Revitalash TSV 22/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I’ve been using revitalash and revitabrow for years, with very good results.
About 3 months ago I started using castor oil, as suggested on here.
My eyebrows are still good, but my eyelashes have got much worse, so I’m back on the revitalash.
It was worth a try, but didn’t work for my lashes, I’ll keep using it for my brows while they stay good though.

Ooops, I was the one who recommended using castor oil :confused:

That sounds VERY risky! You could be putting anything around the eyes a definite NO No ( not suggesting anyone here would be that foolish!) I used Revitalash with some results but returned the last lot I bought as I read in the leaflet that it should not be used after Cataract surgery so that was me out.I would rather have mediocre lashes than put anything I was not sure about near my eyes.

Absolutely, however, I have done something that appears extremely risky to deal with a pterygium on my left eye. At present it's very small but does get affected by windy weather & dusty conditions. I know that these can be removed when they cover the iris but the success rate is poor so I looked up alternatives, one being diluted cider vinegar... I asked my optician about this & was amazed when he said this is safe & does work but suggested 5:1 water to vinegar NOT 3:1 as recommended in the article I showed him. I still have this pesky little irritant but it's under control & the caustic mixture hasn't affected my eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
As, yes. Tightlining. AY suddenly "discovered" this technique last year (I think, could have been the year before, though). She was prattling on about it on a Bobbi Brown show where the guest was trying to hide her amusement/amazement that only recently she's heard of it. It's been around decades! A Trish McEvoy makeup artist showed me how to do it in 2003 and it had been around before then.

We can always count on AY for the most up-to-date techniques. Qualified beauty expert, my arse :wonder:

Bimatoprost is used by glaucoma sufferers (and now people who want longer lashes!). Latisse is the commercial version (hugely over-priced) in a brush tube for lashes. I've been buying Bimatoprost from a lady on Makeupalley for years. She gets a load from a pharmacy in India then ships it all out to us. I get it from her as it's cheaper to get it this way than getting it from the same place but shipped to the UK! Not so much the cost of the product, but the postage.

It works brilliantly with no side effects for me but it comes in a dropper bottle so you have to use your own fine brush to apply. It hasn't changed my eye colour (blue). I tried Revitalash which also worked really well but that did irritate my eyes a little and gave me a very fine blue/red line in my lash line. I stopped using it as soon as I noticed and it did finally disappear.

True about Tightlining I must have been using it nearly 20 years I would think.

Ditto, I have purple veins on the upper eye lid ever since using Revitalash and I haven't used it for years now. The lashes did grow and they looked juicy and shiny very similar if not the same to what they were when I was a child

Exactly what I have - the purple lines. Revita deserve to be sued.

That sounds VERY risky! You could be putting anything around the eyes a definite NO No ( not suggesting anyone here would be that foolish!) I used Revitalash with some results but returned the last lot I bought as I read in the leaflet that it should not be used after Cataract surgery so that was me out.I would rather have mediocre lashes than put anything I was not sure about near my eyes.

Exactly. You've only got two.

I'd also be very cautious about getting stuff from India. I've spent a lot of time there & read a lot of (non fiction) books about the subcontinent. It's an extremely corrupt country under the guise of a democracy. Many many Indians I found (of course not all) were all about 'how much can I get out of this' etc etc. Full of scammers & tricksters, up there with Nigeria, imo.
You can buy any medicine from a shop, sold by a layman, & there is no FDA/regs regarding who can sell what. I was sold blood pressure tablets by a layman (aldactone?) for water retention!!! I didn't take them of course. Think of how many accidents can happen with this liberal 'prescribing'. If you have the money, they'll get it for you.

Old news. Years behind. Q, not U.

Last edited by a moderator:

I watch Dominique Sachse, an American news reader, on her YouTube channel; I love her make up tutorials, especially the ones for a smokey eye look, & she always tightlines.

I watch Dominique Sachse, an American news reader, on her YouTube channel; I love her make up tutorials, especially the ones for a smokey eye look, & she always tightlines.

I’d never heard of her so looked her up on YouTube and ended up spending over half an hour watching. She is very easy to watch and not all “kooky” like a lot of the kind. Made me feel better about the amount of time I sometimes spend doing eye make-up. I was also encouraged to note that a lot of her methods are like mine but I learnt a few new things.

:up:

I’d never heard of her so looked her up on YouTube and ended up spending over half an hour watching. She is very easy to watch and not all “kooky” like a lot of the kind. Made me feel better about the amount of time I sometimes spend doing eye make-up. I was also encouraged to note that a lot of her methods are like mine but I learnt a few new things.

:up:

I like her. She started the channel because so many asked her if she did her hair & make up for television. I watch her make up videos, some of the others are a little showy. She's an attractive woman in her 50s who appears to have everything - adoring & wealthy husband, happpy son & stepchildren who love & like her, a beautiful home & an interesting career. However, behind all that is someone who has worked hard to get where she is, has a good moral compass & because she's a glass half full person, her words, she's always found contentment in the moment. All that & tightlining!

I know that the above product works (my mother had thinning lashes and a friend gave her some (not bought from Q) and they did make her lashes noticeably thicker, however when my mother saw the actual cost she 'baulked', so she found another product that was actually whilst not perhaps as good (couldn't actually tell as it had been 'primed' by the aforementioned product), the product she now uses is doing a good job of maintenance.

Latest posts

Back