New presenter brag warning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Chuntley has started banging on about her daughter playing in Glastonbury.

Do you reckon Queen Julia or AK will try to on-screen out-brag her?

Said it before, say it again but what these personal brags have to do with selling I have no idea. I wonder if the bigwigs think it makes the audience warm to them? It just pisses me off and/or bores me to the point of switching off.

Get on with decent presentations PLEASE! Colours (preferably correct), sizes (please stop mixing them up), brand ambassadors who know the product (STOP talking over them!), show us the ****** item (NOT your family albums!!).

We would be very strange parents if we were not proud of our children's achievements but there's a time & a place, unfortunately that place isn't in Chiswick because the sales staff at the Q obviously have free range to do & say everything they want. I don't know if CHuntley's aware that many QVC customers have little or no interest in Glastonbury or the fact that her daughter won a competition to play at the festival. However, I'm interested in whether I'm going to buy something & ultimately that pays money into her bank account.

Oh god, and so it starts!! Did Chuntley say anything about said daughter packing QVC fashion, Peony flowers for her hair and plenty of Ultrasun?

Are we to assume that photo is her and the daughter taken some years ago at Glastonbury, if so is that a purple tattoo she had covering her chesticles?

Anyone else might have picked a photo of themselves with clothes on but not chuntley

Frankly, little as I like the look of the latest intake of Q presenters, I think Q need to put most of the old lot out to pasture. Maybe then they could try to instill a bit of discipline and restraint into the remainder.

They are there to do a job. It's quite simple.
They are paid for the hours they present to sell products for the brands whose hours they are presenting.
They are supposed to be giving us sizing, colours, and other relevant information about the products being sold... like what's it made of, how do you care for it etc.
They are not there to sell their side-hustles (writing, b&bs or whatever).
They are not there to bore us all rigid with inane anecdotes about their weddings/homes/birthdays/children/grandchildren/holidays/friends.
They are not there to read out tweets complimentary to themselves... the purpose of reading out tweets should be to answer the tweeter's questions, or the tweeter's testimonial about the products being presented or the brand in general.

It wasn't perfect when I started watching in 2009, but my goodness has the attitude, the relevance, quality and value for money gone down hill in the past 10 years!

If I want to hear all the rubbish the presenters are spouting when they are paid to do a proper job of selling, they can stick it on their own twitter/facebook/instagram/blog, where I can choose to engage with it or not.

I swear they are all getting more and more self-absorbed by the day, never mind the year.

If you think the bragging is bad today - then I've news for you all.

The younger Ms Chuntley is appearing on QVC tomorrow (Wednesday), so keep your eyes peeled.

Frankly, little as I like the look of the latest intake of Q presenters, I think Q need to put most of the old lot out to pasture. Maybe then they could try to instill a bit of discipline and restraint into the remainder.

They are there to do a job. It's quite simple.
They are paid for the hours they present to sell products for the brands whose hours they are presenting.
They are supposed to be giving us sizing, colours, and other relevant information about the products being sold... like what's it made of, how do you care for it etc.
They are not there to sell their side-hustles (writing, b&bs or whatever).
They are not there to bore us all rigid with inane anecdotes about their weddings/homes/birthdays/children/grandchildren/holidays/friends.
They are not there to read out tweets complimentary to themselves... the purpose of reading out tweets should be to answer the tweeter's questions, or the tweeter's testimonial about the products being presented or the brand in general.

It wasn't perfect when I started watching in 2009, but my goodness has the attitude, the relevance, quality and value for money gone down hill in the past 10 years!

If I want to hear all the rubbish the presenters are spouting when they are paid to do a proper job of selling, they can stick it on their own twitter/facebook/instagram/blog, where I can choose to engage with it or not.

I swear they are all getting more and more self-absorbed by the day, never mind the year.

MML, PLEASE send this to the CEO at Chiswick, it sums everything up nicely.

