer Mathews and was on MIC.
The blonde posing, twirling model who was in a BBC advert mowing grass.

I remember when Lenny used to say “how d’you spell fabulous?.... J.0.Y!” It was more relaxed then when I used to shop, with a wide range of models. Tanya was good and Sharon was a real model with class. I remember when Tanya was let go, so was Beth and the others, I could read visitors FB and Tanya, quite rightly so, was fuming. Now, QVC want to edge towards s younger market and women with disposable income, they want to be seen as high end and professional, but selling what the high street sell but charging you more doesn’t make you high end, just expensive, the presenters are not likeable, so all mixed up together QVC has failure written all over it.

I like Ideal World and the way they interact with the models, they’re treated as part of the show, colleagues and not just clothes horses.

My brains not in gear tonight but there was Beth.... Renee & now will describe
Tanya’s blonde friend who went briefly to Ideal World with talk of the over weight story.
Model who dated Spencer Mathews and was on MIC.
The blonde posing, twirling model who was in a BBC advert mowing grass.

The model who was accused of being overweight(?) & the twirly one were both called Jo. Beth Caterer irritated me with her bizarre smile, I loved Tanya, Joy, Sharon & Amica. If the C in QVC was for class it went a long time ago.

Thank god somebody has spoken up! As a bloke I was wary to start a conversation about this, as I thought I'd get roasted :)

One thing has always bothered me though.....ok, firstly I get that they have models of all shapes and sizes, to show a cross section of the audience who may be buying something. But why don't we ever see blokes with beer bellies etc modelling mens clothes? Why are all men perfect beefcakes, but women can look like the cashier from the local supermarket???

And while we are talking about QVC models.....Sasha :heart:

Yes, Jo, she went total Nah Nah when Tanya got the drop from QVC. Someone mentioned where is Tanya on the QVC Facebook page and Jo came on and said how Tanya was two-faced and other things and Karma! It got deleted but I think there was a thread on here about it.

I noticed the other day on a beauty show a new young brown haired model, the older blond model(sorry forget names but she has long hair and a very wrinkly neck), as the camera came across tapping the younger one on the knee as a signal they were coming to them.

Oh, it seems Goody is now on QVC US.

I liked the girl who was Honora Ralph’s favourite (Natalie?) her dad was the actor or singer.

B&W Renee was very sulky, great hair but poor skin. Didn’t she leave under a cloud due to “glamour” work

I remember Joan Rivers saying that both Goody and Sharon had modelled for one of the really famous designer, can’t remember which one but something like YSL.

Beth the gurner often posts on Q Arsebook about upcoming beauty .

Some years ago there was a video going around with Joy and her daughter and she didn’t come over as a terribly nice person to me.

Apart from wooden top Tiff, Katherine and Cordelia I can’t say any of them are memorable now.

I liked the girl who was Honora Ralph’s favourite (Natalie?) her dad was the actor or singer.

B&W Renee was very sulky, great hair but poor skin. Didn’t she leave under a cloud due to “glamour” work

I remember Joan Rivers saying that both Goody and Sharon had modelled for one of the really famous designer, can’t remember which one but something like YSL.

Beth the gurner often posts on Q Arsebook about upcoming beauty .

Some years ago there was a video going around with Joy and her daughter and she didn’t come over as a terribly nice person to me.

Apart from wooden top Tiff, Katherine and Cordelia I can’t say any of them are memorable now.

Natalie's dad is Jess Conrad & I loved the way Ralph would say her name. I think Maxine is a good model, she always looks poised & in control.

Yes, Jo, she went total Nah Nah when Tanya got the drop from QVC. Someone mentioned where is Tanya on the QVC Facebook page and Jo came on and said how Tanya was two-faced and other things and Karma! It got deleted but I think there was a thread on here about it.

I noticed the other day on a beauty show a new young brown haired model, the older blond model(sorry forget names but she has long hair and a very wrinkly neck), as the camera came across tapping the younger one on the knee as a signal they were coming to them.

Yes, I saw that too.....rubbish!

I think the blonde model is Pirjo. She's got a super figure but her neck does look aged, to say the least.

It tells you what you need to know about the current crop of models. None of us know their names. If they keep being booked, and we keep watching maybe that will change... But as the guests and presenters barely mention their names nowadays, perhaps they are just warm bodies to put the clothes onto in the eyes of Q?

Jill F calls the models by the wrong name and then makes a big thing of “she looks like a xyz so that’s what I call her”. She has done this umpteen times on jewellery shows, and often to the same girl! If it was me I would get up and bitch slap the stupid cow (and I’m not someone who is precious about their name and it’s spelling).

Talking of Jill F she hasn’t been on for ages and as mentioned on Arsebook she hasn’t updated her blog since April.

I have noticed she has been on the schedules, in fact yesterday she was listed as being on along with other presenters (as if it takes 2 of the idiots) but as far as I know it was a no show. I had assumed it was the usual cock up on the website.

Talking of Jill F she hasn’t been on for ages and as mentioned on Arsebook she hasn’t updated her blog since April.

I have noticed she has been on the schedules, in fact yesterday she was listed as being on along with other presenters (as if it takes 2 of the idiots) but as far as I know it was a no show. I had assumed it was the usual cock up on the website.

Has she gone off to Florida

Has she gone off to Florida

Perhaps she'll stay there.

Back to the models; yes they do seem to come and go. I do wish that we could have an average model now and then though. Size 12/14, 5'6". That said I suppose the presenters and guests can represent the general public in a way.

I like Maxine and also Charlotte who is just too pretty for her own good, as is Sasha. Out of the larger size models I like Sophia, she'd be first on my night out list but not wearing QVC clothes!

CC

I don’t watch long enough to find out they’re names, the presenters don’t lower themselves to call a model by their name, and another reason is, I really don’t care.
:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back