hair product demos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Will someone please save us from these 'before' and 'after' demos of hair products ??

Straight frizzy hair suddenly morphs into salon fresh hair do. I find it hard to believe that those studio idiots believe we'd fall for such a con.

Clearly the 'after' faffing with the over theatrical sprays of hair stuff, and hand fluffing by some bloke, is the biggest scam of all. The hair has obviously been in rollers for hours to give it bounce, yet we are to believe that a couple of spritz from a can of gunk and we too can have 'big' hair.

I challenge them to have me in the studio after walking the dog in damp weather, when my hair is plastered to my scalp, and see if their can of miracle spray will have me looking like the Hollywood Julia Roberts in next to no time. I think not.

Yes, damp, mist, drizzle, wind etc leave me looking so ghastly in the hair department that I doubt any of their miracle products would make an improvement although my friend used to swear by Ojon.

CC

The sad no makeup faces in the before photo really compounds the stress of the models day from hell. Then BANG! The after shot of sleek shiny hair and you are no longer sad and put your make up on.:dull::dull:

Some of the older models look worse in the after shots. Who honestly has their hair that bouffant?

CC

The thing that annoys me is when, apart from hair shows, do you ever the see the models with their hair looking like the before photo.

It's not just the hair. It's the same for the cosmetics... the light they shoot them in barefaced is designed to make them look dreadful, and so you think "wow" when you see the end result.

Yes, they think we're naive idiots who believe that any of these very attractive women, who earn their living by how they look, would step foot out of the door willingly in that state!

They would be far more persuasive if they showed us "normal" then their products used... if they genuinely believed in there being a difference!

They also try the same nonsense sometimes with "transforming" skincare - the ones with the more cosmetic result of blurring the skin. All too often I end up thinking the model looked better in the before shots, is that just me?

Yes, damp, mist, drizzle, wind etc leave me looking so ghastly in the hair department that I doubt any of their miracle products would make an improvement although my friend used to swear by Ojon.

CC

I must admit that Color Wow's Dreamcoat does help me enormously in this type of weather. I don't normally use it unless I'm going out in weather like this. It's the only thing that stops me going Crystal Tips x poodle!

AE, it doesn't work for me and I've about a 3/4 full size bottle in my cupboard. If you would like it free please pm me your addy and I will post. It will end up in the bin otherwise :mysmilie_59:

CC

Will someone please save us from these 'before' and 'after' demos of hair products ??

Straight frizzy hair suddenly morphs into salon fresh hair do. I find it hard to believe that those studio idiots believe we'd fall for such a con.

Clearly the 'after' faffing with the over theatrical sprays of hair stuff, and hand fluffing by some bloke, is the biggest scam of all. The hair has obviously been in rollers for hours to give it bounce, yet we are to believe that a couple of spritz from a can of gunk and we too can have 'big' hair.

I challenge them to have me in the studio after walking the dog in damp weather, when my hair is plastered to my scalp, and see if their can of miracle spray will have me looking like the Hollywood Julia Roberts in next to no time. I think not.

The 'demo's' are the biggest scam/ballsathon ever. Like anyone's gonna believe them!

Dennis the Tweak’d guest annoys me with the story of how he saved his Mum’s hair. He doesn’t spell it out but implies that her medical treatment would damage her hair but his magic potion saved it. Obviously I thought of chemo but might have been something less serious.

Anyway if Tweak’d has such powers he should be adding a “0” to his prices.

AE, it doesn't work for me and I've about a 3/4 full size bottle in my cupboard. If you would like it free please pm me your addy and I will post. It will end up in the bin otherwise :mysmilie_59:

CC

Thank you, CC. That's very nice of you. I'll Paypal you something for it. I'm just off out but I'll PM you later.

Latest posts

Back