white plimsolls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know they are the 'coolest' look that the insane having bought into, BUT tonight I'm looking at Leslie Tebbuts (on with shouty Pipa), and no, she doesn't look 'cool' in hers, despite wearing a maxi dress, she just accentuates having old feet ! Anne Dawson is another one, who suffers with 'old' feet and thick ankles, not her fault obviously, but like clever dressing, there has to be clever shoeing as well.

Yes, I know its comfort and all that, but the "lace up to the ankle plimsolls" don't flatter feet at all, unless they are under 20 years old, and what suits a young nubile lady certainly wont look that good on someone who has seen the last of the summer years.

I am with you on this. Some people have to wear similar footwear because they may have issues with mobility, balance or various medical issues but people like LE are presenting fashion and style programmes and it just doesn’t work. In addition so many presenters are unrealistic about the look they present us with. DF with her cold shoulder look, over the knee dresses and awful shoes. JR today appeared with too short a dress. She did say that she wasn’t sure about it but that Glen had convinced her it looked good. She then couldn’t help telling us she has white legs but good knees! They now join her good hair and good arms. I can’t stand this self obsessed, over confident style. Let other people compliment you Julia, it’s all rather desperate.

Wetwhitweedend Evie was on yesterday with those half sandal half lace up boot that she wears and chuntley read out twatts asking where they could buy them. The answer was “shoes with red soles and if you weren’t aware of the brand just google it”.

Yes, since Join have clearly abandoned QVC no doubt Yannis and Yotta (!) have gone the way of Yong Kim and fell out of favour; SO drippy Evie is now employed as brand ambassador for the All Things Expensive & Poly range, languidly extolling the virtues of each garment!

You have to laugh at her, she's a caricature of herself as some sort of ageing hippy, but doesn't quite work, - and she must go to bed in those ****** awful shoeboots.

Wetwhitweedend Evie was on yesterday with those half sandal half lace up boot that she wears and chuntley read out twatts asking where they could buy them. The answer was “shoes with red soles and if you weren’t aware of the brand just google it”.

I might be missing something but I really, really hate those sandal boots!

Yes, since Join have clearly abandoned QVC no doubt Yannis and Yotta (!) have gone the way of Yong Kim and fell out of favour; SO drippy Evie is now employed as brand ambassador for the All Things Expensive & Poly range, languidly extolling the virtues of each garment!

You have to laugh at her, she's a caricature of herself as some sort of ageing hippy, but doesn't quite work, - and she must go to bed in those ****** awful shoeboots.

Maybe if we spent that much on them we would wear them to bed too! I imagine they are at least £800 plus - Q must pay well as I think she said she had more of the brand.

How arrogant & rude.

I know they are the 'coolest' look that the insane having bought into, BUT tonight I'm looking at Leslie Tebbuts (on with shouty Pipa), and no, she doesn't look 'cool' in hers, despite wearing a maxi dress, she just accentuates having old feet ! Anne Dawson is another one, who suffers with 'old' feet and thick ankles, not her fault obviously, but like clever dressing, there has to be clever shoeing as well.

Yes, I know its comfort and all that, but the "lace up to the ankle plimsolls" don't flatter feet at all, unless they are under 20 years old, and what suits a young nubile lady certainly wont look that good on someone who has seen the last of the summer years.

In my humble opinion she looks dead daft. The dress is lovely, I know because I have it, but it's too grown up to be worn with 'plimmies' as she called them. The sooner this trend, that only suits the young, comes to an end the better.

I think for a designer she is very old fashioned and drab looking and any credibility she had has plummeted since she became a BA for any and all Q brands same as wet Evie and awful Vonda.

They now join her good hair and good arms.

Julia doesn't have good arms. When she was wearing a sleeveless dress recently the skin at the top/underside of her arms was a bit saggy and wrinkly - the way mine is going by the way. She does say that she does arm toning etc (I don't) but you can't stop the tides of time.

CC

What ? you mean she hasn't been using the latest LAB 'innovative' gadget ? I would have thought the QVC presenters would have made a big dent in the stock supply !

If I may, does 'high instep' mean wide foot?

I have totally fallen arches, so flat shoes are hard for me.

I don't think it does mean wide foot. It does mean that getting footwear you can get your feet into can be tricky.

Ballet pumps and the like - they are for flat feet if anything... look at many ballet dancers and they appear to have flat feet.

Latest posts

Back