Cbd oil on qvc uk!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Celia281

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone - I’ve seen on QVC Facebook in the UK are going to be selling CBD Oil? Seems like they are keeping up
With new trends. Thoughts!? Anyone bought? Reviews?

Thanks

A friend swears by it, but her son in law buys it online. The last one he bought and loves does not agree with her. So be aware not all CBD oils are the same. The new one went for her breathing and kept choking even with just one drop.

A friend swears by it, but her son in law buys it online. The last one he bought and loves does not agree with her. So be aware not all CBD oils are the same. The new one went for her breathing and kept choking even with just one drop.

So does the oil chill you out a bit then?

We need the site clever cloggs' on this, or someone who knows someone? Akimbo, Twilight, or Shoppy...(yoooo-hooooooo!)

Typically, I'm aware of the skin benefits when an oil is used topically. I do know that some (including Space NK!!) try to pass off hemp oil as a canabid, but I don't (yet) know how to tell the difference.

What Donna writes about her friends breathing sounds really concerning. Be very careful if buying online, & if you have an existing medical condition you must speak to a GP (no,not an online one!) first. If you are scared of doing that, ask, or telephone a nice pharmacist, I wouldn't recommend Boots. Go with care , my lovelies.

We need the site clever cloggs' on this, or someone who knows someone? Akimbo, Twilight, or Shoppy...(yoooo-hooooooo!)

Typically, I'm aware of the skin benefits when an oil is used topically. I do know that some (including Space NK!!) try to pass off hemp oil as a canabid, but I don't (yet) know how to tell the difference.

What Donna writes about her friends breathing sounds really concerning. Be very careful if buying online, & if you have an existing medical condition you must speak to a GP (no,not an online one!) first. If you are scared of doing that, ask, or telephone a nice pharmacist, I wouldn't recommend Boots. Go with care , my lovelies.

CBD is really Cannabidiol which is one of the many compounds found in the Cannabis plant. However, it doesn't produce the 'high' that people get from another compound called THC (correct name is HUGE). People like CBD because it provides them with pain relief without the side effects of other analgesics. It's now thought that it can help many different conditions - acne, diabetes, heart issues, ms, mental health concerns & even cancer syptoms. The CBD is mixed with a carrier oil so the amount received is tiny, I know someone whose daughter believes her life has been transformed by taking it, the jury's still out as far as her mum's concerned. Being fairly cynical I wonder how one substance can be beneficial for so many illnesses.

I have been trying various different CBD oils and capsules to see if they help my very high pain levels.

I can't say I have noticed any reduction in pain.

All the ones I have tried have said 2 drops 3 times a day and very slowly increasing.

The QVC one is not only more expensive than many others, it says "5 to 10 drops 3 times a day" so it would last much less time.

Many people DO say THEY get great results so I think all things are worth a try.

Maybe a good one to have the 30 day money back guarantee...…..

I don’t know anyone who has taken CBD oil for pain relief to have had any improvement in their pain levels

My neighbours take it regularly and say it helps with aches and pains so we tried it once and it made me feel sick as the taste was vile. But we are all different and I would say what someone else mentioned ask questions at doctors or chemist before you try it. And try a Health store as you can get it a lot cheaper than the one on Q but there are different strengths.

I hope anyone who’s considering taking it checks with their GP first. I personally would never try anything like this, there are shops selling this popping up everywhere just selling CBD, even Steve Bennett sells it on his Primal Cure channel I’ve noticed while flicking through the channels, so to me it’s coming across as a bit of a fad, just be careful what you put in your body without checking it out first.

My friend has arthritis in the spine and pains in her legs. She swore it did help her also her breathing? That was until the newest brand disagreed with her. Her son in law bought in bulk and it worked out just under £40 per bottle. No idea how much it would cost if buying just one bottle? It was a dropper and you put directly on the back of your tongue.

CBD oil is an absolute minefield, I've been taking it for nearly a year and have only just got my head round strengths and dosages as different places use different desciptions. QVC's offering is fairly strong and no surprise here, at that stregnth costs more than most other places. It works for me, I have Trigemninal Neuralgia, one of the most painful conditions a person can have. The NHS has put me on 5 different medications, mostly epileptic drugs and I get side effects from all, normal pain killers including opioids have no effect on TN so I am grateful for CBD oil. My doc knows I use it and didn't balk or comment, the NHS have medical marijuana approval now but they won't give it out. It does work if taken correctly, at dosage that suits your condition and helps BUT and it this is really significant and explains the confusion, it doesn't work for all, so as the adage goes, what works for some, won't work for others. CBD oil has been proved to have a real effect on epilietic and neurological conditions.

