Shay & Blue TSV 27/07/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Give or take a couple of pence, it is £40 for four. They say the saving is £60 because they are £25 each on the SB website, which is true. But you would be mad to pay that when a 30ml bottle costs £30..

I shall treat myself to this when the AD comes up.

Give or take a couple of pence, it is £40 for four. They say the saving is £60 because they are £25 each on the SB website, which is true. But you would be mad to pay that when a 30ml bottle costs £30..

I shall treat myself to this when the AD comes up.

The RRP is silly, I agree. £10 each for these, though ... hmmm ... I am tempted as well but have to be realistic and remind myself I still haven’t opened the last S&B bottle I got from QVC and I only really like two in each four of the fragrances. Knowing me, I’ll keep the page tab open a while longer, however.

I am basically getting it as a Try Me. As I said upthread I do like these sizes for when you go out and can put a bottle in the make up bag. Sometimes the design of a 50ml perfume means it is too big to take with you, thank you Marc Jacobs. If I'm not keen, I shall just use it at home or wear it out with sufficient false confidence, lol. And I hope this trying of a perfume wardrobe works better for me that the awful experience I had with Tova. I still reel at the memory of those scents. I feel like a bit of Summer frippery though.

(Speaking of which, and not wishing to derail the thread so I shan't burble on, I have spotted a good MB collection, 238713. Even better if it goes to an OTO!!!)

I am basically getting it as a Try Me. As I said upthread I do like these sizes for when you go out and can put a bottle in the make up bag. Sometimes the design of a 50ml perfume means it is too big to take with you, thank you Marc Jacobs. If I'm not keen, I shall just use it at home or wear it out with sufficient false confidence, lol. And I hope this trying of a perfume wardrobe works better for me that the awful experience I had with Tova. I still reel at the memory of those scents. I feel like a bit of Summer frippery though.

(Speaking of which, and not wishing to derail the thread so I shan't burble on, I have spotted a good MB collection, 238713. Even better if it goes to an OTO!!!)

I like the mini bottles for the same reason and so true about some of those bigger bottles never going in the handbag. (I also think it's a shame when perfume manufacturers have these beautiful bottles you want to display when perfume is supposed to be kept out of the light, so all mine are in a cupboard.) Oh, and don't remind me about Tova perfume. I bought one 8 or 9 years ago - huge, chunky, heavy bottle again - can't remember the name but I would have called it Peppered Antiseptic Swab. Except that isn't very marketable.

"Peppered, antiseptic swab" :mysmilie_17: Tova stuff is really costly as well. Never buy perfume unless I can smell it first buy you lot are tempting me to buy but only the first drop. The AD sounds way too strong smelling for me. Hmmm, I've still got that £30 birthday money . . .

CC

"Peppered, antiseptic swab" :mysmilie_17: Tova stuff is really costly as well. Never buy perfume unless I can smell it first buy you lot are tempting me to buy but only the first drop. The AD sounds way too strong smelling for me. Hmmm, I've still got that £30 birthday money . . .

CC

Very wise, candycane. I sort of make that my golden rule but have risked it a couple of times when it’s been rewarded. Definitely not in the case of Tova. Can you possibly get to a largish M&S to try the testers? (Can’t remember if you said you live a long way from major shops.)

Would have to go to Edinburgh which is about an 80 mile round trip, however, next time I'm up there which I think is 9 August I will nip in and smell so at least I know what I like and what I don't.

Our local town has live pigs in pens in the market square, you buy a live one and the farmer takes it away and brings the bacon to your house the next day. Same with the chickens. I'm lying of course but it's not somewhere you go unless you have to :mysmilie_17:

CC

I love anything with "fig" in it, just as I love to eat figs (fresh or dried). However, I don't think they actually have much of a smell so am always a bit mystified!

I thought Dandelion and Fig might be interesting, since I don't get a smell from figs and dandelions have a reputation for smelling like wee. But the S&B which I tried on a tester strip is quite nice. Just a slightly sweet, "dry" floral to me. I don't think it would last long on me, however.

Anyway, regarding the TSV, do I take it there are four each in two drops (TSV and an AD)?? If very cheap, I might be tempted but I really shouldn't.

My thoughts exactly re dandelion wee. Him: 'Ooh, what's that fragrance?' Her: 'dandelion.' Hmmmmmmmm......

CC

To me, the fragrance names/descriptions just sound unpleasant, except for white peach which could be oversweet...yuk. I like citrus & florals, not weird dandelion/ nappa/wee spice. Imoo, btw.

