New Customer £10 offi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It was £5 the other day I'm sure but I don't really listen to the adverts so I might be wrong. They maybe started it just this week. Still not a massive incentive because there's bound to be a minimum spend.

CC

I get quite annoyed when firms don't offer incentives to loyal customers. QVC are just taking long standing customers for granted.

I get lots of money off/discount emails and vouchers sent through the post from online shops that I use and I don't have to spend a certain amount to use them either.

I don't class easy pay either as an incentive, and if someone was interested in the easy pay more often than not it is taken down as soon as the show it was on is over.

QVC are backward looking and to be honest I can never see them changing.

£10 would work out at less than £5, once the P&P charges are taken into consideration.

I get quite annoyed when firms don't offer incentives to loyal customers. QVC are just taking long standing customers for granted.

I get lots of money off/discount emails and vouchers sent through the post from online shops that I use and I don't have to spend a certain amount to use them either.

I don't class easy pay either as an incentive, and if someone was interested in the easy pay more often than not it is taken down as soon as the show it was on is over.

QVC are backward looking and to be honest I can never see them changing.

I used to think they would because they would have to with so much competition out there but, give them their due, much as we moan on here, they seem to have a way of reeling gullible buyers in who then stay loyal no matter how badly they are treated and ripped off. You only have to look at Facebook! They do have some good deals and I do still buy things from them, albeit less and less, but they also miss out on a lot more custom from me (and most on here, I am sure) mainly because of their P&P charges and inflexibility. Like you, I would think a lot more of them if they had the occasional discount voucher (I don’t mean the once-in-a-lifetime ones like the one we were offered at the time of the new GDPR rules or the odd one where you have to spend quite a lot to qualify and to use it).

I can see that written on a banner being pulled across the sky by little flying pigs.

Aw, that’s quite a cute picture. Of course, QVC would have a pricetag on the piggies’ rumps, maybe thinking of some pies to flog for Christmas (arriving February).

I wonder if they've had to revalue the "incentive" which barely covers the postage... in light of the drop in the exchange rate?
Italy used to do 10 Euros for a new customer, which was better than £5 even last summer when they were offering it. They aren't doing that now, as far as I can see on the website (nor in Germany)... maybe it's just in UK where they are losing customers so they need to chase new customers?

I looked at an item on my phone earlier and the FIVE4U “offer code” came up at the top. Where did you see the £10 one, llloyd?

https://www.qvcuk.com/content/todays-offers.html

It shows this: https://www.qvcuk.com/UK/html/popup/190708_TAKE10.html?height=320&width=957

The link takes you to this:

New to QVC? Get £10 off your first order with code TAKE10
Promotion details
This promotional code may be used toward your first purchase from QVC when applied at the checkout at QVCUK.com, or via our call centre (0800 51 41 31). This promotional code may be used for merchandise only and cannot be redeemed for cash. A minimum purchase of £20.01, excluding P&P, is required. If a product has Easy Pay applied to it, you will not be able to use this voucher. This offer cannot be redeemed on Waitlist, Advanced Order, Buy More Save More or Auto Delivery items. This offer is non-transferable. Customers with an existing QVC account, and QVC employees, are not eligible to participate in this promotion.

I’m not surprised offering a fiver, what a load of phooey! Didn’t even cover the postage on most items. Obviously wasn’t doing the trick so phase two?..........a tenner. :mysmilie_3:

I wonder if they've had to revalue the "incentive" which barely covers the postage... in light of the drop in the exchange rate?
Italy used to do 10 Euros for a new customer, which was better than £5 even last summer when they were offering it. They aren't doing that now, as far as I can see on the website (nor in Germany)... maybe it's just in UK where they are losing customers so they need to chase new customers?

I noted when I glanced at QVC when I was in Italy recently that things were selling out in a flash, especially the TSV which was a NL top (and not a nice one either). I suspect they aren't struggling for customers but saying that, nice clothes and shoes in Italy cost an absolute fortune (non QVC) so maybe people think Q are bargain bucket.

CC

https://www.qvcuk.com/content/todays-offers.html

It shows this: https://www.qvcuk.com/UK/html/popup/190708_TAKE10.html?height=320&width=957

The link takes you to this:

New to QVC? Get £10 off your first order with code TAKE10
Promotion details
This promotional code may be used toward your first purchase from QVC when applied at the checkout at QVCUK.com, or via our call centre (0800 51 41 31). This promotional code may be used for merchandise only and cannot be redeemed for cash. A minimum purchase of £20.01, excluding P&P, is required. If a product has Easy Pay applied to it, you will not be able to use this voucher. This offer cannot be redeemed on Waitlist, Advanced Order, Buy More Save More or Auto Delivery items. This offer is non-transferable. Customers with an existing QVC account, and QVC employees, are not eligible to participate in this promotion.

I can see the wording in your second link there but the first link is just all the deals and I can’t see the £10 off offer on the page or anywhere on the website, which is odd. Not that I need to as I’m not a new customer! I was just curious as to why I only ever see the £5 off.

I can see the wording in your second link there but the first link is just all the deals and I can’t see the £10 off offer on the page or anywhere on the website, which is odd. Not that I need to as I’m not a new customer! I was just curious as to why I only ever see the £5 off.
When I access Today’s deals there is a link across the top.
“New to QVC? Get £10 off your first order with code TAKE10”

When I first got my QVC account, you got 5% cash back on TCB. They soon shelved that option although you still get cash back on IW and Amazon.

It's about time that QVC moved with the times as nearly every other company manages to deliver goods quickly and refunds are issued in half the time.

Maybe QVC themselves should wake up to the fact that many of their goods can be bought cheaper elsewhere, which is what I invariably do. If I'm interested in something, then I watch the presentation and then search online and order it from somewhere else. I saved £12 doing that the other week.

Latest posts

Back