Debbie Flint's presenting style

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The two Karas were with QVC at a time were QVC wanted their presenters to be polished and professional and be all about the goods as opposed to now, were they’re scruffy, unprofessional and it’s all about the presenter first. Some people didn’t like the first Bid Tv presenter at QVC, Carmel Thomas but I liked her, she did like to talk about her recent wedding but had the knack of talking about the item more.

Well said shoppy, Scruffy Chloe isn't in the same league as either of the two Kara's. Dumbing down doesn't begin to describe QVC from the early days.

The two Karas were with QVC at a time were QVC wanted their presenters to be polished and professional and be all about the goods as opposed to now, were they’re scruffy, unprofessional and it’s all about the presenter first. Some people didn’t like the first Bid Tv presenter at QVC, Carmel Thomas but I liked her, she did like to talk about her recent wedding but had the knack of talking about the item more.

So true!

They don't have to be suited and booted, but some evidence they've made an effort is greatly appreciated.

Do QVC realise that while it may be hypocritical - that we watch in our jim-jams, and our jogging bottoms and other comfy clothing, but we are buying... when you are selling, you have to overcome the resistance of your prospective buyers. Convince me to part with my money by showing me it matters enough to you that you made the effort to wear something smart and nice. Convince me to part with my money by demonstrating that you know the products really well, and you have thought about what I (and other customers) need to know about it. Convince me to part with my money by staying on topic and not boring me with the details of your family, your life, your hobbies, your side-hustle... That's supposed to be the job.

The presenters who I would once have thought were "meh" or awful, have been redeemed by not being superglued to an ipad, not preening in the monitor, not gassing about things which are irrelevant in the hour being presented.

I do not see the point of Chloe at all. She is the opposite of professional, based on my expectations when being sold to. She doesn't have anything beneficial to add to any presentation, and just carries on like a larky ladette, which is a routine that is well past it's sell-by date.

So true!

I do not see the point of Chloe at all. She is the opposite of professional, based on my expectations when being sold to. She doesn't have anything beneficial to add to any presentation, and just carries on like a larky ladette, which is a routine that is well past it's sell-by date.

Chloe was selling a phone the other day and she cut straight across the lady doing the presentation to tell us something about instagram and singing some song, and how it was her mission to get everyone to sing it with her. The phone was forgotten about. She is truly dreadful.

Where I used to work we had a dress code and if you didn't adhere to it you were sent home. This was the head office for a large retail organisation. She would have been sent home on day one, and told not to return. Those were the days, when there were rules and standards to follow, unlike QVC.

Well said shoppy, Scruffy Chloe isn't in the same league as either of the two Kara's. Dumbing down doesn't begin to describe QVC from the early days.

Thanks b, don’t know how Chloe Everton has the proverbials to stand there looking like a bowl of Shredded Wheat selling Elastisizer. I caught her once saying someone had said she looks like a Weetabix but I say no, definitely Shredded Wheat. :mysmilie_17:

Chloe was selling a phone the other day and she cut straight across the lady doing the presentation to tell us something about instagram and singing some song, and how it was her mission to get everyone to sing it with her. The phone was forgotten about. She is truly dreadful.

Where I used to work we had a dress code and if you didn't adhere to it you were sent home. This was the head office for a large retail organisation. She would have been sent home on day one, and told not to return. Those were the days, when there were rules and standards to follow, unlike QVC.

Totally agree, but sadly its the way things are now. In my estate agent days, I was always suited and booted and well made up (in the 80's it was more 60's air hostess than scruffy hooker), because I was being invited into peoples homes - can you imagine looking like Chloe turning up to offer a home owner a service in black leggings with white shoeboots and clanking in cheap jewellery ? because that's whats happening, she is invited into my home but looking like a dawg.

Totally agree, but sadly its the way things are now. In my estate agent days, I was always suited and booted and well made up (in the 80's it was more 60's air hostess than scruffy hooker), because I was being invited into peoples homes - can you imagine looking like Chloe turning up to offer a home owner a service in black leggings with white shoeboots and clanking in cheap jewellery ? because that's whats happening, she is invited into my home but looking like a dawg.

"Looking like a dawg" ha ha ha ha ha :mysmilie_17: She does look like that.

CC

I believe QVC have different presenters to appeal to the different type of customers...Debbie Flint deliberately dumbs down to suit her QVC demographic the more "down to earth" 50 something profile. Catherine is another demographic so is Dale, Charlie et all

Like her or not, Claire always looks well groomed. Clean, shiny hair, lovely make up and always well dressed - whether in QVC clothes or her own.

I bet none of the presenters on QVC US (or France, Italy etc) dress like Chloe.

Like her or not, Claire always looks well groomed. Clean, shiny hair, lovely make up and always well dressed - whether in QVC clothes or her own.

