Cbd oil on qvc uk!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If it’s part of “your daily routine “ is that why everyone at Q is not only a total t** but a high total t**.

Unless the pain was 500% worse than any possible side effects I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole especially from sally telly and would think more than twice from a doctor.

Disgrace Q is selling this, but hell why am I surprised

I agree Lati, I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole either. Sales must be so bad now at QVC they’ve got to start pushing drugs. I suppose that’s what happens when you don’t run a multi million pound company properly letting the lunatics take over the asylum.

I've just watched the video.

They make no claims for it whatsoever, and the same in the description.

As a result there are a number of questions asking what it is for, which QVC has pointedly not answered.

They can't make any medical claims for it by law, and the bottle says it is a "food supplement".

I've just come home from the weekly shopping trip, the Sainsburys we use is 6 miles away & the road before the retail park is dead dodgy to say the least. The council can't do anything about the buildings because they are listed(?) & originally it must have been beautiful, however, now it's full of takeaways, Turkish barber shops, tatty 'vintage' outlets, two fetish parlours, a scary pub &, as from this week a CBD seller. QVC you're up there with the best!

Sativex (cannabis spray) is available on the NHS for my condition but my neuro won't prescribe it. He'd rather me put on a plethora of pain relieving and nerve acting drugs that give me horrible side effects and will probably shorten my life.

Add to this the fight I have getting my consultant prescribed pain relief every month (some of my drugs are not supposed to be stopped suddenly), but every different GP signing my repeat off has their own opinion and I don't find out until the chemist drops them off whether I have them or not.

It would make me laugh if I wasn't so effing stressed and depressed every month as most of these GPs have never met me.

Maybe cannabis oil would help chill me out with my monthly battle if nothing else!

My old GP was no stranger to stress and depression himself and would tell me to go down the pub and get a couple of joints. He swore by it but was a smoker. I've never smoked and I'm not starting now. Got enough problems.

Sativex (cannabis spray) is available on the NHS for my condition but my neuro won't prescribe it. He'd rather me put on a plethora of pain relieving and nerve acting drugs that give me horrible side effects and will probably shorten my life.

Add to this the fight I have getting my consultant prescribed pain relief every month (some of my drugs are not supposed to be stopped suddenly), but every different GP signing my repeat off has their own opinion and I don't find out until the chemist drops them off whether I have them or not.

It would make me laugh if I wasn't so effing stressed and depressed every month as most of these GPs have never met me.

Maybe cannabis oil would help chill me out with my monthly battle if nothing else!

My old GP was no stranger to stress and depression himself and would tell me to go down the pub and get a couple of joints. He swore by it but was a smoker. I've never smoked and I'm not starting now. Got enough problems.

Aw I’m sorry you’re feeling so stressed, it’s not fair is it. I know exactly what you mean about prescriptions though, it annoys me the way money comes before a patients health, people have to be in pain to save a couple of quid, hope you feel better soon ae and yes of course you must do what’s needed to get you through the day, except smoke, never smoke.

www.simply-cbd.co.uk are one of the cheapest retailers of the oil in the UK and all profits are ploughed into their animal shelter for sick and disabled dogs. There is a FB page and they are very responsive to queries.

www.simply-cbd.co.uk are one of the cheapest retailers of the oil in the UK and all profits are ploughed into their animal shelter for sick and disabled dogs. There is a FB page and they are very responsive to queries.

I use Simply cbd most of the time - from simplyCBD the same strength oil is £20 cheaper than QVC sells.

It has to be legally listed as a food supplement now, recent changes. Also contrary to peoples perceptions, it doe's not make you high, there isn't enough THC in CBD to make any difference. It's illegal in the UK to sell CBD that has above 0.3% THC in it as anything above makes it a class B drug. Sativex -medical marijihana has high THC which will make you high but the NHS have only given it out to very few so far since it's been allowed here. Rightly so and it's mostlty because the medical profession don't know enough about it so definently it's needs to be clarified before it's sorted. CBD oil contains benefits cannabis gives without the high, hence people using it. The drugs that are given out to pepople with heavy ailments by the NHS are far more dangerous than CBD oil. Obviously there needs to be more facts but believe me when you are in utter agony (Trigeminal Neuralgia, known as a condition where people experience the highest levels of pain they can have- go google) and CBD works as NHS meds make you extremely ill, even the doctors have taken me off them, I'll take CBD.

