Health & Wellbeing TSV 12/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TSV is The Powerfit Vibration Plate

fitness-2.jpgvibrate-2 (1).jpg

I'd be surprised if the QVC one isn't more expensive than the IW one too.

IW's is £199 with flexi pay and there's another one with bluetooth at £299 and flexi pay. £7.99 postage on both. I'd like to compare prices when the QVC one comes out.

CC

I can't exercise as one side of my body doesn't work properly. I also have terrible balance.

I bought something like this second-hand from a friend a few years ago and use it regularly. She was expecting to lose a stone a month by just standing on it for 5 minutes a day. Her Facebook friend swore by hers and credited it as the key to her 4 stone weight loss - the same FB friend who was working for a gym selling them :wonder:

I've been amazed how well it's worked at not just helping my balance, but actually improving it a lot. I obviously can't tell if it helps improve bone density but the blurb says yes. I love it as just helping my balance prevents the falls I was having which makes me less likely to break any more bones dense or not.

QVC must know IW have had this as a product for a while so I'm sure they will do a much better deal. IW do have free returns though so if you were just buying to try you might consider where you buy it, actual price, how much to get it, how much to return, how long you get to try it etc.

CC

I think it was Aldi (that or Lidl) that has these for around £80 every six months or so.

I probably shouldn't say this but if you were really interested you could try the Q one and buy the Aldi one (if you were willing to forgo the postage and think of it as a semi-free trial). Q's warranty is pretty woeful for most stuff. I'd go as far as saying they try not to follow UK consumer law unless someone has had advice and pushes it. At least you get three years with Aldi and there's never a problem with exchanges or refunds.

Yes, Aldi are very good with refunds. My mum shops there a lot and has had to take a few non food things back and she just gets a cash refund on the spot or offered an exchange if they still have the item.

At the moment I have returned an item to QVC which they haven't received after weeks. I didn't send it signed for so as they don't seem too bothered it looks like I just have to lose £25 :mysmilie_51: Not offering me any solution really. They won't refund unless they have the item. I'm really not wanting to have to send returns signed for as it costs enough on ordinary post.

CC

I think it was Aldi (that or Lidl) that has these for around £80 every six months or so.

I probably shouldn't say this but if you were really interested you could try the Q one and buy the Aldi one (if you were willing to forgo the postage and think of it as a semi-free trial). Q's warranty is pretty woeful for most stuff. I'd go as far as saying they try not to follow UK consumer law unless someone has had advice and pushes it. At least you get three years with Aldi and there's never a problem with exchanges or refunds.

It's available at the moment (and free delivery too) :nod:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-vibrating-board/p/097083238911400

I'm not sure I saw this on Q but it is definitely available on IW and it's very heavy if terms of returning it.

IW's is £199 with flexi pay and there's another one with bluetooth at £299 and flexi pay. £7.99 postage on both. I'd like to compare prices when the QVC one comes out.

CC

IW have just had a Blockbuster and Pick Of The Day, it had loads of extras including a watch that you could work the machine from and was £99 four £25 and free delivery. It often drops down to £99. They’ve got one for £135. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/vib...2fen_GB%2f%24s%3dvibrapower&fh_sort=-stock_iw

IW will collect it if you email them, they’ll arrange a courier collection.

Well yes I did but they said if they don't have the item they can't refund. Bit pissed off really.

CC

My understanding is, that when you have handed it over to the GPO and obtained proof of posting, it is no longer your responsibility. The P of P will show QVC's address on it, and date and time, so if it was me I would email a copy of it to them (not the original) and tell them it has probably got lost in their warehouse (knowing their sloppy procedures this is probably true). Then demand your refund in the email you attach the P of P onto.

If all else fails, you should be able to claim at least some of it back from the GPO with the P of P (last time I looked it was up to £28).

I have to confess I have no idea what this is or what you’re supposed to do with it but I’m interested for some reason! Must be because I’ve been restrained with my buying lately and my latent purchase urge is starting to kick in.

I'm not sure I saw this on Q but it is definitely available on IW and it's very heavy if terms of returning it.

If it’s very heavy, would QVC send a postage label or arrange collection if you wanted to return it?

Well yes I did but they said if they don't have the item they can't refund. Bit pissed off really.

CC

My understanding is, that when you have handed it over to the GPO and obtained proof of posting, it is no longer your responsibility. The P of P will show QVC's address on it, and date and time, so if it was me I would email a copy of it to them (not the original) and tell them it has probably got lost in their warehouse (knowing their sloppy procedures this is probably true). Then demand your refund in the email you attach the P of P onto.

If all else fails, you should be able to claim at least some of it back from the GPO with the P of P (last time I looked it was up to £28).

If you have the proof of posting and it was small parcel size or above (ie they printed a postage sticker thing), there should be a 16 digit reference on the receipt so you can track it loosely (that is, there’s not usually a lot of detail but it will say if it was delivered). If it doesn’t show as delivered or QVC won’t accept that for any reason, you can claim from Royal Mail online as stratobuddy says. I think it’s only up to £20 plus whatever postage you paid, though. If you pay an extra quid for Signed For, it’s up to £50.

QVC would collect a bulky or heavy item like this if you want to return it; they'll confirm this if you order via the 504030 number.

Candycane, contact CS again and offer to email them a photo of the post office receipt (without sending them the original) and ask whether you should do a charge-back via your credit or debit card. On the whole companies don't seem to like charge-backs so this suggestion has worked for me a few times, most recently Asda sent me a £10 gift card with an immediate refund at the merest mention of a CB. :mysmilie_59:

If you sent it "Signed For" there'll be a 16 digit code but the service isn't tracked per se; it can only say whether or not it's been delivered. An ordinary "proof of posting" from the post office will only show the destination email and details of the time date and weight of the package along with the destination address. I've been selling on ebay for 15 years and never successfully claimed the full cost of a lost item (even when I could prove it was lost in their system; the best I've had is a few stamps so I'd pursue QVC before Royal Mail as the easier nut to crack IME.

CC

Yes that’s right CC, wether you have the proof of postage or not, QVC will never refund the item without it being logged back at the warehouse, that’s when the dreaded “none receipt” letter you have to sign comes in to play after you’ve had to wait fourteen days of course, if you have a printer you can print the letter to sign off but to be honest, in my experience they both take about three days to arrive. Then sign it, take a photo and send it to Webmaster UK. Ask to speak to someone in charge they’ll explain it better.

Latest posts

Back