Hot Tubs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
Will QVC be selling these soon? At least 3 presenters have now acquired one. Surely not freebies???

You can get pop up ones which are basically monster paddling pools at much less than the wooden ones. My cousin in Australia has/had one and we had a great time wallowing in it one time we were over whilst sipping fizzy wine and nibbles off the BBQ. I just cannot see the need for one in the UK - you'd use it once a year at most and they use a huge amount of electricity to heat them/maintain temp/bubble the bubbles etc, not to mention the huge amount of water (if you're on a meter) to fill them. They were the "in thing" for yuppies back in the day when I lived in London, must be making a comeback or maybe some of the presenters have been sold a kipper.

CC

CC

Please spare us any of the current presenters wearing bathing costumes, sitting in a hot tub in that peculiar industrial back yard in Chiswick.

I have seen houses for sale which have a hot tub in the garden.I would make it a condition of sale that it be removed.I cannot imagine the up keep, Does the water not have to be tested as a swimming pool?You could pick up anything in these things, unless it was a top class health club I would not go near one!

Are they high maintenance? I'd never have one but the thought of having to use chemicals to keep the water clean, especially after it's been used by several people, doesn't seem very healthy or eco-friendly.

Hasn’t Debbie Flint not been on with one late one evening
Or else I have been dreaming about her in a hot tub :mysmilie_466::mysmilie_505:
Please tell me I’m not......... :mysmilie_50:

Personally I wouldn't go near one. Aside from the 'personal' aspect of sitting in a warm bath with other bodies that are shedding skin and their potions of cream and suncare products creating an oil slick, there is the little known danger of contracting Legionnaires Disease.

I always run the shower at least 4 minutes before I get into it, as shower heads have been long known for harbouring the bugs that cause this disease. As do hose pipes that haven't been emptied and left sitting in the sun.

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but better safe than sorry.

I have seen houses for sale which have a hot tub in the garden.I would make it a condition of sale that it be removed.I cannot imagine the up keep, Does the water not have to be tested as a swimming pool?You could pick up anything in these things, unless it was a top class health club I would not go near one!

I would definitely not consider having one let alone one left in the garden by the previous owners.

Personally I wouldn't go near one. Aside from the 'personal' aspect of sitting in a warm bath with other bodies that are shedding skin and their potions of cream and suncare products creating an oil slick, there is the little known danger of contracting Legionnaires Disease.

I always run the shower at least 4 minutes before I get into it, as shower heads have been long known for harbouring the bugs that cause this disease. As do hose pipes that haven't been emptied and sitting in the sun.

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but better safe than sorry.

I totally agree with you about sitting in a soup of other people's DNA but never considered the danger lurking in the shower. I always run the cold tap before cleaning my teeth & filling the kettle so running the shower will be added to the list.

Please spare us any of the current presenters wearing bathing costumes, sitting in a hot tub in that peculiar industrial back yard in Chiswick.

Oh please DON'T spare us. I'd just love to see Mr Brooks and Mr Biagi in their budgie smugglers :mysmilie_17:

CC

Will QVC be selling these soon? At least 3 presenters have now acquired one. Surely not freebies???

Do you know which three have them? I'm assuming those with older kids or delusions of some kind or maybe both so Ickle Claire must be on the list.

I'd say Craig but he has a flat I think so it must be Claire Gypsy Caravan Sutton, Biagi has got to be in there and either Flint or Huntley. Probably wrong lol. Oh yeah forgot, Gill Gauntlett's dad is a must.

CC

I'd say Craig but he has a flat I think so it must be Claire Gypsy Caravan Sutton, Biagi has got to be in there and either Flint or Huntley. Probably wrong lol. Oh yeah forgot, Gill Gauntlett's dad is a must.

CC

Gill Gauntlett's dad :mysmilie_19: Does he really exist or is her 'Bunbury'?

Oh my word, could you imagine it (or rather not) Simon Dairylee demonstrating would be like someone lobbed a shag pile in the water with that chest hair, as for Chuntley, well Chuntley doesn’t really need an excuse to get those knockers out on show.

Chuntley is becoming a grade A pain ! every time she's on she has to read out tweets that compliment her for being alive !

Its only guessing how long her goofy grin is on screen before she lets out an "awwwwwww" in faux coyness. :puke:

Hasn’t Debbie Flint not been on with one late one evening
Or else I have been dreaming about her in a hot tub :mysmilie_466::mysmilie_505:
Please tell me I’m not......... :mysmilie_50:

You may well have been dreaming about your favourite presenter but you are right about her having one. It was the first person I thought of when presenters having a hot tub was mentioned and I just knew there would be a selfie so that she'd get her mug in the shot.

DF.jpg

Do you know which three have them? I'm assuming those with older kids or delusions of some kind or maybe both so Ickle Claire must be on the list.

Well done!

https://blogs.qvcuk.com/hot-tub-and-times-way/

Oh please DON'T spare us. I'd just love to see Mr Brooks and Mr Biagi in their budgie smugglers :mysmilie_17:

CC

:mysmilie_17: There's always one! I'll write to QVC and put your name forward as someone keen to appear in the ads promoting the hot tubs with the above!

Oh my word, could you imagine it (or rather not) Simon Dairylee demonstrating would be like someone lobbed a shag pile in the water with that chest hair, as for Chuntley, well Chuntley doesn’t really need an excuse to get those knockers out on show.

I can see her now sitting in one with her bestie, who is manfully keeping his hair out of the water, surrounded by limited edition Yankee Candles & eating something delicious vegan nibbles when who should appear but the Scottish boyfriend & his mum da da da. The boyfriend gets all possessive, Ms Huntley the Elder acts like a heroine from a Victorian novella (simper, simper), & he jumps into the tub to save her honour; we know his mum won't be able to fit in as well because her weight issues have been told to the nation, well the ones that watch the Q, so she stands by with a towel. All imagined as though it's a sitcom from the 1970s.

Latest posts

Back