Aw I’m sorry you’re feeling so stressed, it’s not fair is it. I know exactly what you mean about prescriptions though, it annoys me the way money comes before a patients health, people have to be in pain to save a couple of quid, hope you feel better soon ae and yes of course you must do what’s needed to get you through the day, except smoke, never smoke.

Our GP practice is a disgrace. My BIL had a letter yesterday asking him to contact the surgery as a matter of urgency as results from a test suggest cancer. A letter! Sent second class! He went straight over as he only lives a minute away and was told he couldn't see a doctor today, he'll have to ring on Monday.

If, like me, he gets beaten to the lines by other patients, he'll have to call on Tuesday. My sister has already typed her letter of complaint.

Our GP practice is a disgrace. My BIL had a letter yesterday asking him to contact the surgery as a matter of urgency as results from a test suggest cancer. A letter! Sent second class! He went straight over as he only lives a minute away and was told he couldn't see a doctor today, he'll have to ring on Monday.

If, like me, he gets beaten to the lines by other patients, he'll have to call on Tuesday. My sister has already typed her letter of complaint.

That’s an absolute disgrace. My GP Surgery is quite quick on things like this so I suppose we’re lucky, it’s like a postcode lottery as to wether you get a good doctors or a bad one. Hope you can find a better Surgery and tell them why you’ve changed doctors.

That’s an absolute disgrace. My GP Surgery is quite quick on things like this so I suppose we’re lucky, it’s like a postcode lottery as to wether you get a good doctors or a bad one. Hope you can find a better Surgery and tell them why you’ve changed doctors.

Unfortunately, we're pretty rural so other surgeries either won't take as they have the same problems of too many patients for the area plus the travelling would be too much.

Thank you for the thoughts, though.

CBD oil is an absolute minefield, I've been taking it for nearly a year and have only just got my head round strengths and dosages as different places use different desciptions. QVC's offering is fairly strong and no surprise here, at that stregnth costs more than most other places. It works for me, I have Trigemninal Neuralgia, one of the most painful conditions a person can have. The NHS has put me on 5 different medications, mostly epileptic drugs and I get side effects from all, normal pain killers including opioids have no effect on TN so I am grateful for CBD oil. My doc knows I use it and didn't balk or comment, the NHS have medical marijuana approval now but they won't give it out. It does work if taken correctly, at dosage that suits your condition and helps BUT and it this is really significant and explains the confusion, it doesn't work for all, so as the adage goes, what works for some, won't work for others. CBD oil has been proved to have a real effect on epilietic and neurological conditions.

Oh gosh, you have my sincerest sympathy - a friend of mine has TN and I know what a truly hideous condition it is :(
She's considering going privately to have brain surgery, the pain and attacks are so extreme...
So I'm glad that CBD oil gives a little relief...

I have neuropathic pain but luckily for me a morphine derivative and epilepsy drugs do help me - and the side effects are bearable and worth it most of the time.

My 14 year old niece has Compiex regional pain syndrome and they've tried everything to help her pain and other symptoms but nothing is working. Then at her team review appointment last week they suggested she start CBD oil. They can't prescribe it but are sort of telling her to take it. But it's a minefield and not sure where to start really...
I wouldn't buy it from QVC without a lot more information provided!

I wonder if Q goes to a 'bandwagon' confarance, and see which latest ones it can ride. Whilst popular now, until it has been fully tested and deemed 'safe', will I only then try it. I am on medical painkillers and have been for a while, I don't however feel that this 'herbal strength' is going to be strong enough (or the right strain) for what I need. Suppose as always it is 'horses for courses' (not horse-meat obviously as that would clearly be wrong)!!

