Christmas In July Advert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Can anyone who knows please explain to me the meaning of the Christmas In July advert
I’ve re-wound numerous times and still don’t understand what it’s trying to say other than its a Christmas In July event all day Thursday.

:mysmilie_506::mysmilie_493:

The male is Father Christmas on holiday I think.

Thank you Oh I now see :mysmilie_3:

Is Father Christmas ‘Simon Biagi’ whispering in ‘Claire Sutton’s’ ear they can go on holiday cause Q are doing Christmas in July?

Thank you Oh I now see :mysmilie_3:

Is Father Christmas ‘Simon Biagi’ whispering in ‘Claire Sutton’s’ ear they can go on holiday cause Q are doing Christmas in July?

More than likely he's whispering they can have yet even more holidays thanks to the schmucks at home buying loads of, mostly, Christmas tat and racking up the post & packing RIP-off charges.

More than likely he's whispering they can have yet even more holidays thanks to the schmucks at home buying loads of, mostly, Christmas tat and racking up the post & packing RIP-off charges.

Oh so very true..... I like it :mysmilie_3:

Merry Christmas :mysmilie_852:

I love Christmas & even though I have some beautiful items that I bought from QVC a long, long time ago their idea of Christmas & mine don't match.

I used to laugh at the Christmas promo where a family is being met at the airport - lots of hugs and woolly hats/scarves all around, then in the background can be spotted passengers leaving the airport in shorts and tee shirts !!!

I've looked at what's on the preview and it's all old stuff from last year and the months since all at clearance or some such. However, (had to come didn't it lol!) there's a wee red lorry with a santa driving and a tree in the back that plays tunes. Always wanted the kind of family that "brought home the tree" but that was not to be. If it wasn't £30 odd squid delivered I might have . . . . I might. . . . .

I liked that ad last year where the teddies upped sticks from Florida and flew back to London for Christmas, not sure which company made it, wasn't QVC.

CC

I've looked at what's on the preview and it's all old stuff from last year and the months since all at clearance or some such. However, (had to come didn't it lol!) there's a wee red lorry with a santa driving and a tree in the back that plays tunes. Always wanted the kind of family that "brought home the tree" but that was not to be. If it wasn't £30 odd squid delivered I might have . . . . I might. . . . .

I liked that ad last year where the teddies upped sticks from Florida and flew back to London for Christmas, not sure which company made it, wasn't QVC.

CC

Last year I bought a toy Citroen 2CV, a mini Christmas tree & even smaller strip of fairy lights & made my own version of an expensive decoration. As for the family 'that brought home the tree' do they really exist except in schmaltzy American made-for-tv movies? I love Christmas, as did my mum, but her preparations were always really busy & sometimes the special feeling got lost in all of that busyness. I decided that when I grew up I would 'do' Christmas my way & it's the little things that we enjoy the most. One of the best things anyone has ever said to me was our younger daughter's comment that I had made Christmas magical for her.

Heat wave? Where? It's been raining here solid for 3 days and I mean hammering it down. Sooooo fed up with it. It is warm though for Scotland.

CC

In the Midlands. I've just got something from the car, it's in shade, & the temperature was 33. I put out the washing at 8am & everything's dry including a pair of jeans, sorry CC. My Mr T is on his way up to Scotland for a week of climbing so he'll love cooler weather.

33/92 degrees here in Chelmsford, slightly higher than for London 20 miles SW of us. So much for the storms forecast for last night - one distant rumble of thunder, feeble flash of lightning and a few minutes rain - my soil is still as cracked as the Grand Canyon. Tomorrow is forecast even hotter, I can’t bear the thought of Simon Biagi and CHuntley dressed up in their Christmas sweaters and Santa hats. I suppose the studio will be decorated with enormous present boxes and a big tree in the corner.

It is 32 here in Putney. Too much for me! Im going to watch the swimming on Tv as it looks so cool. The Dyson fan is blasting away. Watching the news at the moment, I see from the handshake photo that Her Majesty also has a Dyson fan!!! I hope Q didnt spot that. Its a bit if an upgrade from her electric bar fire isnt it?

Likewise here in N.Herts. My old lady remedy for keeping cool is sitting with my feet in a bowl of ice cold water, and running my wrists under a cold tap and then drying my hands on my little dogs face - to keep her cool.

Looks like a 10 deg drop by Friday and Saturday, thank the lord.

It is 32 here in Putney. Too much for me! Im going to watch the swimming on Tv as it looks so cool. The Dyson fan is blasting away. Watching the news at the moment, I see from the handshake photo that Her Majesty also has a Dyson fan!!! I hope Q didnt spot that. Its a bit if an upgrade from her electric bar fire isnt it?

I wonder if she keeps her cornflakes in Lock n Lock nowadays rather than her old discoloured Tupperware ? Perhaps HM watches QVC ?

That was probably a 'gift' from James himself, in return for a 'Royal Warrant'! Though that could just be the 'cynic' in me, I mean it is not as if the 'taxpayers' can't afford to purchase one for her. (Sorry I am not and never have been a Royalist)!

Latest posts

Back