Philosophy TSV 08/09/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have always liked the Philosophy TSVs but not going for any more.I don’t know if they have changed the formulations but the scent does not last at all, IMO.

It seems like nearly every brand is changing its formulation. I had MB eau de toilette and the scent lasts for 10 minutes which isn't great for something that costs £45. Decleor definitely changed some of its products, haven't tried Philosophy.

CC

September is early for a Christmas TSV! Last year Philosophy's was late October.

It seems like nearly every brand is changing its formulation. I had MB eau de toilette and the scent lasts for 10 minutes which isn't great for something that costs £45. Decleor definitely changed some of its products, haven't tried Philosophy.

CC

The Pure Grace smells of cat piss.

The Pure Grace smells of cat piss.

- re above - it's just not as funny with 'pee'. I only use bad words like that for comic effect - see also 'tits' '****' & 'knockers'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha, I love Pure Grace :mysmilie_17: although there are a few perfumes that definitely go tom cat on me - Opium and Coco Chanel being two of the worst culprits!

I bought the Pure Grace piss last year in some 'good value' set. Perhaps they changed the formula to cat piss in one of the recent (?) meddles?

I bought the Pure Grace piss last year in some 'good value' set. Perhaps they changed the formula to cat piss in one of the recent (?) meddles?

I ****** well hope they haven't tinkered with it, that one's my fave as it's the closest to one of my old faves (discontinued as they always are) Armani White for Her!

The one I can't bear on me is Amazing Grace, it's totally insipid on my skin.

I ****** well hope they haven't tinkered with it, that one's my fave as it's the closest to one of my old faves (discontinued as they always are) Armani White for Her!

The one I can't bear on me is Amazing Grace, it's totally insipid on my skin.

More like the (cat) has tinkled in it (for me at least!)

Would go & try again, but it's a hot day.....

Last years TSV at Christmas for Philosophy was a disgrace. If you looked at the reviews of the same release in the US on Qvc they were absolutely abysmal. Everybody saying the same thing that the fragrance was watered down and weak. Some saying scents notes were slightly different also.

Qvc UK then released the same rubbish on the UK market for Christmas. I bought it for my mum having not read the US reviews at that stage.

Low and behold the UK reviews were awful too and my poor mum was so disappointed that she could hardly smell the scent she has loved for several years.

Qvc were quick to take down the item once the reviews got embarrassingly dire. They even had the cheek to say it was stronger and more long lasting as this was an EDP. Lol.

Please don't waste your money.

Last edited:
that is strange cause i know people who bought that tsv & have come back & bought it several times since as its been aired since & are more than happy with it so i take everything with a pinch of salt

that is strange cause i know people who bought that tsv & have come back & bought it several times since as its been aired since & are more than happy with it so i take everything with a pinch of salt

I guess some people stay loyal no matter what. Just look at the amount of people still buying Yankee candles even though the throw is absolutely dire on most of the fragrances.

That TSV last year had well over 50 1 star reviews before they took it down. I am not surprised they aired it again judging by how many people in the reviews said they'd returned it after Christmas.

Just checked and last year's TSV is still being sold. It looks like they remove it for a while and then bring it back as it was definitely gone when I last attempted a review. Surprisingly, the existing 63 1 star reviews are still there for all to read. I wonder if the US reviews are still online, they were even more damning than the British ones.

If companies think they are saving money by changing their forumlas to cheaper ingredients they need to re-think. Customers know right away when something is different, just like they know when their favourite food/drink suddenly tastes completely different because the sugar/salt has been removed. We're not daft, unless we continue to buy products we no longer like. That's why I've stopped buying Decleor I suppose.

CC

If companies think they are saving money by changing their forumlas to cheaper ingredients they need to re-think. Customers know right away when something is different, just like they know when their favourite food/drink suddenly tastes completely different because the sugar/salt has been removed. We're not daft, unless we continue to buy products we no longer like. That's why I've stopped buying Decleor I suppose.

CC

And why I've practically given up with Liz Earle (apart from their shampoo). I'm already dreading the day that they start tinkering with that.

And why I've practically given up with Liz Earle (apart from their shampoo). I'm already dreading the day that they start tinkering with that.

I totally agree. Maybe all these beauty companies have made their money, sold out to the mega companies and now it's all about the profits. They will get new customers that don't know how good the old products were and don't know they are being sold down the river.

CC

CC

I totally agree. Maybe all these beauty companies have made their money, sold out to the mega companies and now it's all about the profits. They will get new customers that don't know how good the old products were and don't know they are being sold down the river.

CC

CC

I actually think that's a very good point because I remember when LE originally changed C&P. It was still a good product after they'd taken out the almond milk and replaced it with Cocoa butter, so it didn't bother me too much really, but, I found a bottle of it last week that I must have bought a year ago or so ago and the difference between then and now is staggering. I think sometimes we don't notice as much when the changes are done over a few years, but when it's overnight I think they're all shooting themselves in the foot really.
Decleor have done themselves no favours at all recently, and the skin care market is so huge that peoples loyalty can only be pushed so far.

I am always put off a brand when they are taken over by the Mega companies.I used to love Jo Malone perfumes when it was JM and yesterday tried one of my old favourites.Fortunately I did not buy it there and then and left it to ‘develop’ and did not like it at all.Now it is possible that I have just gone off it, or has it be changed? I am a Decleor fan,well was,but am reluctant to buy now.

Latest posts

Back