Revitalash TSV 22/08/19 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

On a Facebook group, I belong to someone put up research from the US done on all of the so-called eyelash growth products.

Castor Oil conditions the lashes but will not make them grow.

Revitalash was mentioned but again did not live up to the hype.

The only brand which will make your lashes grow is Lassi something which is prescription only even in the US.

Could not find the article on Facebook but this one is interesting.

https://www.prevention.com/beauty/g2...tioning-serum/
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post
    Likes alter ego liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    Yes, one of the tips from beauty experts is "tight-lining" which is putting your eyeliner under your upper lashes to close the gap between your lids and lashes. I like this look better than the lower lash waterline trick, as I have small, dry eyes which are prone to lumps and blepharitis.
    I look terrible in eye make up, Iíve given up with eye liner, shadows and almost given up with mascara, I have such dark circles it all just makes them look worse.
    Iím sticking with my Revitalash until it runs out and then I will have a think what I am going to do.

I remember a teacher in primary school who had amazing lashes but her eyelids always looked greasy, I used to wonder if she put some kind of oil on them, now Iím thinking it may well have been castor oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    On a Facebook group, I belong to someone put up research from the US done on all of the so-called eyelash growth products.

Castor Oil conditions the lashes but will not make them grow.

Revitalash was mentioned but again did not live up to the hype.

The only brand which will make your lashes grow is Lassi something which is prescription only even in the US.

Could not find the article on Facebook but this one is interesting.

https://www.prevention.com/beauty/g2...tioning-serum/
    I think Lassi is sold on ebay from India if I remember correctly, but it may change the colour of your iris
    Likes alter ego , donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Marina, if you have light eyes blue, green or grey they can turn a muddy brown colour.

To be honest I would be very wary of buying anything like that from eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I’ve been using revitalash and revitabrow for years, with very good results.
    About 3 months ago I started using castor oil, as suggested on here.
    My eyebrows are still good, but my eyelashes have got much worse, so I’m back on the revitalash.
    It was worth a try, but didn’t work for my lashes, I’ll keep using it for my brows while they stay good though.
    Thanks sharonk thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I tried revitalash, I did get 'longer' lashes, but also red itchy eyes & marks that haven't shifted since. I really wouldn't use it again. It doesn't make lashes 'grow' - no cosmetic can, it just stops them falling out. They've had lots of issues with the FDA & description of the product - just sounds bad to me. I believe Revitalash & the others containing the bimatropost (sp!!!) hormone are banned in Sweden. Revitalash contained this proglastin (sp) in the ingredients last time I checked.
    Likes donna255 , alter ego liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SisterBliss View Post
    I tried revitalash, I did get 'longer' lashes, but also red itchy eyes & marks that haven't shifted since. I really wouldn't use it again. It doesn't make lashes 'grow' - no cosmetic can, it just stops them falling out. They've had lots of issues with the FDA & description of the product - just sounds bad to me. I believe Revitalash & the others containing the bimatropost (sp!!!) hormone are banned in Sweden. Revitalash contained this proglastin (sp) in the ingredients last time I checked.
    Ditto, I have purple veins on the upper eye lid ever since using Revitalash and I haven't used it for years now. The lashes did grow and they looked juicy and shiny very similar if not the same to what they were when I was a child
    Likes donna255 , alter ego liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    Yes, one of the tips from beauty experts is "tight-lining" which is putting your eyeliner under your upper lashes to close the gap between your lids and lashes. I like this look better than the lower lash waterline trick, as I have small, dry eyes which are prone to lumps and blepharitis.
    I do that May and it is surprising how good your eyes look. I occasionally wear mascara on my bottom lashes but have not used mascara on my top lashes for over a year. I do put a line on my lower lash line but I use a small soft brush and blend it

Post Thanks / Like

As, yes. Tightlining. AY suddenly "discovered" this technique last year (I think, could have been the year before, though). She was prattling on about it on a Bobbi Brown show where the guest was trying to hide her amusement/amazement that only recently she's heard of it. It's been around decades! A Trish McEvoy makeup artist showed me how to do it in 2003 and it had been around before then.

We can always count on AY for the most up-to-date techniques. Qualified beauty expert, my arse

Bimatoprost is used by glaucoma sufferers (and now people who want longer lashes!). Latisse is the commercial version (hugely over-priced) in a brush tube for lashes. I've been buying Bimatoprost from a lady on Makeupalley for years. She gets a load from a pharmacy in India then ships it all out to us. I get it from her as it's cheaper to get it this way than getting it from the same place but shipped to the UK! Not so much the cost of the product, but the postage.

It works brilliantly with no side effects for me but it comes in a dropper bottle so you have to use your own fine brush to apply. It hasn't changed my eye colour (blue). I tried Revitalash which also worked really well but that did irritate my eyes a little and gave me a very fine blue/red line in my lash line. I stopped using it as soon as I noticed and it did finally disappear.
    Thanks donna255 thanked for this post
    Likes lynnonthelake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    I think Lassi is sold on ebay from India if I remember correctly, but it may change the colour of your iris
    That sounds VERY risky! You could be putting anything around the eyes a definite NO No ( not suggesting anyone here would be that foolish!) I used Revitalash with some results but returned the last lot I bought as I read in the leaflet that it should not be used after Cataract surgery so that was me out.I would rather have mediocre lashes than put anything I was not sure about near my eyes.