Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A bit of an 'Oh Jill looks so well vs No, she looks frail on QVC Facebook page.'

I saw those but when I found her on a Cozee Home presentation she looked the same as usual & she could never have been described as robust. Different televisions with different settings?

Hi,

I saw her yesterday for the first time in ages. It wasn't just her voice that was different, her whole demeanor was. She seemed calmer and subdued.

I wondered if she'd had a recent breakdown of sorts? Previously I knew her to be really hyper and energetic in her presentation style; always gasping, breathing in sharply and manic in her delivery. Yesterday I was so surprised to see how she was and my first thought was; she's must be on some sort of anxiety medication or antidepressant.

Did anyone else think the same?

Saw her on Lola Rose, and yep, she's still gulping and sucking sweets, but as many of you say, she is speaking lower and slowly. And, judging by her face, I think she's been on steroids (or perhaps still is), as she is looking much fuller in the face, and it makes her look a lot more healthier. (I know about these things as I had to have a dose years ago, probably like many others)

I wish her well, being ill is awful and I'm glad she feels well enough to come back to work as long as she doesn't overdo it.

CC
You are nice. There are obviously a number of the sales assistants away for various reasons so maybe she's been given a phased return.

Phased returns are what a good employer does for you when you've been off for a while so I hope that's what Jill is doing but she shouldn't rush it if she's not ready as you can make it worse. I haven't seen her back on TV yet so I'll look out for her.

CC

Sorry to bring this thread up again but thought I would re-use it. Now, I am all for presenters looking smart which some of them dont, but I have noticed lately that Jill seems to be going OTT with her outfits. Just watching her on the Denim and Co hour and anyone would think she was going to some posh event. Now I do envy her that she can wear really tight leggings - which I cant - but they obviously dont sell them on QVC and she keeps looking at the monitor to check out how she is looking. Is anyone else noticing it or is it just me.

Quite a few times she looks as if she is about to go to a posh do her outfit is OTO.

Many years ago she was often seen in a baby pink strapless boned top (I never saw it below the waist as she was always sitting down), I think it might have had pearl beads over it which made it look more like a bridal thing than a work outfit. She is also very fond of one shoulder jobs - who the heck wears them at work? I’m nor entirely sure which film star or zelb she is modelling herself on.

Then at other times she looks as if she is going to pop into Harvey Nics for a coffee.

I notice quite a few is the (fill in the top/dress etc) JF wearing sold on QVC on Facebook. Shocked to see yes some of it is! Oh, and always sold out. The new high-end brands that QVC started selling Phase Eight etc.

She does tend to wear her own stuff, probably because the XS is too big, and there is always the big bulldog clip at the back to ensure a fit. Then of course I imagine her turning up the nose if she had to lower her standards to wear Nina Leonard/Kim / Renee and Anttony. She might give the impression that 'shes down to earth', but I imagine she's quite the snob.

I know its been mentioned before, but for someone who has issues with her spine, some sort of spondylitis, I find it jaw dropping that she insists on wearing the highest of heels - hardly great for the back, and this from someone who is into a healthy lifestyle - loves her Spirina and does a lot of running.

The two presenters I can’t watch are Flint and Franks. Flint, because apart from her market stall approach, her breathing drives me nuts! She takes a breath and just keeps on going till it runs out with no attempt at phrasing. I find myself having to pace my own breathing waiting for her to gasp or pass out. Has anyone else noticed? Maybe it’s just me.
Franks is all round irritating but after reading posts about her transformation I watched a bit last night and sure enough she seems to have had a personality transplant. Much quieter and calmer. Hope it lasts but still won’t tune in to find out. Too high risk. 😂

The two presenters I can’t watch are Flint and Franks. Flint, because apart from her market stall approach, her breathing drives me nuts! She takes a breath and just keeps on going till it runs out with no attempt at phrasing. I find myself having to pace my own breathing waiting for her to gasp or pass out. Has anyone else noticed? Maybe it’s just me.
Franks is all round irritating but after reading posts about her transformation I watched a bit last night and sure enough she seems to have had a personality transplant. Much quieter and calmer. Hope it lasts but still won’t tune in to find out. Too high risk. 😂
With me it’s Del Boy’s breathing as if she is on one of those 80’s sex phone lines, all breathy, I have visions of that sketch where the old dolls in PJs and slippers earning money saying things to punters whilst dunking their biccies in their Horlicks.😝

With me it’s Del Boy’s breathing as if she is on one of those 80’s sex phone lines, all breathy, I have visions of that sketch where the old dolls in PJs and slippers earning money saying things to punters whilst dunking their biccies in their Horlicks.😝

Oh I feel sick 🤢. Could you imagine Fibby Flint as any sort of sex worker 😂 “get yours now! How about two hands? half price on the second one” 🤮

Latest posts

Back