John Lewis Clearance - Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
I have been browsing the JLP Clearance and noticed two MB duos for those who like the discontinued Templetree shower gel, for £28 each. The first one is paired with Lily of the Valley. The second with Silver Birch. These two are also discontinued. They are available online from 8pm today and in store tomorrow. There are lots of other items but they are mostly very pricey as a lot of them come with a 3x300ml set plus another combination, so over £90. There are also boxes of minis.

I have just spent ages dithering over these, then decided to buy and logged on, only to discover it hasn't started yet! Hope I'm not engrossed in a TV show at 8 tonight, lol. I shall have to do click and collect as I can't get to a store for a couple of weeks and will have to pay the £2 charge. Unless I buy two. But I mustn't buy two!!!!!!

The Molton Brown stores and online also have them.

I buy the mini size sets as Xmas presents at this time of year. The girl in the MB shop gave me 3 mini 30mls as extras.

The Molton Brown stores and online also have them.

I buy the mini size sets as Xmas presents at this time of year. The girl in the MB shop gave me 3 mini 30mls as extras.

You're so lucky! Are people just nice in Belfast, or do you schmooze the sales staff in all the good beauty stores - if so, how?

I have learned that if you go in to a high end (beauty) shop looking well dressed, nice jewellery/hair/makeup/decent bag & not like a tourist, you get a lot more 'help' from the ladies. That's really bad, isn't it? Just cos I might be having a bad day or in my **** clothes, I still earn the same(which is all they are interested in) I'd never be like that if it was 'my shop'.
I did some time in JLP & was (imo) great with the customers & went over & above basic service.

Musing now - probably just me....Mr B & I used to do the odd boot sale, & 'my' customers received JLP service, much to their amusement! We always did well.

You're so lucky! Are people just nice in Belfast, or do you schmooze the sales staff in all the good beauty stores - if so, how?

I have learned that if you go in to a high end (beauty) shop looking well dressed, nice jewellery/hair/makeup/decent bag & not like a tourist, you get a lot more 'help' from the ladies. That's really bad, isn't it?

Yes! A couple of years ago I went into the John Lewis in Edinburgh to buy my friend some perfume for Christmas. It was a posh brand and I wanted the eau de parfum in a bigger bottle - £90 no less. I had just run in, had jeans, trainers, no jacket, no handbag, hair probably a mess, so not really your everyday JL perfume customer. Two women on the counter which was built around a pillar and they conveniently hid behind it chatting and ignoring me even though they had seen me. I ended up approaching another brand counter to see if they could get one of the women to serve me and was met with "give me a minute". No lady I'll give you F all and certainly not my £90. Straight to Jenners where a very nice young girl gift wrapped the perfume and it was £3 cheaper. You just don't know who might have money and every customer should count.

CC

Oh I hate snobby sales staff. There are lots of wealthy people who are as scruffy as sin and unless their faces are famous then who`se to know who`se worth ten bob and who`se worth 10 million just by looking at them ?
Every customer should receive the same service and an excellent one at that.
I remember years ago I was staying with my niece who lived in Windsor and she was going to Harrods straight from work for a beauty treatment. She worked in the City.
We arranged that I would catch the train into London and make my way to meet her at Harrods and we`d eat out. I got there early and went up to the floor where she was having her treatment. I was ignored and treated as if I didn`t exist as customers were whisked past me as the woman in charge fawned and kissed their backsides.
When I finally got to speak to her to ask if my niece was still in there I was almost shooed away with a wave of the hand.
This was 30 year or more ago and I`ll never forget that snobby cow who was in charge of the beauty dept but ironically on the same day,in the same clothes of trousers, jumper and waterproof jacket and with the same Northern Lancashire accent, I visited their jewellery dept which had diamonds and stones worth many thousands of pounds and the dept oozed luxury and had a right chin wag and laugh with the guy in charge. Goes to show how some sales staff take prospective customers seriously and treat them well and how other sales staff are so full of self importance they forget they work for a living just like the rest of us.

It's an Irish thing or rather a Northern Ireland thing. I just chat and they usually chat back. I nipped into the city centre MB store after getting the diabetes eye test, so no makeup and red looking eyes. Said to the girl behind the counter, I know I missed the freebies with purchase. She said no problems I can give you some minis. She did the same with a woman behind me who bought one of the duos at £28.

It's an Irish thing or rather a Northern Ireland thing. I just chat and they usually chat back. I nipped into the city centre MB store after getting the diabetes eye test, so no makeup and red looking eyes. Said to the girl behind the counter, I know I missed the freebies with purchase. She said no problems I can give you some minis. She did the same with a woman behind me who bought one of the duos at £28.

I’d love to come shopping with you :clapping::giggle::rock:

Have you seen the Molton Brown shower gel trio which is a One Time Only today (SCW posted earlier)? £36.95 inc P&P.

Yes! A couple of years ago I went into the John Lewis in Edinburgh to buy my friend some perfume for Christmas. It was a posh brand and I wanted the eau de parfum in a bigger bottle - £90 no less.

Can I be your friend?

Yes! A couple of years ago I went into the John Lewis in Edinburgh to buy my friend some perfume for Christmas. It was a posh brand and I wanted the eau de parfum in a bigger bottle - £90 no less.

Can I be your friend?

LOL, of course! She had done a lot for me that year and treated me no end so I wanted to buy her something nice. I don't always spend that much.

CC

Every time I've ever bought Molton Brown, in one of their shops, a concession or at an airport, I've always received a few of the mini bottles, It's good customer service & introduces people to different fragrances. My husband greets everyone with "How are you?", occasionally it backfires & he hears all about their mother's bad leg & the fact that the dog has become a fussy eater but it shows that he's interested. There can't be anyone who likes snooty sales staff; I was in Rackhams many years ago (it was THE place to shop in Birmingham) & heard one say "p*&s orff", I was with my mum & as we walked away she said that she never spelt it with an r, the woman's face was a picture.

I dont dress up at all these days in fact I look like a bag lady lol...bought a nail varnish at the Dior counter in JL I got triple the price in samples the sales lady was so lovely. I will always go back and buy my goodies

Latest posts

Back