Deciem: The Abnormal Beauty Co TSV 14/8/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is the company that Brandon Truaxe ran / part owned, isn't it? Or one of the companies in a group he was involved with? Sorry, I half followed some of the worst goings-on reported on here (Marina?) but can't remember how it settled, except l'Oreal or one of the big cosmetics companies had either taken over or got a controlling interest. Anyway, what's happening now? Are the original people back and involved, like the slim blonde woman who I think was ousted but came back?

UPDATE: I thought I'd stop being lazy and relying on people here, and googled Truaxe RIP myself. I see the battles are still going on but he was never going to go and not leave a bit of chaos, was he?

https://nationalpost.com/news/estat...rt-to-recover-millions-he-paid-for-luxury-jet

Oh nice collection, I won't be buying though as overbought last Black Friday

I ordered a couple of The Ordinary in Boots. They order at the till for you and it cane the next day for me to pick up in store. We have a small Boots in our local hospital a 10 minute walk so very convenient.

ml for ml

1 x Sanskrit Saponins Cleansing Balm (90ml; full size) - Worth £21 cost £9.08
1 x Neck Elasticity Catalyst (50ml; full size) - Worth £50 cost £21.62
1 x Copper Amino Isolate Serum (15ml; full size) & 1 x Copper Amino Isolate Activator - to be used with the Copper Amino Both together Worth £38 cost £16.42
1 x Multi Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (15ml; full size) - Worth £25 cost £10.81
Total Worth direct from Niod £134 cost including p&p used in calculations £57.93.

Not buying myself, going to send details to my friend who rates this range.

NIOD 4 Piece Concentrated Skincare Collection
Item Number 238834
QVC Price £116.00
TSV Price £54.98
P&P £2.95

This four-piece NIOD collection features Copper Amino Isolate Serum and Multi Molecular Hyaluronic Complex to help address dehydration and give skin a more radiant look, Neck Elasticity Catalyst that works to target visible signs of ageing on your neck and decolletage, plus Sanskrit Saponins to thoroughly cleanse your skin and help improve the look of pores. Offering a complete routine to promote a more balanced complexion, this NIOD set is perfect if you love discovering high-tech formulas and want to give your existing regime a serious upgrade.
The latest in skincare - NIOD's skincare range has been designed for the most hyper-educated of beauty enthusiasts, offering high-tech formulas for results-driven skincare.

A complete package - this kit offers treatments you can easily slot into your skincare routine, with a clarifying cleanser that can be used every other day, two easily absorbed serums for everyday use, and a lightweight treatment for your neck and decolletage, which can be applied both morning and night every day.

Contains:

1 x Sanskrit Saponins Cleansing Balm (90ml; full size) - formulated to cleanse your skin deeply without disrupting your skin's natural functions, this smooth balm works to promote the look of smaller pores. Developed to suit all skin types, including oily, sensitive, blemish-prone and dry. Enriched with Ayurvedic plant extracts
1 x Neck Elasticity Catalyst (50ml; full size) - helps to promote elasticity and hydrate the neck and jaw area to provide a temporary firming effect. Enriched with caffeine extract, plus Leontopodic acid, bitter ginger and carnitine
1 x Copper Amino Isolate Serum (15ml; full size) - this innovative treatment helps to prevent aspects of skin ageing and forms a foundation to help make skin look and act younger. Created to help improve the look of dull skin, uneven skin tone, lines, and wrinkles and enlarged pores
1 x Copper Amino Isolate Activator - to be used with the Copper Amino Isolate Serum
1 x Multi Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (15ml; full size) - this advanced serum combines 15 forms of hyaluronic compounds in a peptide-charged delivery system to help offer visible hydration, plumping, comfort and uniformity

https://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-4-Piece-Concentrated-Skincare-Collection.product.238834.html

Advice please forum friends. Should I try this as I do have dehydrated skin, liney eyes and ageing neck. Anyone seen great results? Is it better than Elemis which I'm getting on fine with. Gatineau has started to irritate my eyes so probably won't reorder any of that and I've kind of gone off Decleor. Thanks in advance.

CC

Advice please forum friends. Should I try this as I do have dehydrated skin, liney eyes and ageing neck. Anyone seen great results? Is it better than Elemis which I'm getting on fine with. Gatineau has started to irritate my eyes so probably won't reorder any of that and I've kind of gone off Decleor. Thanks in advance.

