Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As my old Mum would say "she needs a good meal inside her". There's something to be said for being so thin as JF is, if in fact she is suffering from something she cannot shake off. As we get older its harder to recover from an illness, and being very slender is not always a good thing. Salads won't build up the immune system. We know she doesn't cook so its down to her husband to keep her well nourished.

For some time now she would be speaking her presentation and be clearly sucking a sweet at the same time, so perhaps there are issues there.

Funny enough I was wondering that today, haven't seen her for ages but haven't been watching that much Q, perhaps she is having a lengthy holiday,

I caught whooping cough a couple of years ago and that took three months to get over. At one point I was in the coughing frenzy and couldnt get any air into my lungs so I honestly thought my heart was going to pack up. The coughing affected my throat and voice and eventually the force of the spasms made me strain my intercostal muscles. I had to go back to the doctor to get painkillers it was so painful. So something like that could easily keep you off work on TV.

I know Mazza, I have had a chest and sinus infection for the last 3 weeks and I hurt my intercostal muscles with coughing. I have to be careful as I have had pneumonia 4 times so there is some scarring on my lungs and I am resistant to Amoxicillin so have to be careful that a chest infection clears up without the Doxycycline I have to use if necessary.

I know Mazza, I have had a chest and sinus infection for the last 3 weeks and I hurt my intercostal muscles with coughing. I have to be careful as I have had pneumonia 4 times so there is some scarring on my lungs and I am resistant to Amoxicillin so have to be careful that a chest infection clears up without the Doxycycline I have to use if necessary.

Lp and Mazza, you have my full sympathy. I suffered with bronchitis a lot and last February had it for a whole month, it was awful. They’ve now told me it’s adult on set Asthma so gave me an inhaler called Fostair and touch wood, I’ve not coughed as much in the morning, it’s gone from an hour in the morning to a minute, so my lungs are scarred too. Anyone suffering chest infections have my full sympathy.

There have been a few posts on Facebook QVC and people saying they read she would be returning in a few weeks. Now, this is every few weeks it is asked and answered but not by the social media team.

Lp and Mazza, you have my full sympathy. I suffered with bronchitis a lot and last February had it for a whole month, it was awful. They’ve now told me it’s adult on set Asthma so gave me an inhaler called Fostair and touch wood, I’ve not coughed as much in the morning, it’s gone from an hour in the morning to a minute, so my lungs are scarred too. Anyone suffering chest infections have my full sympathy.

I have had a lot of chest infections, bronchitis and lastly pleurisy. Suffering so many times I ended up with Atrial Fibrillation.

Hope she's OK. I've been critical of her in the past but having had an "invisible" quite serious illness myself for years if Jill isn't well then I send her all my best. It's not nice when you are actually ill but people are dismissive because it's not obvious.

CC

Alison Keenan said the other week she is in the scheuled to be back within the next few weeks but that never happened

I heard Ali comment about Jill coming back to work I didn’t note just how long ago it was though, but she is on the TV guide for next week.

Yes, but you would have thought Q Towers would have put a message up or a mention in another's blog. As people will be interested and like others have stated even if you do not necessairly like their 'unique' presenting style, you still don't wish ill on the person, so it would be nice to know that she was OK. I am of course aware that privacy is probably warranted but still, it would be nice to know that she is OK (ish) or indeed if she has left. What does 'puzzle me' though is that her name is still shown on the TV Guide!

Yes, but you would have thought Q Towers would have put a message up or a mention in another's blog. As people will be interested and like others have stated even if you do not necessairly like their 'unique' presenting style, you still don't wish ill on the person, so it would be nice to know that she was OK. I am of course aware that privacy is probably warranted but still, it would be nice to know that she is OK (ish) or indeed if she has left. What does 'puzzle me' though is that her name is still shown on the TV Guide!

Q won't say anything, they didn't when Miceal was off ill.

