gosh they haven't had a tsv for ages
    Likes alter ego liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect Formula 7 Piece Collection

Attachment 17506
    Thanks alter ego thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t rate this brand, peels off my nails but their crystal nail files are the best on the market.
    Thanks Twilight thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It does peel off me after a few days but I've had a much better result with it than I had with Nail Envy (which also peeled off).

To be fair my hands were always in water so even gels would peel off me. I've recently discovered the joys (and annoyances) of rubber gloves. They've probably made a bigger difference than any paint-on product, but PF helped my nails when they broke following vertical ridges right down to the quick. I was using fabric plaster to protect the ends of my fingers until I used PF.
    Likes Loveinamist liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alter ego View Post
    It does peel off me after a few days but I've had a much better result with it than I had with Nail Envy (which also peeled off).

To be fair my hands were always in water so even gels would peel off me. I've recently discovered the joys (and annoyances) of rubber gloves. They've probably made a bigger difference than any paint-on product, but PF helped my nails when they broke following vertical ridges right down to the quick. I was using fabric plaster to protect the ends of my fingers until I used PF.
    Can you tell me more? I too have vertical ridges to the quick - seems to be permanent damage - maybe caused by over zealous cuticle pushing with a metal tool? Did it work for you? How do I fix mine? Yes, I use oil, & tend to avoid polish. I'd say I'm clued up re hands & nails, but guilty of over buffing (yes, I know...)
    How do I fix this?
    Likes alter ego , Pandora liked this post

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SisterBliss View Post
    Can you tell me more? I too have vertical ridges to the quick - seems to be permanent damage - maybe caused by over zealous cuticle pushing with a metal tool? Did it work for you? How do I fix mine? Yes, I use oil, & tend to avoid polish. I'd say I'm clued up re hands & nails, but guilty of over buffing (yes, I know...)
    How do I fix this?
    Looking for help too as I have the same problem with two nails, one on each hand.I have had this for a year now and no longer use nail polish as the free edge of my two nails keep catching on clothes,towels etc and file with a good crystal file only for it to happen again. Anyone got any good ideas?
    Likes alter ego , SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started noticing vertical ridges in my nails nearly 20 years ago. My old (excellent) GP ran a load of tests and concluded that my nails were ageing prematurely and he didn't usually see them go like that until menopause. Being the lovely gent he was he commented that my skin was still lovely and would probably stay good for many years (I like to think he was right!).

I noticed my toenails starting to ridge about 5-6 years ago, too.

I've tried all sorts in desperation. Superglue with layers of loo roll was one. I didn't care how it looked, just that it would stop them splitting along the ridge down to the quick. It bloody hurts! I tried gels but they just peeled cracked along the ridges.

It got so bad I was having to wrap fabric strapping plaster over the tops of the three fingers and thumb that the splitting's the worst just to allow it time to heal and grow past the quick.

I used Nail Envy (the clear pink one) from about last August until giving up in the New Year, gave it a few weeks then found an old bottle of pink Perfect Formula. I haven't used it now for the last month as it seems to have done something to strengthen them. They feel stronger and only one is still prone to splitting. I have no idea if it's the PF so I'm not using it to see if they start splitting again. If the do, I'll start with the PF and see if it stops them again.

Many years ago I had terrible peeling and soft nails. I used Mavala Scientifique for about a year and have never had it since. No idea if it was a fluke or the Mavala stuff but it seems too much of a coincidence to have not been.

Ladies with ridged and splitting nails, I feel your pain. Good luck.

PS The top-come-brush is a pain. There are many complaints about it on the reviews. It's about time they did something about it.
    Thanks Twilight , Pandora thanked for this post
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alter ego thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I swear by Leighton Denny Renovate better for me a moisturising cream to rub into the nails than these that are painted on.

Thanks Tarketta thanked for this post
    Likes alter ego liked this post