CC

Hey CC.

I hate rec'ing as one man's meat and all that, but I do love the copper serum. It's the one thing that seems to have made my sensitive skin more resilient and calmer.

I use the wash and find it cleanses deeper than Elemis or Liz Earle, on par with Alpha H's Balancing cleanser.

The MMHC is raved about and I have used it as it was in a kit I had. I don't have dry skin, though, so haven't seen it do anything.

The neck cream is an acquired taste. Unlike Elemis which is a pleasure to use, this is almost medicinal. I had it in a kit last summer and have only just started using it so no results yet. I warm it between my hands so it melts into my skin allowing me to pat and smoothe it in. Otherwise it's a bit stiff and difficult to spread. I'm going to try it on my eyes the next few nights as some reviewers have had good results with their hooded eyes.

I hope you like it if you go for it. It seems like a good buy.

ETA: I haven't kept up with the new Elemis stuff. Are you using the Matrix stuff? I've read good things about it but have been a strapped lately so didn't buy it when it was on offer (but keep seeing it getting raved over and wish I had!).

I am raving about the Elemis night matrix, it is like a magic product and I haven't tried the Gatineau jelly mask but I'm wondering if that might have the same effect. The pro collagen marine cream was good too but no magic results lol.

I might try this if it's on EP but I don't think it is.

CC

I can't get on with the smells and textures of NIOD. But I'm more of a Decleor girl, so that says it all, really!

I was excited to try the stuff, but too disappointed by the experience to persist and see if there was actually any improvement.

Yep, I'm a fan of Matrix as well. Despite feeling 100 when I get out of bed (and seeing my grandma looking back at me in the mirror), after applying this before I go to bed, my skin does look plump and refreshed in the morning. I'm hard to please and even I was impressed ! so yes, I think its a great product.

The guest is saying big results with the neck product. Anyone used it? Is it really good? This is a lot of cash for me to spend all at one go and I always listen to the demo hype and am then disappointed with the products. No easy pays either. Not desperate to buy it but if it REALLY works . . . .

CC

I was going to go for this & watched a bit of the demo this morning but I don’t think I would like the textures so common sense has prevailed. I recently got some AlphaH and Judith Williams Retinol range is the only one I reorder.I do like her neck cream but have not noticed any miracles happening but at 72 am trying to be realistic!

JW did a brilliant neck cream in a Diamond range but discontinued it. I don't rate the remaining ones. I'm doing OK with the Elemis product and then Gatineau serum and cream so I don't know. I'll hum and haw and hopefully it will sell out.

CC

The guest is saying big results with the neck product. Anyone used it? Is it really good? This is a lot of cash for me to spend all at one go and I always listen to the demo hype and am then disappointed with the products. No easy pays either. Not desperate to buy it but if it REALLY works . . . .

CC

For a few quid more you're getting to try the copper serum, too, so it might be worth a bash. Especially as the postage is low by Q standards.

It's not exactly a pleasure to use but I do like the smell - tried mine again last night. Needs warming a bit to spread better and seems to cling to fingers. I have sleep wrinkles on my chest that I hate so I'm hoping it'll work for that, too. It does seem to make my skin seem softer for a good few hours afterwards so maybe the clingy texture helps. Anything else I use sinks in and seems gone in minutes and I don't notice results.

I bought my tube last year from salon skincare when they had a 3 for 2 (and I'd just won £100 on Premium Bonds). They already had 25% off NIOD so it was to good for me to resist. If I recall correctly I actually had a bit of change from the £100 along with this and two large copper serums.

I keep looking for another offer like this with them but they seem to have blocked the stacking off different offers which is what I'd done. If it comes back I'll post here.

I've had NEC for a couple of years now and I'm still on my first jar as the texture is a bit too much for me. It feels sweaty on my face (or sticky?) so much so that this wakes me up through the night every time I use it; when I wake up multiple times my skin feels suffocated and with this sweaty feeling but without the actual sweating. I stopped using it because I need my sleep but I still try to use it every now and then. It sounds bizarre but I wake up because of this feeling on my skin.

Latest posts

Back