Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Price of a battery for a Swift hedge trimmer £75

Price of charger for this battery £25

Price of hedge trimmer WITH same battery and charger £75

Price of same hedge trimmer WITHOUT battery and charger £100

What a shambles!

It seems like a shambles but I suspect there's a QVC rationale behind this weird approach to pricing: the over-priced items aren't expected to sell, they're just there to drive sales of the apparent bargain bundles like TSVs.

Caveat emptor!

It is the last item which is the really stupid price, £25 more WITHOUT a battery and charger (supposedly worth £100) than the same item WITH a battery and charger!

It’s like all these separate beauty items that appear just before the TSV they are included in

I can write their script right now - - - - - -

"If you were to buy the hedge trimmer, battery and charger separately they would cost you £200.

But we are selling the whole bundle for just £75"

It’s like buy this cause it’s only x much more than the price of such and such you normally buy plus the postage so stock up and buy more. So folk end up with all these other extra items they wouldn’t buy. But get told look at the price they would be bought individually plus separate postage. Then they factor in either sign up for a year to receive the same set or one that’s going to contain slightly different items during the year. Best one is nail varnishes we can’t actually show you the coming colours cause they are that brand new. But you can have x number for the price of x if you don’t like all of them just give some as gifts along with the lipsticks we sell just the same way or hand creams.
I don’t know much about buying nail varnishes cause don’t buy that much but when I do I buy cause..... Well I like the colour I see in the bottle and don’t choose to buy it if I don’t. By the numbers that have sold on auto delivery like that when folk have no idea on the shades, I must be one one my own.

It’s like buy this cause it’s only x much more than the price of such and such you normally buy plus the postage so stock up and buy more. So folk end up with all these other extra items they wouldn’t buy. But get told look at the price they would be bought individually plus separate postage. Then they factor in either sign up for a year to receive the same set or one that’s going to contain slightly different items during the year. Best one is nail varnishes we can’t actually show you the coming colours cause they are that brand new. But you can have x number for the price of x if you don’t like all of them just give some as gifts along with the lipsticks we sell just the same way or hand creams.
I don’t know much about buying nail varnishes cause don’t buy that much but when I do I buy cause..... Well I like the colour I see in the bottle and don’t choose to buy it if I don’t. By the numbers that have sold on auto delivery like that when folk have no idea on the shades, I must be one one my own.

I have seen pictures on Facebook of people with drawers full of nail polish.

I have seen pictures on Facebook of people with drawers full of nail polish.

:mysmilie_859::mysmilie_458:

But I’m sure is so very true the thing is do they like all the colours and would they have picked up and bought them on the high street

Latest posts

Back