Copied from an aticle and better explains than I can

"CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is one of 104 chemical compounds found in the marijuana plant. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive substance found in cannabis. Unlike cannabis oil, which often contains high levels of THC, CBD contains less than 0.3% of the psychoactive substance."

There's a lot if disapproval surrounding CBD because of the cannabis connection but it is not the same. I know the jury's still out for some people but it works for me and I know it does because without it I have immense pain and as I can't take any of the NHS recommended medications I'm staying with it. It takes a while to get the right dosage and time for it to work, around 2 months for me.
And please excuse all my typos on my last post, too late to edit to correct.

10% is quite high when compared with what you can buy on the high street, sometimes that's only 1%, maybe up to 3%. I think the highest percentage you can buy online is 40%, because that is the highest strength permissible without going over the legal limit for THC content. I was recently listening to a Tim Lovejoy podcast with the owner of a company called Cannadox, which sells CBD oil online. Their prices are: 20% strength for 10ml is £119.99, 30% strength for 10ml is £149.99 and 40% strength for 10ml is £199.99. Would recommend listening to the podcast if you are interested in further information. I'm on the fence about it personally, I think it might help my stress levels, but am unsure whether to dip my toe in the water, so to speak.

Thank you - particularly to Loujareth, for the information. You have my sincere sympathy having trigeminal neuralgia. Nerve pain is the worst.

I am not impressed by the minimal amount of information on QVC, and can't help feeling that they are not the right sort of retailer for this product. They are all about sell-sell-sell, and I can see people getting pressured into buying it without all the necessary information, or advice from a healthcare professional. If it can give an adverse reaction including breathing difficulties, that's a very serious risk.

I have to wonder why, if it's approved on the NHS, they still won't prescribe it! Things don't get approved by NICE unless they are clinically effective, and cost-effective, and for those who have struggled to find adequate pain relief it seems bizarre that they won't prescribe it for patients who are in real need of an alternative.

My friend has arthritis in the spine and pains in her legs. She swore it did help her also her breathing? That was until the newest brand disagreed with her. Her son in law bought in bulk and it worked out just under £40 per bottle. No idea how much it would cost if buying just one bottle? It was a dropper and you put directly on the back of your tongue.

Any 'benefits' can /are often the placebo effect, even with conventional drugs. Double blind trials are the way to go if one needs to know for sure & not the Q 'clinical tests' based on less than 100 people, often less than 30!!!!!!! If even the placebo effect creates noticeable benefits however, I'm down with that. More research needed I think.

Not impressed after reading up on CBD oil. It seems that in some cases, doctors believe people are just experiencing a mild high, which is masking any symptoms you may have. Not sure that is the best way to deal with any medical issues. And apparently it can affect any prescription drugs you may be taking. I'm out!

My neighbours friend has terminal cancer and takes the marijuana oil. She gets it from a local apothecary type store. It costs them a small fortune. Her oncologist is ok with her having it and the shop was very thorough in explaining everything to them. She says her friend is no pain and her life has improved compared to how she was.

Thank you - particularly to Loujareth, for the information. You have my sincere sympathy having trigeminal neuralgia. Nerve pain is the worst.

I am not impressed by the minimal amount of information on QVC, and can't help feeling that they are not the right sort of retailer for this product. They are all about sell-sell-sell, and I can see people getting pressured into buying it without all the necessary information, or advice from a healthcare professional. If it can give an adverse reaction including breathing difficulties, that's a very serious risk.

I have to wonder why, if it's approved on the NHS, they still won't prescribe it! Things don't get approved by NICE unless they are clinically effective, and cost-effective, and for those who have struggled to find adequate pain relief it seems bizarre that they won't prescribe it for patients who are in real need of an alternative.

I agree with your comment about QVC being the right retailer when you consider the garbage they come out with sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
'This CBD Oil is a great addition to any morning routine'. QVC you make me laugh & I can hear the sales staff doing their habitual add on sales patter & tying this in with brushing your teeth with a sonic brush, using a lemon verbena shower product, putting on your spf & finally throwing on an easy to wear BUT oh so stylish maxi as you go out the door.

Latest posts

Back