I wonder if Q goes to a 'bandwagon' confarance, and see which latest ones it can ride. Whilst popular now, until it has been fully tested and deemed 'safe', will I only then try it. I am on medical painkillers and have been for a while, I don't however feel that this 'herbal strength' is going to be strong enough (or the right strain) for what I need. Suppose as always it is 'horses for courses' (not horse-meat obviously as that would clearly be wrong)!!

I'm sure they do - we see them racing to catch up with all sorts of trends. Clearly, it seems to me, they never stopped to question the wisdom or ethics of getting into providing this product. This does not appear to be a simple supplement at all, based on the excellent information posted by other forumites. The true main benefit of this product appears to be as a tacitly supported medical supplement for those sufferers who have found little to no relief from pain.

I think we can all appreciate the irony that medical professionals know this choice is out there for their patients, but cannot officially prescribe or recommend it... instead they have to offer options which are less effective and have more side-effects. How often have we, or our loved ones, ended up with a cocktail list of medications? The first one to treat the actual symptoms, and the subsequent ones to treat the side-effects of the previous medication!

More research is undoubtedly needed, so they fully understand who is likely to benefit the most, and who is likely to be at risk from taking the product. And I can definitely say that I wouldn't want to be taking a product such as this unless my medical professional was aware at least... it would be better if it could be taken fully supported by a medical professional. I'm sure that day will come, so it's understandable that if you are in intense and/or chronic pain situations, that you would do your own research and take the plunge.

If this can be beneficial to a group of people who cannot get pain relief from any conventional options, and with fewer side effects, I do believe it should be properly available to them as soon as possible. But I believe it is irresponsible for retailers to be selling it without being able to provide any clear information for legal reasons.

This report in The Observer (Sunday 14 July) makes interesting reading.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/14/cannabis-painkiller-cbd-oil-yorkshire

I know where I'd prefer to get my CBD oil from (and it's not QVC!).

Here's an article on the BBC website https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48950483.

One quote from the article:
Alongside reputable sellers, the rapid growth of the industry has attracted "CBD cowboys" - opportunists trying to make a quick profit - according to Mark Reinders, president of the European Hemp Industry Association.
Another disturbing quote:
The researchers also found the presence in seven products of the solvent dichloromethane, which can cause wheezing and shortness of breath, at levels above food safety limits.
which does bear out experiences reported here.

This quote is, for me, the shocker:
There is no legal requirement for these products to be tested, though some companies say they have rigorous testing regimes.

There are more worrying quotes in the article, so please don't just rely on the ones I've picked out. Lot's of food for thought, as so many on here have indicated.

CBD oil gives a great pain relief feelings after he's got a trauma playing pro football.

But of course, it all depends on quality of CBD you purchase.

CBD Oil

Now that CBD Oil is being sold everywhere, from being in foodstuffs to muscle rubs, and a company selling it on QVC, it was interesting to read an in depth article about the stuff in the press today.

Suffering with painful arthritic aches, I have been sorely tempted to buy into the promise of relief by some of the products.

I am now glad I haven't, because it seems that over the counter CBD oils are just a waste of money. Those sold online or over the counter contain between 2 and 10% CBD, but a much higher concentration is needed to have any therapeutic effect. In fact the experts maintain that a whole bottle full would have to be drunk before any benefits could be gained. And it was discovered by researchers that one 30ml bottle retailing for £90 contained no CBD at all !

The full article is in the health section of the Sunday Mail. I wonder if the buyers at QVC will have read it.

I’ve been tempted to try it in the past. A colleague has been taking it for a over a year and swears by it.a relative brings it back from abroad for her

Holland and Barrett have been selling it for a while but low % .
I saw boots had quite a big selection of CBD products a couple of days ago all varying prices and concentrations.

Bumping this to make it easier to find. Seems Ideal World are now getting in on the CBD oil trend/craze...

Given that we have some interesting posts from people who have used the product, it might help others.

Latest posts

Back