Kipling TSV 16/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If it`s the round flying saucer looking bag then that`s one ugly tsv. It`s hideous.

But it's Kipling so it will sell. Not to me though, I don't have any Kipling and don't intend to buy this.

CC

I have moved away from Kipling although still use the ones I have from times past.I look at Radley these days and have got some reduced in their sales.I even had an email from then offering something akin to QVC easy payments but have not looked fully into that.I would look at the Radley website & ignore Q more so if that gabbling guest who is on with Chuntley at the moment!

I always think a round bag screams “fifteen year old”. No, I don’t like a round bag, for a kick off your house keys can’t end up in the corner of your bag, there isn’t one.

I always think a round bag screams “fifteen year old”. No, I don’t like a round bag, for a kick off your house keys can’t end up in the corner of your bag, there isn’t one.

Blimey Shopps, you've done it again. My first thought when I looked at the photo was "That's a teen's bag" :mysmilie_3:

Blimey Shopps, you've done it again. My first thought when I looked at the photo was "That's a teen's bag" :mysmilie_3:

It does though doesn’t it my sister from another mister, to me it just looks impractical and childish. Whatever next? a square wheel, a teapot made of ice “only available at QVC”. :mysmilie_17:

I don't like the look of this either. I have a few Kipling bags, but I'm very selective and will only choose something that I really like and I know that I will use constantly. My first purchase was made from a velvet type fabric. I'm not sure that they've ever made any since. It's black with chrome zip and monkey. This was years ago, before they became the norm for a lot of their bags. It was over £90, but I've had no end of compliments from people. I was always very keen on the Fairfax bag. Such a lovely design. I even bought one for my mother-in-law in a light grey/white pattened fabric. She hasn't stopped using it & it still looks as good as new. However, I do have to admit that some of the newer designs don't appeal to me at all. Such a pity.

I have never ever 'got' this Kipling 'thing'. Why is it even a thing? 'don' mean a thing to me'....

Why would you pay leather bag prices for a canvas bag with a fluffy monkey? I don't get it either but they cost that much because people will pay that much.

CC

I've only ever bought a new Kipling bag on sale (£22 in JLP for £80 normally and the really odd thing is I've never seen Kipling in my local JLP before or since). Oh, I did get a small round "jewelry" case directly from Kipling when on sale. It was exactly what I needed for a mini travel speaker and some cables. A few days after I'd bought it I received an email offering an extra 25% off sale prices. I emailed them back asking if they'd refund me the extra as a goodwill gesture and they did! Fantastic customer service.

I do quite like them as they're light and with multiple pockets I don't need to add weight with a wallet. Their cross-body straps are nice and long and they stay where they're adjusted to. As I use crutches this is important. The straps on most leather bags aren't usually long enough (I'm tall and like them fairly low). The only leather bags I've found that have long straps are Fossil (ooh, I love the smell of a Fossil shop!).

As I couldn't care less about the monkey the two bags I've bought from eBay have been new but very cheap as they didn't have the monkey. I find that really odd as similar bags with the monkey have gone for three times the price yet the sellers were selling the monkeys from the bags for £8-9 separately. Not that I'm complaining.

I NEVER thought I'd buy anything but a good quality leather bag but there you go.

Kipling Avaros Premium Circle Crossbody Bag
Item Number: 178456
QVC Price £65.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.99
P&P £3.95

Currently only available at QVC, the Avaros cross-body bag from Kipling features a neat circle design, an adjustable shoulder strap and a pompom monkey keyring. Complete with four pockets, this chic, lightweight bag is the ideal companion for days out, travel and shopping trips and will finish your look with a touch of Kipling's signature quirky style.
Go hands-free - thanks to its adjustable strap, this bag can be worn over your shoulder or across your body, so you can carry everything you need your way. Keep your hands free as you explore a new city or browse the shops, or carry it over your shoulder to easily take it on and off throughout the day.

Stay organised - this bag will help keep your belongings organised and secure with its clever design, which boasts four pockets, two internal and two external, so you won't have to dig around for your essentials and can keep them close to hand. Plus the attached key fob and zip fastening will help keep your belongings safe and secure, making it an essential for when you're on the go.

A shade to suit you - with six different colours and textures to choose from, there's a design to suit anyone's style. Go for Quilt Ochre or Quilt Tuscan Red for a chic quilted texture in an on-trend seasonal tone, Metallic Rose or Metallic Green for a gorgeous pop of colour, or Metallic Black or Metallic Grey for a versatile hue that will go with anything in your wardrobe.

Colour options:

Metallic Grey
Metallic Rose
Metallic Black
Quilt Ochre
Metallic Green

Kipling branded badge on the front
Attached key fob inside
Outer pockets: 1 x zip, 1 x slip
Inner pockets: 2 x slip
Outer: 100% polyamide; lining: 100% polyester
Zip fastenings
Bag (h x w x d): 19cm x 19cm x 7cm (7.5" x 7.5" x 2.8")
Strap drop: 36cm - 80cm (14.2" - 31.5")

All measurements are approximate
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.178456

It doesn't strike me as a very practical shape. Whoever is styling the models needs a new career: they look dreadful.

I am not even interested enough to look at this on a live show.Kipling are now so basic there is little design variation in the fabrics, just prints.I did use one yesterday as it was a TSV a while ago but a larger shopper type with different pockets, very useful.That might have been my last buy.

Latest posts

Back