Todays Top Tech with Ring TSV 08/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ring Video Doorbell 2 & Spotlight Cam with Extra Battery & Chime
Item Number: 519000
QVC Price £329.00
Todays Special Value Price £269.94
P&P £5.95

This Ring security bundle includes an HD Spotlight Security Camera and the Video Doorbell 2 with two-way talk, which connect to your device allowing you to monitor your home wherever you are, plus comes with Chime which pairs with your Ring devices and provides an adjustable audible alert, giving you notifications in any room of your home. Answer the door and protect your property with this smart security kit, complete with Cloud subscription, which lets you see, hear and speak to anyone in your house, at any time from your phone, tablet and PC.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the Video Doorbell 2, the Spotlight Camera with Extra Battery and the Chime individually, directly from Ring you’d pay £426.95. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £269.94, plus P&P, you’re saving £151.06, plus we are including a 3 month Cloud subscription!

Up in the cloud - just for QVC customers, it is accompanied by a three month Ring Basic Protect subscription service trial at no extra cost, allowing you to store and download videos for up to 60 days.

Stop them in their tracks - with a built-in microphone, speakers and infrared Night Vision, you’ll get live video in crystal, clear HD quality at any time, with or without the lights on from the Video Doorbell and Spotlight Cam.

Always know who’s there - adjustable motion sensors let you get the ideal setting for you and your home. With instant motion-activated alerts straight to your device, you’ll always be the first to know when there’s someone on your property and two-way talk enables you to speak to visitors from anywhere.

Going away? Once you have downloaded the Ring Spotlight Cam app to your smartphone, iPad or laptop you will be able to watch over your home from everywhere - the office, when you're out for dinner or even when you’re on holiday. Not only that, you can also use your app to control several light functions - from turning the lights off to adjusting the motion sensitivity that triggers the lights to come on.

Security and convenience - with an adjustable mount and mains-free design, the Doorbell and Camera can be installed in any location outside your home. Plus, the quick-release rechargeable battery packs on both the camera and doorbell let you easily charge them without moving the devices.

Chime - this device plugs into any standard power point and connects to all your Ring devices, allowing you to get notifications in any room of your home, even if you’re not near your phone. You can even set the volume level, alert tone and switch it to Do Not Disturb mode for your preference.

Note: To record and save videos after the three month trial, you will need to subscribe to a Ring Video Recording Plan at ring.com, from £2.50 per month, otherwise recorded videos will be erased and new events not stored.

What's in the box?

Spotlight Security Camera:

1 x Ring Spotlight Security Camera (h x w x d): 12.6cm x 6.9cm x 7.6cm (4.9" x 2.7" x 2.9")
Spotlight Cam battery
Mounting base
Quick-release battery pack
Installation tools and screws
USB charging cable
User manual
Security sticker

Video Doorbell:

1 x Ring Video Doorbell 2 - in Satin Nickel (silver) (h x w x d): 12.8cm x 6.4cm x 2.7cm (5" x 2.5" x 1")
Quick release battery pack
Satin Nickel and Venetian faceplates
Adaptor plate
Wedge and corner install kits
User manual
Security sticker
Installation tools and screws

Chime:

1 x Chime - in White (h x w x d): 7cm x 4.8cm x 3.5cm (2.75" x 1.9" x 1.4")
User manual
Power plug (appropriate format for destination country)

Added value:

1 x extra battery
1 x Cloud subscription (3 months)

Colour options (for camera only):

Black
White

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519000

This looks like it would only work if you got the worlds most stupid burglar who presses the front door bell, all the others will be smart and break in round the back.

Any smart burglar would DESTROY the bell, as it obviously has to be within easy reach.

I tried the camera when it was last a TSV, and had to send it back.

It won't pick up the wi-fi signal through a brick wall (I think US houses are timber framed, mine is cavity brickwork)

But aren't you just alerting people to the fact that you're not in and your house is empty?? I don't have a smart phone anyway so it's not a thing I would buy.

CC

It's an excellent price if you do want/need both.

We bought one when they first came out as we live close to a dodgy estate that has a walkway between our street and the rest of the village.

We had so much trouble with the teenagers and younger kids we had to do something. As I can never answer the door in time this seemed better than a simple camera.

The beauty is that if someone rings the bell and I'm NOT in I simply tell them I'm in the bath and can't come to the door. They don't know I'm not actually home so will go away/leave parcel at the neighbour I ask them to.

It works great with genuine callers, too, as I can ask them to wait as I'm slow getting to the door.

You definitely need a good internet connection, though.

Latest posts

Back