Summary of this mornings shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Today I have learn't on QVC, that Debbie (Feel good hour (jury's open)), has had hip operations and has bunions, thanks for the {over}share and the more I hear about pearls and how they are formed and made the less likely I am to wear them. I mean the presenters this morning were going on about how difficult it was for liquid pearls to be 'made'/'formed' and it was almost distressing for me to hear. I mean it sounds like torture for the poor oysters. I mean 'sliced in half' and part of the flesh put back in, so that it could form a liquid. I mean is that really what people want to wear. I am not and never will be a vegetarian, but even to me this sounds like horrible and unnecessary torture, just so humans can 'get what they want'. No, I have these same thoughts about Propolis, as this is what helps keeps the bees naturally 'disease free', in nature, if people are going to start taking this away so that humans can use it in their health care, then is this perhaps not going to have a 'negative effect' in that bees will not be able to keep healthy, thus they will die and therefore not be able to propagate and deliver honey (which is there reason for beeing (sorry couldn't resist)). There has been reports regarding the reduction of bees, no-one has yet (to my knowledge), put this down to over harvesting of Propolis!

Rant over

I have never heard of oysters being sliced in half! I had to get online to see what's what. The page I read said oysters are prised open by technicians and that it is done gently. Of course, I think this page was on a pearl company's website..... But I always thought it was 100% natural without any intervention.

I have never heard of oysters being sliced in half! I had to get online to see what's what. The page I read said oysters are prised open by technicians and that it is done gently. Of course, I think this page was on a pearl company's website..... But I always thought it was 100% natural without any intervention.

No 'farmed pearls' are by an irritant placed inside them, so that they then develop a 'shield to protect', hence then the pearl. Re-reading I sound like a 'mad advocate' against the pearl industry, I am not (really), but if something has to be 'farmed by harm' and it is for the fashion industry is it really fair?!

Yorkrose, I had never thought of it that way, but I fear you are right about farmed pearls... and I had never made the connection between the plight of bees and the craze for royal jelly and propolis!

I don't imagine that forcing open the oyster is ever possible to be done gently.

Yorkrose, I had never thought of it that way, but I fear you are right about farmed pearls... and I had never made the connection between the plight of bees and the craze for royal jelly and propolis!

I don't imagine that forcing open the oyster is ever possible to be done gently.

The reason I looked into it was my namesake Adele from SBC was so 'impassioned' about her products, that it made me think, I read some very interesting articles on the back of that, not good!

Latest posts

Back