Yardforce TSV 26/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope it isn't cheaper than the one I've just bought, as mentioned in my thread "misleading videos".

I wonder if they put the price of mine up to make it more expensive than the Yardforce TSV (assuming that it will be a mower).

Just been looking at the one they have at the moment, see the enlarged type in the quote - - -

This cordless lawn mower from Yardforce features a 30 litre hybrid grass collection bag, full bale on/off lever and five adjustable height settings from 25mm to 60mm, plus a rear roller, front and side grass combs and a carry handle. Suitable for gardens up to 300m squared, you'll quickly have your lawn looking pristine with this powerful cordless lawn mower.

They really have on idea, do they?

It should be 300 square metres.

300 metres squared is 90,000 square metres.

That is 341 tennis courts !!!

What a shambles.

Just been looking at the one they have at the moment, see the enlarged type in the quote - - -

This cordless lawn mower from Yardforce features a 30 litre hybrid grass collection bag, full bale on/off lever and five adjustable height settings from 25mm to 60mm, plus a rear roller, front and side grass combs and a carry handle. Suitable for gardens up to 300m squared, you'll quickly have your lawn looking pristine with this powerful cordless lawn mower.

They really have on idea, do they?

It should be 300 square metres.

300 metres squared is 90,000 square metres.

That is 341 tennis courts !!!

What a shambles.

Are we surprised?

Nobody at QVC seems even remotely qualified to check the accuracy of the information they quote or display... They can't do sizes, or colours, or measurements.

No doubt your explanation of the difference between square metres and metres squared would evoke blank faces all round.

Another example MML about colours, descriptions, etc, as they say in the description - - - -

30 litre hybrid grass collection bag, full bale on/off lever

This is meaningless drivel, what on earth is a hybrid grass collection box?

And even if anyone actually understood the reference to a bale, it should be spelt BAIL. They could have just said "full width on/off handle"

Another example MML about colours, descriptions, etc, as they say in the description - - - -

30 litre hybrid grass collection bag, full bale on/off lever

This is meaningless drivel, what on earth is a hybrid grass collection box?

And even if anyone actually understood the reference to a bale, it should be spelt BAIL. They could have just said "full width on/off handle"

Bail/bale is a tricky one... maybe they can't find something like Wikipedia to check...

They should know anyway, it is used now and again for their jewellery, although it may be wrong there as well.

I'm going to go now and (in the words of the song) "pick a bale of cotton", and bale up some straw.

There is not much point in a cordless pressure washer because you have to connect it to a hose, so your movement is restricted by that. So you may as well plug it into the mains anyway.

I note that when demo'ing pressure washers they never say anything about having somewhere for the water to go, ie a drain. If you pressure wash in a back yard for instance with no drains then you end up standing in a lake of dirty water. I've got one but I hardly use it for that very reason.

CC

Yardforce Aquajet 20v Cordless Handheld Pressure Washer with 1hr Charge
Item Number 519029
QVC Price £148.00
TSV Price £108.96
P&P £4.95
3 Easy Pays of £36.32

This cordless handheld pressure washer can be used with any water source and features an ergonomically designed two-position rotary rear handle, a three-in-one adjustable jet nozzle and two different speed settings. With all the accessories you need to tackle your outdoor projects with confidence, you'll leave your garden bright and spotless with this lightweight pressure washer from Yard Force.

Completely cordless - this pressure washer is battery-powered with a 20v lithium-ion battery so you can take it anywhere, with a hose that connects at the middle. It can be used with any water source, whether that's a pond, a pool, a bucket or a water butt.

Ease of use - the two-position rotary rear handle and three-in-one adjustable nozzle are designed for efficiency and comfort, while the two speed settings that spray pressures up to a maximum of 22 bar and a 160 litre/hour flow rate allow you to change the spray to suit the job at hand.

Everything you need - accessories include a lance, three-in-one adjustable nozzle, brush, foaming bottle, six-metre hose, charger, 20v lithium-ion battery with digital charging level indicator, storage bag and instructions - so you can get started right away on all kinds of chores around the home and garden.

What's in the box?

1 x pressure cleaner
1 x lance
1 x 3-in-1 adjustable nozzle
1 x battery with digital charging level indicator
1 x 1 hour fast charger
1 x brush
1 x foaming bottle
1 x hose
1 x hose connector
1 x mesh carry bag

https://www.qvcuk.com/Yardforce-Aqu...re-Washer-with-1hr-Charge.product.519029.html

I still do not see the point.

If you want to do an area bigger than a postage stamp you will need a hose.

A bucket of water would only last about 30 seconds (I have had one for 30 years).

And how many people have a river or a lake they can take water from, and even if they do, they still need a hose from their lake.

Just read it uses 160 litres per hour. So a normal 2 gallon bucket would last about 3 minutes, not just 30 seconds as in my guesstimate above.

So you would be filling up buckets every 3 minutes, so you wouldn't border, you'll use a hose instead, so it may as well be mains powered anyway.

When I saw the video on Facebook, it reminded me of the mechincal brush washer from years ago, that you agitated in a bucket of water for it flow out of the brush head.

A bucket of water would only last about 30 seconds (I have had one for 30 years).

And how many people have a river or a lake they can take water from, and even if they do, they still need a hose from their lake.

Just because you cant see the point does not mean others dont feel the same, my friend has Worx one and a couple large containers of water, when he goes mountain biking when its muddy he washes his bike down before putting in back of his van.

When I saw the video on Facebook, it reminded me of the mechincal brush washer from years ago, that you agitated in a bucket of water for it flow out of the brush head.

OMG, Sunday mornings helping my dad clean his car, mum preparing lunch, Family Favourites on the radio & my sister kneeling on a stool by the sink 'caddling'.

You make me laugh so much, the image of a garden the size of a small park, a short-lived bucket & a nearby lake. Your exasperation comes through the screen, I'd love it if you could hide in the QVC garden & heckle these arrogant fools when they're making all these ridiculous claims & tell them that the website has been written by a child who hasn't progressed beyond 1 + 1 to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I note that when demo'ing pressure washers they never say anything about having somewhere for the water to go, ie a drain. If you pressure wash in a back yard for instance with no drains then you end up standing in a lake of dirty water. I've got one but I hardly use it for that very reason.

CC

You have forgotten that you can let it drain into your lake

Latest posts

Back