The younger Ms Chuntley is appearing on QVC tomorrow (Wednesday), so keep your eyes peeled.

I'm sure that Ms Huntley the Elder, that's my new name for her, is proud of her daughter but her music isn't exactly uplifting. Interesting to read that she worked at the Q & looking at her lofty job title tells you a lot about how & why the sales staff are allowed to get away with so much rubbish.

It was interesting yesterday to hear Chuntley mention living in a Bungalow considering that we've been informed each step of the way for the last year or so on her "House build", "I'm building my own House" etc..Unless she just hasn't got round to building the upstairs yet.

I'm sure that Ms Huntley the Elder, that's my new name for her, is proud of her daughter but her music isn't exactly uplifting. Interesting to read that she worked at the Q & looking at her lofty job title tells you a lot about how & why the sales staff are allowed to get away with so much rubbish.

Just shows how sycophantic some people are - the messages on her blog are vomit inducing in their brown nosing gushing praise.

I've read various messages over time to the various presenters on their blogs, and I'm open mouthed at how hero worshipping they are. Do these people expect to be BFF with these shop assistants ?

It was interesting yesterday to hear Chuntley mention living in a Bungalow considering that we've been informed each step of the way for the last year or so on her "House build", "I'm building my own House" etc..Unless she just hasn't got round to building the upstairs yet.

I wonder if this is a "take with a pinch of salt" statement. Think about the realities - she has to be within easy travelling distance of London for her job, and the prices of property let alone land to build a property around the capital, are astronomical, so unless she earns more than the Prime Minister (and she doesn't work for the BBC !!!) then I believe this is being economical with the truth. Of course she may be building a house a couple of hundred miles away from the capital or surrounding area, and does a long distance commute, but I tend to doubt it, or we'd be constantly hearing on how troublesome her journeys are - like Flinty on her returns from Devon.

I think they should change the name to “QVCs Got No Talent” The shop is full of unpublished authors, failed entertainers etc, after all, they’ve all ready got Amanda Hold’em :mysmilie_3:

I wonder if this is a "take with a pinch of salt" statement. Think about the realities - she has to be within easy travelling distance of London for her job, and the prices of property let alone land to build a property around the capital, are astronomical, so unless she earns more than the Prime Minister (and she doesn't work for the BBC !!!) then I believe this is being economical with the truth. Of course she may be building a house a couple of hundred miles away from the capital or surrounding area, and does a long distance commute, but I tend to doubt it, or we'd be constantly hearing on how troublesome her journeys are - like Flinty on her returns from Devon.

I'm just nit-picking that she constantly referred to the property as a 'house' and what was wrong with saying 'bungalow' or just new home? It must be a Linny-nit-picking-day!

Chuntley has started banging on about her daughter playing in Glastonbury.

Do you reckon Queen Julia or AK will try to on-screen out-brag her?

Said it before, say it again but what these personal brags have to do with selling I have no idea. I wonder if the bigwigs think it makes the audience warm to them? It just pisses me off and/or bores me to the point of switching off.

Get on with decent presentations PLEASE! Colours (preferably correct), sizes (please stop mixing them up), brand ambassadors who know the product (STOP talking over them!), show us the ****** item (NOT your family albums!!).

I don't know JR has been doing it for what seems like 'forever', they all go on about their children and whilst yes people do talk about their families at work even in this type of environment, surely they know that that is 'behind the scenes' and not to the few people that are watching at any one time!

Bungalow would be a good name for CHuntley herself - absolutely nothing upstairs!

FFS! WTAF????? WHY???? and more importantly, HOW? (ah, oh yes, of course.)

Wasn’t Junior a production assistant at Q a year or so ago.

According to Senior it is BIMM she is going to - surprised it is Uk and not one of their other cities so Senior could go all things Irish/Dutch/German when she gets fed up with Scotland.

If Junior ever gets married I bet Senior will be the MoB from hell, wearing a white wedding dress etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back