Misleading videos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I recently bought a Swift cordless mower because it was such good value at about £130 instead of about £200.

But it is now about £200 again, but the video (which has been there for weeks) is still saying what wonderful value it is at less than £130, so totally misleading.

LINK - - - https://www.qvcuk.com/Swift-40V-Cor...r-Battery&Charger.product.518290.html?sc=SRCH

Unlike most of their cordless tools, they did NOT say how long it would run for on a full charge, instead they said it would cut an area the size of a tennis court.

The most my battery has lasted is 20 minutes, and you would have to be an Olympic runner to cut a tennis court in that time. Also, my garden is a lot smaller than a tennis court, but it only does about 1/3 of it.

I am thinking of returning it, but not decided yet. Also, I wrote a review after my first use, which was published.

It amazes me that they are pushing it on the video at £130 when it is now £200, and can't be bothered to update it. What a shambles.

I recently bought a Swift cordless mower because it was such good value at about £130 instead of about £200.

But it is now about £200 again, but the video (which has been there for weeks) is still saying what wonderful value it is at less than £130, so totally misleading.

LINK - - - https://www.qvcuk.com/Swift-40V-Cor...r-Battery&Charger.product.518290.html?sc=SRCH

Unlike most of their cordless tools, they did NOT say how long it would run for on a full charge, instead they said it would cut an area the size of a tennis court.

The most my battery has lasted is 20 minutes, and you would have to be an Olympic runner to cut a tennis court in that time. Also, my garden is a lot smaller than a tennis court, but it only does about 1/3 of it.

I am thinking of returning it, but not decided yet. Also, I wrote a review after my first use, which was published.

It amazes me that they are pushing it on the video at £130 when it is now £200, and can't be bothered to update it. What a shambles.

it was a special price to make it sell out which in fact it did do after about 2-3 airings & it does state below the video "Previously recorded videos may contain expired pricing, exclusivity claims, or promotional offers. "

It sounds like a lemon Strato, send it back (well get them to collect it as faulty if it can't function as promised! :mysmilie_59:)

I've never understood why channels don't upload a clip without price references; Ideal World relies on a similar disclaimer regarding expired promotional pricing. Surely it puts people off knowing it was sold so much cheaper? How hard would it be to cobble together and upload a few minutes of presentation just running through the features of an item?

it was a special price to make it sell out which in fact it did do after about 2-3 airings & it does state below the video "Previously recorded videos may contain expired pricing, exclusivity claims, or promotional offers. "

I know there is a disclaimer SCW, but as Akimbo says, they should have edited the video. I would NOT buy it for £200 when they have just told me it is (or was) £130.

But QVC pricing is weird. I've just ordered a Swift cordless hedge trimmer (which I actually need) but chose this one as it uses the same battery and charger, so I can then use 2 batteries when I cut my grass with the mower.

But the item is far less than the cost of a battery and charger, so I am getting the trimmer for "less than free" lol, and free PP too. And if no good, I can return it.

And I repeat my mantra, what a shambles (on both items), but I am benefitting on both, so a good shambles this time.

PS and I couldn't get it cheaper elsewhere, QVC was a bargain for both items.

It sounds like a lemon Strato, send it back (well get them to collect it as faulty if it can't function as promised! :mysmilie_59:)

I've never understood why channels don't upload a clip without price references; Ideal World relies on a similar disclaimer regarding expired promotional pricing. Surely it puts people off knowing it was sold so much cheaper? How hard would it be to cobble together and upload a few minutes of presentation just running through the features of an item?

See my reply to SCW as well.

It MAY just about be possible to mow a tennis court, which is 24m x 11m. My mower cuts 0.37m strips, so I would have to go up and down the tennis court 65 times, equal to 1557 metres = almost 1 mile.

And I would have to do all this in 20 minutes, which is 3 miles per hour, and this does not include the times for turning the mower at both ends, and overlapping each strip slightly.

So I suppose a really fit person COULD just about do it (if all my calculations are correct).

I've just received the confirmation email, and it may be even more of a bargain than I thought.

The total price shown in the confirmation email is £0.00

What a shambles!

I know there is a disclaimer SCW, but as Akimbo says, they should have edited the video. I would NOT buy it for £200 when they have just told me it is (or was) £130.

But QVC pricing is weird. I've just ordered a Swift cordless hedge trimmer (which I actually need) but chose this one as it uses the same battery and charger, so I can then use 2 batteries when I cut my grass with the mower.

But the item is far less than the cost of a battery and charger, so I am getting the trimmer for "less than free" lol, and free PP too. And if no good, I can return it.

And I repeat my mantra, what a shambles (on both items), but I am benefitting on both, so a good shambles this time.

PS and I couldn't get it cheaper elsewhere, QVC was a bargain for both items.

its not as simple as editing a video or re-doing another one without mentioning of the price byt im not going into that

See my reply to SCW as well.

It MAY just about be possible to mow a tennis court, which is 24m x 11m. My mower cuts 0.37m strips, so I would have to go up and down the tennis court 65 times, equal to 1557 metres = almost 1 mile.

And I would have to do all this in 20 minutes, which is 3 miles per hour, and this does not include the times for turning the mower at both ends, and overlapping each strip slightly.

So I suppose a really fit person COULD just about do it (if all my calculations are correct).

Their presentation should be based on average, your calculations show you have to be super fit therefore their presentation should state this fact. Send it back strato!

Their presentation should be based on average, your calculations show you have to be super fit therefore their presentation should state this fact. Send it back strato!

It is a joy to use a cordless mower though.

No constantly moving the cable, worrying about running over it, and also moving a long extention cable around.

Alternatively, having to buy petrol and oil for my other mower, and sometimes more effort trying to start it than cutting the lawn. And it would cost at least £500 to replace it.

I will just have to mow my lawn about 1/4 at a time over 4 days, which is more relaxing than mowing the whole lot in one go.

It is a joy to use a cordless mower though.

No constantly moving the cable, worrying about running over it, and also moving a long extention cable around.

Alternatively, having to buy petrol and oil for my other mower, and sometimes more effort trying to start it than cutting the lawn. And it would cost at least £500 to replace it.

I will just have to mow my lawn about 1/4 at a time over 4 days, which is more relaxing than mowing the whole lot in one go.

How long does it take to charge strato? Four days for one job would do my nut but whatever floats your boat :happy::flower::bow:

You’d get a reasonable priced petrol lawnmower from B&Q or one come on offer at Aldi
My hubby would love to be out on grass as much a possible being his job involving it but he wouldn’t be out cutting it every evening

Doesn't it look odd, though, with your lawn at four different stages of growth?

No-one can see it except me, it is secluded

You’d get a reasonable priced petrol lawnmower from B&Q or one come on offer at Aldi
My hubby would love to be out on grass as much a possible being his job involving it but he wouldn’t be out cutting it every evening

I have the largest walk-behind petrol mower I could buy, it is self propelled, has a clutch, and a 3-speed gearbox. But it still took 1 1/2 hours to mow, and it was very heavy to manoeuvre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back