Orly Nails TSV 28/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The pusher & remover tool is brilliant & even my delicate little wisps benefit from having it used on them.

Have you used it with the Cutique stuff?

Yes I did at first because I had them in a set. I have to look after my nails & thought I did a good job with my cuticles but I was surprised by how much fine skin there was on the nail plate. I put a Burts Bees hand salve on my cuticles so use it with that & it works just as well, I think it needs something that allows it to 'slip' & not scratch the nail.

The pusher & remover tool is brilliant & even my delicate little wisps benefit from having it used on them.

Ooh tell more? I thought it looked really harsh, & the 'dead skin' (on a nail plate??) was actually nail being scraped off, or more likely a clear/white product sneakily applied for the demo.

Edit: Hadn't read above, sorry.

Orly 7 Piece Wild Thing Collection & Bag
Item Number: 239108
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £3.95

This fabulous seven-piece collection from Orly includes five new nail colours that are currently only available at QVC, plus Cutique Cuticle and Stain Remover, a professional cuticle pusher and a leopard print clutch bag that's perfect for gifting and travel. Get everything you need to achieve a perfect manicure at home with this Orly Wild Thing nail collection.
Salon-style nails - each professional nail polish is vegan, cruelty-free and packed with pigment for two-coat coverage every time. Plus, they each have the easy-to-hold Orly Gripper Cap which offers ease of opening and precise application, as well as the Genius Brush - a 600 count bristle brush that is curved to fit the shape of the cuticles.

Prep, paint and go! - this gorgeous nail collection gives you everything you need for the ultimate manicure. Use the Cutique Cuticle and Stain Remover and cuticle pusher together to effectively push your cuticles and achieve a manicure-ready, brighter nail look. Then just choose your shade (or shades) and you're all set!

Contains:

1 x Wilderness Polish (18ml) - a velvety cashmere nude creme
1 x Mirage Polish (18ml) - a shimmering rose gold foil with a hint of lilac
1 x Dragonfruit Polish (18ml) - a bold, bright magenta pink creme
1 x Jungle Boogie Polish (18ml) - a pale gold glitter
1 x Heart of Adventure Polish (18ml) - a gorgeous rich, deep cherry red
1 x Cutique Cuticle and Stain Remover (9ml) - designed to help soften the feel of your cuticles while removing signs of stains and dead tissue from your nails
1 x cuticle pusher
1 x leopard print clutch bag

Delivered to UK mainland only

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239108

Ooh tell more? I thought it looked really harsh, & the 'dead skin' (on a nail plate??) was actually nail being scraped off, or more likely a clear/white product sneakily applied for the demo.

Edit: Hadn't read above, sorry.

Good point! I nearly caved and bought it but then I read this and thought hmmm if it was legit they should have demoed putting it on and scraping all on camera. Thanks! Money saved....

The cutique and pusher had me tempted, but as I've got at least 100 bottles of nail polish already, I can't justify it.
I am definitely worried that if Ali is modelling this all day, if they are demoing it several times, won't they actually risk damaging the nail eventually to make the scraping look productive? First couple of times they should get plenty of skin etc that is growing over the nail plate. I'm not sure I could risk it as my fingernails are extremely thin... but I do love the idea of something for my toes... the cuticle there is particularly hard to keep in check.

QVC do also do a set which is just the cutique and pusher for similar to the TSV. Even if it's therefore not such good value, to me it would be. Buying products I won't ever use, and won't get around to selling is just wasting product and money. First off I will do a web search and see if someone else does the cutique and pusher for a similar or better price than QVC.

I was a bit perturbed by the demo of the Cutique personally. When my nails need "doing", I can see 2-3mm of a sort of membrane growing over my nail at the bottom and that's what I aim to remove with some kind of remover and tool. I have been using a Leighton Denny one and the tool is from Avon (cheap but actually not bad). In the demo on Emma's nails, the demonstrator was starting the "scrape" well over half way up the nail and she was peeling off loads of something or other. Surely that can't all be dead skin and must be a protective layer. Does anyone have that much dead skin covering their nails?

I would be interested in the Cutique, though, and I'm running out of remover. As per previous post, Twilight does rate it. I will look on eBay in a few days' time, once people start offloading items from the TSV they don't want.

I was a bit perturbed by the demo of the Cutique personally. When my nails need "doing", I can see 2-3mm of a sort of membrane growing over my nail at the bottom and that's what I aim to remove with some kind of remover and tool. I have been using a Leighton Denny one and the tool is from Avon (cheap but actually not bad). In the demo on Emma's nails, the demonstrator was starting the "scrape" well over half way up the nail and she was peeling off loads of something or other. Surely that can't all be dead skin and must be a protective layer. Does anyone have that much dead skin covering their nails?

I would be interested in the Cutique, though, and I'm running out of remover. As per previous post, Twilight does rate it. I will look on eBay in a few days' time, once people start offloading items from the TSV they don't want.

As per my previous, I am more sure than not, that the 'skin' coming off the nails is clear polish previously applied. See also LMM post for reasoning. There is no way I'd allow anyone demoing on my hands to 'scrape off skin' throughout the day.

As per my previous, I am more sure than not, that the 'skin' coming off the nails is clear polish previously applied. See also LMM post for reasoning. There is no way I'd allow anyone demoing on my hands to 'scrape off skin' throughout the day.

Piecing together what they are saying in the Beauty Insider with AY show, they have used several models and done a different hand for the cutique demo in each hour. Ali Bailey (B&W model) did launch and pre-launch, Emma earlier today and Rachel currently. So it seems they are not abusing the nailplate and wrecking the models hands.

Dead skin does tend to be quite far up the nail.

It will be skin, it won't be clear polish, if you used the Cutique on nails that had anything painted on them you would damage the nail as any polish would work against the slip of the Cutique and the tool would damage the nail.

Last edited:
I occasionally do gel colour on my nails and you get one of those scraper tools to scrape off the polish. its very harsh imo and shocked to see it used on a naked nail.

I occasionally do gel colour on my nails and you get one of those scraper tools to scrape off the polish. its very harsh imo and shocked to see it used on a naked nail.

The Orly tool is a little different

Dead skin does tend to be quite far up the nail.

It will be skin, it won't be clear polish, if you used the Cutique on nails that had anything painted on them you would damage the nail as any polish would work against the slip of the Cutique and the tool would damage the nail.

We have no way of knowing for sure what 'prep' goes on behind the scenes, & despite the sumising, there is still no way I'd let them do that to my nails.

For something to loosen the skin on the nail that quickly, it must be fairly powerful in comparison to most products you can get. I just did a foot peel. It took a week before it even began to slough off dead skin. That was about 90 mins with bootees impregnated with lactic and glycolic acids (Superdrug one which worked whereas a more expensive one I got from QVC didn't).

Whether you buy it or not, it seems wise to use cutique with caution.

Latest posts

Back