If she IS ill, then surely a few words from her on her blog would end speculation. Something in the vein of " not feeling up to par at the moment and thank everyone for their concern, but looking forward to getting back to work shortly". Its not rocket science and wouldn't exactly be infringing on privacy - she could have anything from a rash to carbuncles, it wouldn't matter to us.

If she IS ill, then surely a few words from her on her blog would end speculation. Something in the vein of " not feeling up to par at the moment and thank everyone for their concern, but looking forward to getting back to work shortly". Its not rocket science and wouldn't exactly be infringing on privacy - she could have anything from a rash to carbuncles, it wouldn't matter to us.

I think it's none of our business, personally. I certainly don't think there is any requirement at all to put something on those detestable blogs, or facebook or any other social media.

Assuming Jill is ill, it's hard enough to deal with in itself, never mind satisfying the curiosity of customers. If we went into our local high street store, we wouldn't be told about a staff member being off ill.

I think it's none of our business, personally. I certainly don't think there is any requirement at all to put something on those detestable blogs, or facebook or any other social media.

Assuming Jill is ill, it's hard enough to deal with in itself, never mind satisfying the curiosity of customers. If we went into our local high street store, we wouldn't be told about a staff member being off ill.

Totally agree! I am not being a cow but I was off work for quite a while & did not want anyone to know I was ill including relatives, friends, family etc I wanted & needed privacy, dignity & most of all, didn't want people worrying & getting upset. Luckily I had a great boss & HR team who kept my condition strictly confidential & even now I am well again, I still chose not to disclose details to anyone as it is MY business. This is how I cope & I understand totally that everyone is different & I also understand that people DID worry & were concerned but at the end of the day, when you are having a difficult time, the last thing some of us want is people pestering/visiting (even if well meant) The reason could also be a personal one & not necessarily an illness. I too get annoyed with Jills love of every single product, especially when she then asks how to use it but I do hope that whatever the reason for her absence, she is receiving support from the loved ones she wants it from & think she is showing great dignity for keeping quiet.

Totally agree! I am not being a cow but I was off work for quite a while & did not want anyone to know I was ill including relatives, friends, family etc I wanted & needed privacy, dignity & most of all, didn't want people worrying & getting upset. Luckily I had a great boss & HR team who kept my condition strictly confidential & even now I am well again, I still chose not to disclose details to anyone as it is MY business. This is how I cope & I understand totally that everyone is different & I also understand that people DID worry & were concerned but at the end of the day, when you are having a difficult time, the last thing some of us want is people pestering/visiting (even if well meant) The reason could also be a personal one & not necessarily an illness. I too get annoyed with Jills love of every single product, especially when she then asks how to use it but I do hope that whatever the reason for her absence, she is receiving support from the loved ones she wants it from & think she is showing great dignity for keeping quiet.

I am sorry you have been ill, but glad you were able to deal with it on your own terms, and with good support from those you had to share it with.

We can often surprise ourselves with what works best for us when dealing with adversity. To share or not to share? How much and how often to share?

I had a friend who did choose to share, and ended up getting upset all the time because others were upset by what she shared with them. I told her that others getting upset is their problem/issue, not hers... but that she should expect this sort of reaction if sharing. It goes with the territory that for every trooper who is a total rock in a crisis, there will be the self-indulgent types who turn your crisis into their drama.

I wish Jill well - whether it's illness or something else going on.

Yes of course it’s none of anyone’s business, but, and it’s a big but, QVC presenters draw a certain type of customer in with their sharing of their life, family, loves, almost making them their “friend” by the detestable Twitter and repulsive Facebook, you can’t pick and choose when you want to be in the public eye, but these people be it lonely or gullible, who think they’re QVCs best friend and of course a friend wants to know if their friend is unwell. QVC like you to think of yourself as family with their blogs etc (which I would never read if you gave me the next three winning lottery tickets) so yes it’s none of our business but no one should shoot someone down for asking, even caring. Me, I don’t really care one way or another if Jill Franks returns to QVC, but I certainly wouldn’t wish anyone ill health.

Latest posts

Back