Prolagene Lift Lifting Flash Mask 5ml
Prolagene Lift & Firm Day Cream 5ml
Aromessence Lavender Iris Firmness Oil Serum 5ml
Hydra Floral White Petal Hydrating sleeping Mask 5ml
Neroli Shower Gel 50ml
Rose Shower Gel 50ml
Lavender Shower Gel 50ml
Aroma Cleanse 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator 50ml

I have 2 from last year and are going to open them this December. Got them in the sale.

I like the idea of it but the tiny sizes are hard to get the product out of the tube/bottle. It's a bit gimmicky for me but I do like the look of that Elemis rose face oil and mist.

CC

Having looked at the contents again, the 50ml sizes are cleanser, peel and shower gels. Might have been better value for the customer if the bigger sizes had been the better products such as the balms and serums. Shower gel is probably very cheap to produce in comparison. Not going for advent calendar from any brand this year.

CC

Candycane, the companies know no matter what people will buy these advent calendars.

Now we on st.com and on the beauty forums do weight up the sizes and decide but so many just go WOW!! Must buy that.

Advent calendars are big business these days.I usually go for the M&S one as it is a reasonable price and has a selection of the well known brands which they stock.See it is available from 31/10.

Advent calendars are big business these days.I usually go for the M&S one as it is a reasonable price and has a selection of the well known brands which they stock.See it is available from 31/10.
I got the M&S one last year and was very pleased with it. However I bought a coat and a few bits there last week so am hoping I won't be spending the qualifying amount again in October!

I have bought some Decleor goodies for 60% off or more on QVC website no need for these calendars....

Not something we would normally get but just thinking to buy one to send to our 24 year daughter
Started her first job moved to London from the North West eight weeks ago. The thought of her being able to open a little treat each day, rather than the usual daily chocolate, like at Uni. No idea what to get, she wouldn’t expect one, so nothing too expensive.

I usually buy the M and S advent, but, I’ve seen what’s in the box this year and not overly impressed

I think these calendars were really good when they first came out and very popular. Now everyone's doing them and it would seem we're all queuing up to buy them so maybe the quality of the content is going to take a nosedive as companies rake in the cash.

CC

I usually buy the M and S advent, but, I’ve seen what’s in the box this year and not overly impressed

I must check out the contents. The last three years, they have been great but their Summer Beauty Box this year was quite poor compared to the previous ones and I think it was either dearer or you had to spend more to get it (or both). What a shame if the advent calendar has gone downhill too.

Oh dear, the MB one QVC is selling has a one-star review.:mysmilie_17:

No doubt, because it is old and overpriced compared to the current one MB, are selling themselves.

Something suspicious is going on, Donna, you won’t be surprised to hear. I commented the other day that the MB calendar on the QVC website had two one-star reviews and both pointed out that it was last year’s edition and dearer than the 2019 calendar from MB direct. I was a bit surprised to see they published the reviews actually, knowing what they are like, and sure enough the reviews have been removed. If you search for advent calendars, the results show it has one star and there have been two reviews, but if you click on the item to view, mysteriously there are no reviews at all and you are invited to be “the first to review” it. Hmmmm...

Oh yes! Definitely iffy! And raised as a question on the site I see. Another question is about the orice and someone has answered that by comparing the edt contents if the two calendars.

So I posted on that thread that last year's MB calendar was £175 direct and with no P&P - meaning that for at least year old stock, they have bunged on an extra £23 plus £4.95 P&P, ****** cheek!

What I think is even more outrageous is that the current MB calendar (for £175) is still worse value than Q's overpriced one from last year. This year's one only has 3 x 7.5ml EDT sample sizes, vs 2 x 50ml full size EDTs in last year's one. I reckon a lot of people will just assume this year's one is the same as previous ones, vs the total swizz it is!

Not something we would normally get but just thinking to buy one to send to our 24 year daughter
Started her first job moved to London from the North West eight weeks ago. The thought of her being able to open a little treat each day, rather than the usual daily chocolate, like at Uni. No idea what to get, she wouldn’t expect one, so nothing too expensive.

That's so lovely. Every year I still post parcels of sweets to our daughters for the evening before St Nicholas' Day. When the girls were little they would leave their shoes outside their bedroom doors on 5th December & I would fill them with sweets, pretending that St Nicholas' elves had left them as they had been good throughout the year, their delight next morning was joyful.

Latest posts

Back