Shay & Blue 4 Piece Summer Fragrance Collection

Single
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.238660

Auto-Delivery
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.240390

QVC Price £44.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £4.95

This four piece fragrance collection from Shay & Blue features a decadent selection of summer eau de parfums, including revitalising Blood Oranges, romantic English Cherry Blossom, sweet and fruity White Peaches and vibrant Dandelion Fig. All in travel sizes that are perfect for popping in your clutch or suitcase, create a summer fragrance wardrobe with the help of these captivating Shay & Blue scents.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this four-piece Summer fragrance collection individually, directly from Shay & Blue you'd pay £100. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £34.98, plus P&P, you're saving an incredible £60.07.

Masters of fragrance - established in London in 2012, Shay & Blue combine artisanal craftsmanship with a passion for fine, contemporary fragrance. From bold, enigmatic scents to lighter, elegant blends, there's something for every woman (and man) in their repertoire.

Scents of the summer - you'll love this curated collection of eau de parfums throughout the warmer months, as they each feature complex blends to revitalise the senses and transport you to sunnier climes. Whether you love citrus notes, juicy, fruity fragrances or gentler, botanical blends, there's something for everyone in this set.

Indulge with Auto Delivery - select our Auto Delivery option and receive four autumn and winter-inspired eau de parfums in 90 days, at our superb Today's Special Value price. You'll love these gorgeous scents, including new launch Blackberry Woods, bestselling Atropa Belladonna and Black Tulip, plus captivating Framboise Noire.

Summer collection contains:

1 x Blood Oranges Eau de Parfum (10ml) - a citrusy, revitalising scent with deep, sultry notes of hot napa leather and a fresh, juicy burst of blood orange
1 x English Cherry Blossom Eau de Parfum (10ml) - delicate blossoms mingle with a luscious blend of fig and cassis for a hint of warmth on a base of cherry wood
1 x White Peaches Eau de Parfum (10ml) - juicy soft peach captures the essence of summer, while cool elderflower granite and earthy silver wood birch add a fresh, modern finish
1 x Dandelion Fig Eau de Parfum (10ml) - with top notes of dandelion leaf and lemongrass, complemented by tomato vine, juniper and a heady blend of ripe fig

Auto Delivery collection contains:

1 x NEW Blackberry Woods Eau de Parfum (10ml) - the essence of autumn, this heady blend features top notes of blackberry with a heart of neroli and lemon leaves, and a warm, woodsy cypress base
1 x Atropa Belladonna Eau De Parfum (10ml) - a decadent scent with rich notes of cassis berries blended with a white flower bouquet on a deep base of patchouli and sandalwood
1 x Framboise Noire Eau De Parfum (10ml) - a rounded combination of mixed forest berries on a bed of deep, black woods for a sensual fragrance reminiscent of a fine wine
1 x Black Tulip Eau De Parfum (10ml) - a modern floral with fresh, delicate sprigs of snowdrops with rich, black tulips, tart plums and a warm, balanced base of white chocolate

Bit odd some of them. Common name for dandelions is Pee in Bed & Belladonna is poisonous

Jo Malone did the wildflowers range so it seems to be a theme with some perfume houses.

I will say like some other perfumes the actual dandelion will be a fantasy note of how it might smell. As for the belladonna, there are many classics that have wormwood in them which is also a poison if ingested they will be synthetic. Iris the flower has no smell yet hundreds of perfumes which have iris. They make the perfume from the blub of the plant.

The original Jo Malone fragrances were lovely and long lasting.I don’t know if they have changed since they were bought out and haven’t tried her new ones ‘Jo Loves.’Shay & Blue to me seems to be clever marketing aimed at this market but the products do not deliver.

The Floral Street sample in the Tili box is a lovely fragrance which really does last all day, the next time I want to splash out on some perfume I think I will probably go for Floral Street.

The original Jo Malone fragrances were lovely and long lasting.I don’t know if they have changed since they were bought out and haven’t tried her new ones ‘Jo Loves.’Shay & Blue to me seems to be clever marketing aimed at this market but the products do not deliver.

Jo Malone was bought out by Estee Lauder so they are all created now for at least the last 10 years by different perfumes brought in by Estee Lauder. Jo has her own brand called Jo Loves I bought the White Roses and Lemon Leaves lovely and very long-lasting.

Now, I do own a few of the black bottles from Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka also Orris & Sandalwood which are really lovely.

I always loved the original Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir & Wild Fig & Cassis don’t know if they are still available/the same but I am not a fan of Estée Lauder perfumes, remember Youth Dew? I will look at stockists of ‘Jo Loves’

Latest posts

Back