Shay & Blue TSV 27/07/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will never forget Youth Dew, scarred me for life. My mother wore it on our family outings, in our extremely overheated car. I had to open the window and put my head out at frequent intervals.... only to be yelled at to shut it because there was such a draught. I'm feeling it now just writing this!

The Floral Street sample in the Tili box is a lovely fragrance which really does last all day, the next time I want to splash out on some perfume I think I will probably go for Floral Street.

I love perfume but will only use cruelty free with Framboise Noir from Shay & Blue & Floral Street's Ylang Ylang Espresso my current favourites. Floral Street now sell their bath & body products in tubes made from sustainable sugar cane bioplastic which is 100% recyclable which I think is wonderful.

AD has sold out, 21.13. Glad I recorded Perception and rang at 21.00, lol. That Dom fellow.looks stunned.

I will never forget Youth Dew, scarred me for life. My mother wore it on our family outings, in our extremely overheated car. I had to open the window and put my head out at frequent intervals.... only to be yelled at to shut it because there was such a draught. I'm feeling it now just writing this!

I had the Youth Dew years ago, think someone must have bought it for me - totally overpowering and horrible. What about Paris, Aromatics and Loulou?? All equally as choking.

CC

It’s a shame the auto delivery sold old, because when some people get this set they’ll cancel because it’s not for them, and the people who really love it have missed out. There should be a way to allow people in the first month to take the cancelled auto delivery over......sorry scrap that, it’s QVCs archaic computers, surely they could get a member of staff to hammer and chisel the order in stone. :mysmilie_17:

My Mum wore Youth Dew also Moon Drops Madam Rochas Pagan and one called Styx. Her go-to was Tweed and Coty L'Amaint(sorry brain fart and cannot think of spelling) I remember spraying the Youth Dew on and it stained my white top and made my neck itch.

Now I randomly picked up the Coty in Boots to sniff and was surprised how nice it actually was. It is dirt cheap and I think I might buy a small bottle of it.

Oh Tweed! My auntie used to get a huge box of all the products at Christmas, I hated it.Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass was my special occasion scent as a teenager or perhaps Apple Blossom.How we associate perfumes with people and times of our lives.I have bottles but on a day to day forget to use them! Have always liked Patou Joy & spritz that from time to time.IYouth Dew brought me out in a rash but have used Clinique Aromatics, Lou Lou & the classic Dior’s Diorella,Diorissimo etc.I have a local shop which must stock most perfumes known to man.

Oh Tweed! My auntie used to get a huge box of all the products at Christmas, I hated it.Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass was my special occasion scent as a teenager or perhaps Apple Blossom.How we associate perfumes with people and times of our lives.I have bottles but on a day to day forget to use them! Have always liked Patou Joy & spritz that from time to time.IYouth Dew brought me out in a rash but have used Clinique Aromatics, Lou Lou & the classic Dior’s Diorella,Diorissimo etc.I have a local shop which must stock most perfumes known to man.

I always wondered why we associate perfume, or any other smell, with people & times in our lives & it's all to do with the olfactory bulb which is part of the limbic system - emotions & memories. Last week I went to a wonderful place that sold rugs & called in at my sister's on the way home; she gave me a hug & said "I've gone back to my childhood" - our mum owned a carpet shop when we were little! Apple Blossom was lovely & my grandmother always bought me a bottle back from her holidays, she wore Yardley perfumes & I particularly loved a spicy one called Sikkim. My much missed mum wore Paris & even 17 years after we lost her that particular rose fragrance up ends me. A couple of years ago I discovered that Aqua Manda had been brought back, it's almost the same as it was during my teens but not in the gorgeous bottle. Nobody's ever remade Citrus Musk, my all time best from Max Factor, I didn't know about animal testing all those years ago & would never buy it now but the warm citrus of that lovely product is a huge part of my teenage summers.

There's a perfume that actually makes me boak and it's Poeme. A woman at work insisted on wearing it then spilled the bottle all over the carpet and I couldn't go in the room. Had to get another job!!

Really would like to go for the TSV but too short of cash this month. Boo. I'll live without it.

CC

Yes certain smells bring back memories, both good and bad. My Mum loved perfume but could only afford one or maybe 2 bottles a year which she saved for special occasions or trips out with my Dad. She loved what I`d call heavy fragrances , ones which lingered and after she passed away my Dad asked me to empty her wardrobe and I could smell her perfume on coats etc.
I have a small beaded evening bag of hers inside of which there is a tiny empty bottle of Evening In Paris and even though Mum died over 30 years ago the smell still lingers inside that bag and reminds me instantly of her. She also loved Youth Dew, Charles of The Ritz and Quelques fleurs but was never well off enough to own all 3 at once. During the week or when at home she perfumed herself with talc applied with a big fluffy puff from a round plastic tub.
My sister passed away in june and for as long as I can remember she wore only one particular perfume and wouldn`t use any other. She loved the original Miss Dior, not the new fangled ones and she once bought me a bottle which I still have and rarely ever use because it doesn`t smell as good on me, the way that it smelled on her. Losing her so recently is still raw and when I`m thinking about her and missing her then I sniff the bottle she gave me and it reminds me of her.
Now the one bad smell I hate and which brings back awful memories of working with someone who gave us all headaches in more ways than one, is the perfume called Obsession. We had a woman in our office who drowned herself in it and I mean drowned herself. She arrived in the morning reeking of it, then she`d spritz again at break time, then lunchtime , then afternoon time and before going home time. It actually made one male colleague feel physically sick, gave lots of us headaches and even some of the residents living where we worked complained about her "stinking the place out "as they put it. We opened windows, propped open doors and moved desks around but you could trace her movements around the building just by following the smell !

They have six OTOs in the Deals section but none Shay & Blue. I wonder if (when) the TSV sells out, they will do one. They did a good OTO when the first or second S&B TSV went and was a similar offer, as I recall.

Jo Malone did the wildflowers range so it seems to be a theme with some perfume houses.

I will say like some other perfumes the actual dandelion will be a fantasy note of how it might smell. As for the belladonna, there are many classics that have wormwood in them which is also a poison if ingested they will be synthetic. Iris the flower has no smell yet hundreds of perfumes which have iris. They make the perfume from the blub of the plant.

Isn't orris the iris bulb? Could that be why iris is in a lot of perfumes?

Isn't orris the iris bulb? Could that be why iris is in a lot of perfumes?

Yes, it is but as very expensive only they high-end brands use the real thing the rest is synthetic.

Two women I used to work with turned me for life off Samsara which I really like when first released but day and day of it blasting across the desk:puke: The other horror was Calvin Klein Escape, this person drown herself in it, we swore she must buy it by the gallon. Even in a busy street I can spot Samsara and Escape a mile away.

It’s a shame the auto delivery sold old, because when some people get this set they’ll cancel because it’s not for them, and the people who really love it have missed out. There should be a way to allow people in the first month to take the cancelled auto delivery over......sorry scrap that, it’s QVCs archaic computers, surely they could get a member of staff to hammer and chisel the order in stone. :mysmilie_17:

I am really peed off that I missed the Auto Delivery! I read up on the Shay & Blue TSV & thought it was a great way of trying new fragrances & especially liked the sound of the winter ones. I couldn't find the code for the auto delivery at tea time yesterday as I was meeting a good friend for a meal out so wanted to pre order. When I got home I was so annoyed that it had sold out. Well...at least my bank balance will thank me I suppose!

Latest posts

Back