I bet none of the presenters on QVC US (or France, Italy etc) dress like Chloe.

Their isn’t a QVC France anymore, it went bust earlier this year, no one was buying.

The QVC Italy girls were very well groomed and wearing nice summer dresses when I saw them. I did note they used older models but they were selling quite mumsy Nina Leonard (think big flowery curtains).

Chloe always looks a mess, as does Pipa. Claire is always well presented as is Alison Keenan, Charlie looks nice in that blue suit but I'm not sure about the dad jumpers. When Craig wears a suit he looks lovely and I always think black guys can get away with suits and shirts in different colours, not just navy or dark brown with a white shirt.

Simon Biagi's shirts need no comment. He obviously has them specially made as there's no way you could just buy those monstrosities from a shop. Don't forget now, red checked shirt with navy pin stripe suit trousers and BROWN SHOES :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

It's always been said that French women have style, ooh la la.

Well, if they were trying to follow the UK blueprint in France, they were doomed from the start! I certainly don't think, if they modelled their ideal presenter on DF's style in fashion or sales it wouldn't be well received... and probably their biggest downfall would have been the money-making train that is skincare and beauty. Frenchwomen do not trowel their makeup on. They don't go for instagram style makeup with a nude lip. They don't go for fantasy colours. They are still, young and old and inbetween, classic in their look.

They go for a no-makeup natural look (not one which requires layers of products to achieve) - with either a natural (not nude) lip, or a classic red lip. Same with nail polish - clear, red or none at all. I have worked with Frenchwomen and I know this to be true.

The other mistake they make is that while Frenchwomen care about their skin, they have boatloads of excellent cheap/affordable skincare which knocks spots of most of what Q provide. They also like treatments - at a salon, rather than "in the comfort of your own home". So that big cash cow was not really available to them.

Well, if they were trying to follow the UK blueprint in France, they were doomed from the start! I certainly don't think, if they modelled their ideal presenter on DF's style in fashion or sales it wouldn't be well received... and probably their biggest downfall would have been the money-making train that is skincare and beauty. Frenchwomen do not trowel their makeup on. They don't go for instagram style makeup with a nude lip. They don't go for fantasy colours. They are still, young and old and inbetween, classic in their look.

They go for a no-makeup natural look (not one which requires layers of products to achieve) - with either a natural (not nude) lip, or a classic red lip. Same with nail polish - clear, red or none at all. I have worked with Frenchwomen and I know this to be true.

The other mistake they make is that while Frenchwomen care about their skin, they have boatloads of excellent cheap/affordable skincare which knocks spots of most of what Q provide. They also like treatments - at a salon, rather than "in the comfort of your own home". So that big cash cow was not really available to them.

Spot on. One of my A levels was in French & we went on numerous exchange visits, this was in the mid 70s & the women were as you described, since then we've had many holidays in France & they still are. I've kept a magazine article from that time all about French chic & even laminated it a couple of years ago because it's a really good guide about how to look your best but doing it simply. There's a photo of a woman wearing a three quarter length coat over just skimming the ankle trousers & simple flat shoes. Her lips are red, she's standing in front of a beautiful door that's painted in faded blue paint & holding a small bunch of daisies. After more than 40 years I still think she's as glorious as I did the first time I saw her

I haven't read all 55 posts, but of the times I've seen DF, I think she is the most professional female presenter (whether you like her as a person or not).

Has that thrown a spanner in the works lol?

I haven't read all 55 posts, but of the times I've seen DF, I think she is the most professional female presenter (whether you like her as a person or not).

We’re not commenting on her as a person, we don’t know her personally, no it’s her presenting style we don’t like. No there’s no spanner Strato, we all like different presenter styles, each to their own. :mysmilie_3:

You're obviously a much, much nicer person than me because professional is an adjective I'd never use to describe Flinty. Having written that a few weeks our lovely Shopps described her as looking like Les Dawson so I'm not sure I'd use female either... :mysmilie_17: Did you buy the spanner from QVC? If so, did you write a review & did they print it?

@candycane yep THE Britt Ekland :)

One thing that really out me off DF. She was presenting an Apple show with Lee "I'll fit in as many superlatives as I can" Hohbein, and they were talking about an Apple laptop that was something crazy like £1400. Hohbein said "of course, if you are just browsing the web and doing Facebook, this probably isn't for you"

To which DF jumped in with "well, unless you want the top of the line" with a sort of little smirk on her face.

All I could think was....hang on, you are really trying to convince people to spend well over a grand just to browse the net and use Facebook. Not to mention the fact that an Apple laptop for that price, isn't anywhere near being "top of the line" as spec wise for the same price, a regular PC would trounce it.

It just seemed really sneaky of her.

Latest posts

Back